Sign in to Live account each time kids play a download game?

garya505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 garya505
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I bought the downloaded Minecraft for my new XBOX 360. I created separate profiles for my kids but it appears that I have to sign in to my Live account every time my kids want to play it. Is this because MS has to verify that I bought it? Is there a work-around for this? Should I have bought the disc version?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@garya505 said:

I bought the downloaded Minecraft for my new XBOX 360. I created separate profiles for my kids but it appears that I have to sign in to my Live account every time my kids want to play it. Is this because MS has to verify that I bought it? Is there a work-around for this? Should I have bought the disc version?

That's the way it works with live,

No dlc and no arcade games (and minecraft is on the arcade games section) when you're not online.

It's different when you have the dlc and arcade games on disc of course

What you can do is transfer the rights of the game to those accounts, so that they are online they have the rights.

garya505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 garya505
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@commander said:

@garya505 said:

That's the way it works with live,

No dlc and no arcade games (and minecraft is on the arcade games section) when you're not online.

It's different when you have the dlc and arcade games on disc of course

What you can do is transfer the rights of the game to those accounts, so that they are online they have the rights.

No. We are ONLY playing it offline.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

That´s odd, I have several digital games purchased in my Xbox, I have my XBL profile ( the one I use to play on-line ) and several other profiles ( another for me, my daughter, my son, my nephew and a friend of my son ) and any of those non XBL profiles can play any of the digital games without I having to sign in.

MortisPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By MortisPenguin
Member since 2014 • 172 Posts

That's strange, I've never had that happen to my Xbox One.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

On the Xbox One I think you can share content on the system designated as your home console (so friends who have accounts that are not gold can come around, play online with you through your gold subscription as it counts for the console on the home defined system, rather than for just one account). However, with the Xbox 360, as others have said, your account buys the content and thus must be signed in to allow others to also use the games downloaded to the console (this is different to retail games bought on disk as you just need the disk to play).

I am not sure of a solution to this problem, a DRM transfer only works console to console as far as I know and not user to user as suggested above, but maybe @commander could share on how we can do this if it is a legitimate thing to do?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@raugutcon said:

That´s odd, I have several digital games purchased in my Xbox, I have my XBL profile ( the one I use to play on-line ) and several other profiles ( another for me, my daughter, my son, my nephew and a friend of my son ) and any of those non XBL profiles can play any of the digital games without I having to sign in.

I'm not 100% sure, but the reason for this, I believe, is because you are probably using the same console that you purchased these games on. Xbox 360 games are not just tied to the profile, if I remember correctly, the game liscense is also tied to the Xbox console you originally bought the games from.

Lets say your 360 breaks and you get a new one and re-download all your games, well as far as I know you will then only be able to play them if your profile is signed into Xbox Live. If you want to be able to do as you stated above(on a different console), you need to transfer your liscences to the new console, but you have to be careful doing this as you can only transfer game liscences a few times a year I think. I remember running into this issue when I sent it my 360 to MS for a replacement and they gave me a refurbished 360.....I could no longer play my 360 games on the new refurbished console unless I was signed into XBL. This problem was solved by transfering the game liscences to the new console. Hope that isn't too confusing, I'm fairly certain that's how it was on the 360 :)

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I purchased a new console and physically changed the HDD in my older console to the new one, then did the license transfer, yes, you can only transfer licenses a certain amount of times throughout the year.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Microsoft ripped you off, you shouldn't even need to perform a license transfer, any game or DLC you buy is tied to the 1st console it gets downloaded, and all profiles should be able access it offline.