Skyrim bad lag on menus

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by llamatoenail (2 posts) -
i just passed level 36, and I started getting really bad lag about a week ago. it does lag when i'm exploring and running around etc, buts it mainly when I go to the items screen and the magic screen and try to equip anything. theres about a 15 second delay on every item i equip. it also happens when i loot a chest, or search a container. can someone please help?
#2 Posted by bessy67 (1734 posts) -

Hasn't ever happened to me. It kinda sounds like the problem that PS3 users were having with lag once the save file got to be a certain size. Something you could try is clearing your hard drive cache. I don't know if that would help, but it's something you could try.

#3 Posted by alaskanxboxboy (2 posts) -
Hello. I think i may have come up with a solution, i have tried and tested it. My solution is to Kill 1 (one) guard. When others come to arrest you, submit and go to jail. The next loading screen will take what seems like forever to load. Do something else for like 5-10 minutes. When you are in the jail, serve your time. When you get out, you should have no lag. The reason this happens is because the jail takes all of your items away, which forces the game to take them all out. this means that the game has to acknowledge them, load them, move them, and such. for some reason, when it does this, the items load faster. thus, the game loads faster. No idea if that is the real reason why, but it is the only fix that i have come up with. Happy Hunting!
#4 Posted by ikonmelee (1 posts) -
THANK YOU!!! I HAD TO MAKE A NEW FILE AND QUIT MY LEVEL 70 ACCOUNT! THE JAIL FIX WORKS!!!