Should I Switch from PS4 to Xbox One?

• 57 results
#1 Posted by SkilledWhiteGuy (6 posts) -

I've recently been rethinking my original choice to buy the PS4 over the Xbox One. I got my PS4 in January and have enjoyed it, but not as much as I thought I would. I've generally only played NBA 2K and MLB The Show, but got bored of both relatively easily. With games like Crackdown, the Halo series remastered and Halo 5 coming out in the future, should I consider selling my PS4 and switching to the Xbox One? Which system do you guys think will be better in the future?

Would love to hear everyone's opinion.
Thanks

#2 Edited by SolidTy (42444 posts) -

I own both and I can honestly tell you I don't play either much. Luckily I don't sell my old machines and I'm still catching up and beating last gen games with the occasional PC game here and there.

That said, due to PS+ (12 free games) I have played PS4 more than Xbone (Games with Gold 3 free games). My PC is for exclusives (would do multiplats but DRM keeps me away). My PS4 is for exclusives and multiplats (performance). My Xbone is for exclusives. My Wii U is for exclusives.

I didn't like the Crackdown series, so the idea of another one isn't an exciting prospect to me, but heck I'll give it a shot if it scores high. I own all the Halos, so the upcoming Halo Remastered is another prospect that's not enticing to me (same for Tomb Raider remastered, Metro Remastered, The Last of Us remastered, Zelda Wind Waker HD, etc). I bought my new machines for new games basically.

Crackdown and Halo 5 are due next year, so perhaps you should wait until they are released thereby getting a possible discount on the Xbone and even a cool Halo 5 bundle themed Xbone. I follow developers more than brands also.

My advice to you is do whatever you want because I'm not you. What excites you doesn't excite me. I bought both, you may choose to do that or buy the other. Heck, you may choose to sell your PS4 and decide on a Wii U or go on vacation. Good luck.

----

I did some research and I found some numbers:

• PS4 has a list of 111 games available to purchase right now.
  • PS4 has currently 317 games slated to release on the PS4 in the future.
  • Xbone has a list of 59 games available to purchase right now.
  • Xbone has currently 284 games slated to release on the Xbone in the future.

As you can see, the PS4 has more games than the Xbone today. The PS4 has more games slated for the future. Good luck to you and whatever your choice is. Personally, I think LAUNCH YEARS SUCK...but I'm used to it. I've been through this many, many times over the years with my original Xbox 1 OG 2001 Launch purchase. Gamecube launch purchase, PS2 launch purchase, 360 launch, Dreamcast launch, N64 launch, Wii Launch, PS3 launch, etc. I knew what to expect going in.

#3 Posted by jesser7 (45 posts) -

might as well keep it u wont get back wat its worth and games will be out in the next couple off months.

#4 Posted by Undue_Influence (44 posts) -

Really depends what you want in a system, and what you want in exclusives. I think Xbone is a better all around entertainment hub for movies, music and gaming + the interface looks better than PS4. However if it is pure gaming it could also really depend on what you want i.e. JRPGs, Unchartered, Gran Turismo, Infamous, the Crew etc or Halo, Forza, Titanfall (1), Sunset O/drive type games.

I currently have both, and have not used my PS4 since boxing day, as the Xbone also serves for streaming content from PC as well as gaming. PS+ is great, however Games with Gold just started for Xbone in June so it is really a preference decision.

#5 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (5772 posts) -

This is something you need to decide for yourself... If you only want 1 system, then look at the exclusives and see which you prefer. And whether the slight difference in graphics is a big deal to you.

I personally have both, but I'm probably looking forward to the upcoming Xbox games more.

#6 Posted by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

Decide on your own, we're not the ones who will be playing the system for you. But as an owner of both consoles, I say no. Hang on to your PS4 (Buy an Xbox One later on down the track).

#7 Posted by sukraj (22131 posts) -

get whatever u made need sonny jim only u can decide if u want sell your Ps4.

#8 Posted by Bishop1310 (986 posts) -

I've recently been rethinking my original choice to buy the PS4 over the Xbox One. I got my PS4 in January and have enjoyed it, but not as much as I thought I would. I've generally only played NBA 2K and MLB The Show, but got bored of both relatively easily. With games like Crackdown, the Halo series remastered and Halo 5 coming out in the future, should I consider selling my PS4 and switching to the Xbox One? Which system do you guys think will be better in the future?

Thanks

I own both and I can tell you I use my X1 100x more then my ps4. I don't think ive touched my ps4 in 3 weeks or so. I've debated selling it as I too kind of regret buying it. I like to believe I learned a little from last gen, as i swapped consoles quite a bit. If you know you're going to be playing some exclusives for the PS4 eventually then keep it, if all the games you want to play are multiplats then grab an X1 and sell the ps4.

I will most likely sell my ps4 in the next few weeks so it's hard to tell you to keep it but make an evaluation based on games and go from there.

For me this gen it's going to be wii u, pc and x1. PS4 has been a waste of money for me to this point.

#9 Posted by cejay0813 (611 posts) -

Hold on to it and buy the XB1 when they bundle it with the Master Chief Collection as I'm 90% sure they're going to do that to push systems... They may even release a custom Xbox with that one.

#10 Posted by StormyJoe (4889 posts) -

Thanks

I think you should keep it and maybe save up for an XB1. I don't know too many people who have traded in one console for another and not had buyer's remorse. The PS4 is a good console. I like XB1 more because of the extra features, though.

#11 Posted by Mercuria1_King (276 posts) -

You should just buy a Xbox One and keep the PS4.

#12 Posted by BigBadBully (575 posts) -

Well the only reason to get an xbone is if you like the exclusives. If your mainly a sports/multiplat gamer then just stay with the PS4.

#13 Posted by jay_k3 (477 posts) -

I have both and I think they're both awesome. If you can afford it, I would get both. If not, you should try to get access to an xbox one and try it out. Both consoles have great features, it just depends on the features you like more.

#14 Edited by MarcRecon (5471 posts) -

Last-gen I got the 360 first and a few months later I got the PS3! This-gen I went with sony first and it wasn't because I like one over the other, it was just that neither system had overwhelming launch tittles(Son of Rome almost got me), but I'm more of a KillZone fan.

I might get the XB1 when they release the Halo collection but mostlikely I'll get it when the new Gears comes out. The point I'm trying to make is both systems have a bright future once their exclusives come out so you can't go wrong either way.

#15 Posted by fgjnfgh (2630 posts) -

@skilledwhiteguy: So far I am liking my X1 more. Multiplat games looks better on PS4 ( not that much of a difference) if you don't care about a little extra nicer graphics then go with X1 since its exclusives way better than PS4 this year. Halo, Titanfall, and Sunset Over Drive are all exclusives multiplayer I am going to spend too much time playing them this year. PS4's next year exclusives look solid but I haven't seen a multiplayer exclusive from them yet. Titanfall has really made a difference for me.

#16 Posted by Im_DarkwingDuck (8 posts) -

Yes

#17 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8820 posts) -

I did what you did and bought a PS4 and a few games, only to discover I disliked the controller and it was a dealbreaker for me. I sold my PS4 + games off Craigslist for $400 at the time and lost about $120 in games. I ended up buying the Xbox One for $500 before they even came out with the Titanfall bundles and stuff PLUS I had to rebuy the games I had before. So I basically spent an extra $220 to switch over to the Xbox One because the Xbox One was $100 extra and I had to rebuy the games I had. I do play my Xbox everyday and I prefer the Live interface and controller over the PS4, so I don't feel completely ripped off or anything, but let me just say that I definitely lost a lot of money doing the switch. It's a little different today as the Xbox One now can be had for the same price as the PS4, but I still would be cautious in making the switch. You are probably better off just saving up and buying an Xbox One. I wish I went with the One in the first place. Very stupid on my end.

#18 Posted by Free_Buffalo197 (7 posts) -

I did the same as you did Madden Bowler with getting the PS4 to begin with and then switching over to the XB1. I ended up trading my ps4 in with all of the games to gamestop in March and got back about 480 from the deal so I only paid about 100 bucks for the total switch over. It was worth it though since I was able to once again be able to play with friends online and not a lone plus the exclusives are better.

#19 Posted by blueinheaven (94 posts) -

I did what you did and bought a PS4 and a few games, only to discover I disliked the controller and it was a dealbreaker for me. I sold my PS4 + games off Craigslist for $400 at the time and lost about $120 in games. I ended up buying the Xbox One for $500 before they even came out with the Titanfall bundles and stuff PLUS I had to rebuy the games I had before. So I basically spent an extra $220 to switch over to the Xbox One because the Xbox One was $100 extra and I had to rebuy the games I had. I do play my Xbox everyday and I prefer the Live interface and controller over the PS4, so I don't feel completely ripped off or anything, but let me just say that I definitely lost a lot of money doing the switch. It's a little different today as the Xbox One now can be had for the same price as the PS4, but I still would be cautious in making the switch. You are probably better off just saving up and buying an Xbox One. I wish I went with the One in the first place. Very stupid on my end.

This is a great post and I hope the OP has read it and taken it in. Ditching a new console for another of similar quality having spent a ton on the first one is a painful process. Unless you have lots of friends online you want to play with on X1 just keep the PS4 and get an X1 later. They are both pretty bad for exclusives at the moment and the multiplats are much better on PS4. MaddenBowler made the switch he likes the X1 interface and controller that's totally fair enough but if your decision is based on games alone (and you have hardly played any games on PS4) don't make the switch. Multiplats will always be better on PS4. Get an X1 later for the exclusives.

#20 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8820 posts) -

@MaddenBowler10 said:

This is a great post and I hope the OP has read it and taken it in. Ditching a new console for another of similar quality having spent a ton on the first one is a painful process. Unless you have lots of friends online you want to play with on X1 just keep the PS4 and get an X1 later. They are both pretty bad for exclusives at the moment and the multiplats are much better on PS4. MaddenBowler made the switch he likes the X1 interface and controller that's totally fair enough but if your decision is based on games alone (and you have hardly played any games on PS4) don't make the switch. Multiplats will always be better on PS4. Get an X1 later for the exclusives.

Thanks! I do hope OP read it and taken it in as well. The last part of your post about getting the X1 later for exclusives is the exact same thing I did with the last gen consoles. I had a 360 as my main console for multiplats and I saved up later for a PS3 to play the exclusives for it.

#21 Posted by blueinheaven (94 posts) -

@blueinheaven said:

@MaddenBowler10 said:

Thanks! I do hope OP read it and taken it in as well. The last part of your post about getting the X1 later for exclusives is the exact same thing I did with the last gen consoles. I had a 360 as my main console for multiplats and I saved up later for a PS3 to play the exclusives for it.

It was the same for me last gen. I got all multiplats on 360 because I really liked that you could install them all to hard drive and there wasn't much to choose between 360 and PS3. It's the other way round this time, PS4 now for better performance and graphics and X1 later well not that much later I want Halo Masterchief Collection so X1 around Christmas :)

#22 Posted by aWork0fArt (6 posts) -

Keep your PS4 and buy the Xbox One. You'll be set for about 10 years. . You'll have access to both PS4 and Xbox One exclusives games. .

#23 Edited by watchdogsrules (315 posts) -
#24 Edited by SolidTy (42444 posts) -
#25 Edited by RapidTurtle (340 posts) -

I just sold my PS4, and am going to pick up the Madden edition of the Xbox. I wasn't really crazy about the PS4. Killzone was alright, but no Halo. Cod had terrible lag, which I have read it doesn't on the Xbox. My ps4, was just collecting dust. I am really looking forward to checking out Titan fall, and can't wait for t he Master chief collection coming in November. I still say the original Halo was the best game I have ever played. I don't understand all of the hate for the Xbox. They seem to have some really great games coming up.

#26 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

They both suck.

#27 Posted by RapidTurtle (340 posts) -

Also, if your going to get rid of your ps4, do it soon before they announce any holiday bundles. I just got $465 for the console and a few games. Not to shabby for a console that I've had since launch, and the games have a pretty much worthless trade in value.

#28 Posted by Megavideogamer (5321 posts) -

Get the Xbox one and keep your PS4. The 8th generation of consoles is not even 1 year in. So the PS4 has disappointed you thus far? Remember that this generation could last another 8 years. Get Xbox one and keep PS4 that way you are set for the entire 8th gen.

This is what I do. It is best if you can have all of the consoles for each era.

#29 Posted by Zombiekiller360 (368 posts) -

Keep the PS4 and save up for an X1 you'll thank everyone later

#30 Posted by skipper847 (3165 posts) -

Keep it and save up as 10 year is along time.

#31 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8203 posts) -

It would be very short sighted to sell the ps4. Keep it and just grab a xbox one too. Not that hard of choice lol

#32 Posted by Mesomorphin (813 posts) -

If you want to actually play some games this Fall, then yes you may want to make the switch, otherwise you will be waiting until fall next year...

#33 Edited by SolidTy (42444 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

If you want to actually play some games this Fall, then yes you may want to make the switch, otherwise you will be waiting until fall next year...

That's not true. Although both machines are the same age, surprisingly the PS4 has more games than Xbone though. If you are talking about this fall, that's still more games on one machine than the other...

I think you meant exclusives? (but you didn't say that)...but in pure game count, PS4 has more games out now and more games incoming.

I know as I own both machines and check out new games every week for both machines. It's also easy to research for those that don't own both.

----

This is about PURE GAME COUNT. You said GAMES, not exclusive games or multiplats or indies. GAMES. I'm counting games. HERE WE GO, which machine has more GAMES (AS YOU SAID)?

I didn't change the results. PS4 wins by having more games. I don't care which system has more games. I own both. However, you were wrong when you said the PS4 had less games. That's incorrect. I think that's because unlike me, you don't own both machines and therefore unlike me you aren't able to do a PROPER and FAIR Comparison as I do every week when I turn on both machines to see what's new.

#34 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1992 posts) -

ditch the PS4. I also bought one at launch and after a bit, it just bored me. The X1 may not be the graphical power house the PS4 is, but it is damn close and has many more next gen features. Sunset Overdrive, Halo TMCC, Halo 5, Tomb Raider, Gears of War, Fable Legends, Below, Crackdown and Quantum Break are all huge exclusives!!!

#35 Edited by Mesomorphin (813 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@mesomorphin said:

That's not true. Although both machines are the same age, surprisingly the PS4 has more games than Xbone though. If you are talking about this fall, that's still more games on one machine than the other...

I think you meant exclusives? (but you didn't say that)...but in pure game count, PS4 has more games out now and more games incoming.

I know as I own both machines and check out new games every week for both machines. It's also easy to research for those that don't own both.

Really? because there is literally nothing coming out on ps4 except for little big planet and the driving game. Xbone has what? like Sunset overdrive, halo, project spark, fable legends, forza horizon 2 and a shit tone of indies

#36 Edited by RapidTurtle (340 posts) -

Like I did, you can ditch the PS4 for now, and get most if not all of you money back. Then you have the Xbone for all of the great exclusives coming this year, and if you feel the need, grab a PS4 down the road when the price has dropped, and it has more games for it.

#37 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8203 posts) -

Why not own both so I don't miss out through it's lifetime? Doesn't make sense to sell it.

#38 Edited by SolidTy (42444 posts) -

mesomorphin said:

@SolidTy said:

@mesomorphin said:

----

This is about PURE GAME COUNT. You said GAMES, not exclusive games or multiplats or indies. GAMES. I'm counting games. HERE WE GO, which machine has more GAMES (AS YOU SAID)?

I didn't change the results. PS4 wins by having more games. I don't care which system has more games. I own both. However, you were wrong when you said the PS4 had less games. That's incorrect. I think that's because unlike me, you don't own both machines and therefore unlike me you aren't able to do a PROPER and FAIR Comparison as I do every week when I turn on both machines to see what's new.

Really? because there is literally nothing coming out on ps4 except for little big planet and the driving game. Xbone has what? like Sunset overdrive, halo, project spark, fable legends, forza horizon 2 and a shit tone of indies

Unfortunately, that's not true, PS4 has more releasing than two games this year. You posted, "Literally nothing". That is humorous.

Again, it seems you are confusing exclusives with actual pure game count as I already stated. You didn't read the post, it comes off as trolling? BTW, I downloaded project spark earlier this year. It's a free program to make and play games on XBL that I downloaded on my Xbone. Fable legends has no release date (you may as well list every game announced ever for PS4/Xbone that has no date).

Shit ton of indies describes the Xbone? Okay, I'll bite, but that 'shit ton of indies' phrase x2 also describes the PS4.

Have a good day man.

----

#39 Posted by Ovirew (6310 posts) -

@skilledwhiteguy: I got the PS4 at launch, and messed around with it a lot for two months until about the end of 2013. Around that time my free subscription to PS Plus ran out and I couldn't play Killzone online, and I had played through Knack about twice and was bored of it. For a few months my PS4 sat. And then, in like April or something, I can't remember exactly when, I got Infamous. That rekindled my interest in the system for a bit, but maybe for a month tops until I had completed that game.

By May I had become interested in the XBO, and in June I got one. I think its upcoming games look good, and it has more to offer me right now. That's just me, personally. I was drawn to the system because of Sunset Overdrive and Ha and lo 5, and now there are lots of other upcoming games I'm interested in such as Halo MC Collection, Crackdown, Phantom Dust, and Fable Legends, to name a few. I even discovered some existing XBO games that I'm interested in, such as PVZ Garden Warfare and Dead Rising 3. And I'll even have some original programming to possibly look forward to, whatever hasn't been canceled.

To be fair, we aren't very far into this console cycle. It's been almost a year, but not even quite that long. Most people I know from work don't own a next-gen console yet, and of the people that do few are getting a lot of use out of them right now. It may be a few more months, another year, or even two years, until we have those big, generation-defining games that we're still talking about years from now.

I don't think I'd give up on the PS4, since it will likely get better games as time goes on. But if you are interested in the XBO, then I'd recommend getting one of those as well. There's plenty of time, it's not going anywhere. And the prices of older titles are slowly but surely beginning to decrease.

#40 Edited by slim70 (333 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@mesomorphin said:

Yeah and most of those games are indies, multi-plat, timed exclusives and a few F2P. Why do you continue to mislead people with that garbage? People typically don't buy a console for indies or multi-plats dude!

#41 Edited by SolidTy (42444 posts) -

@slim70 said:

@SolidTy said:

mesomorphin said:

----

Yeah and most of those games are indies, multi-plat, timed exclusives and a few F2P. Why do you continue to mislead people with that garbage? People typically don't buy a console for indies or multi-plats dude!

Why do you continue to mislead people by quoting users and insisting on changing the subject? Why didn't you continue to read the thread where I spoke to the user more and found out he was trolling. Is that what you are doing, fanboy trolling? I hope not.

He said above, "because there is literally nothing coming out on ps4 except for little big planet and the driving game". Literally NOTHING? No wonder you selectively didn't quote his crazy post because anyone with a brain knows that the PS4 has more than two games releasing. As I said REPEATEDLY above: "Again, it seems you are confusing exclusives with actual pure game count."

AGAIN: "...actual pure game count". It's simple. No slicing off exclusives, or multiplats, or indies or whatever. Just count the games.

PURE GAME COUNT.

He said, "if you want to ACTUALLY play some games this fall" and gave advice to sell the PS4 machine. It was poor advice based on nonsensical logic. He insinuated the Xbone has games to play this fall and the PS4 does not have games this fall. That's not true. I had a choice. Post and correct him or let his lie remain uncontested. That was a week ago.

I posted above for users like yourself, "It's also easy to research for those that don't own both." It seems you chose not to read or research anything.

All I did was bring my experience in as a bonafide user of both machines. I shined TRUTH down on his poor post. He said 'Some games', not exclusives, just some games. I own all the machines and I happen to know that the PS4 has more GAMES than my Xbone. Anyone can look that up and find it's true. Check it out. Why do you try to mislead people by confusing them on something very simple? Maybe you are just confused and should research before posting?

Which machine has more games to play this fall, hmmm? There is only one answer. I gave the answer but if you don't believe me, look it up.

One machine has more games than the other. It's literally that simple. That was all I was answering.

As far as your opinion about indies, multiplatform games, and F2P and all that stuff. It's subjective. It's anecdotal. It's your opinion on what you play. The fact, and the only thing I came to answer, was that the mesomorphin poster asserted that one machine had games to play and one machine did not. The problem is he had it wrong as he didn't know and decided to make something up. It wasn't accurate and he was corrected.

He Was Wrong. He left knowing that and the case was closed. Now, a whole seven days later, you have revealed you are wrong for some reason. I'm not sure why. I made that post a WEEK AGO and it's old now. Case was closed. I'm surprised to find it bumped today and you finding out PS4 has more games inspired you to quote me. I don't make games for either, I just play them. I doubt you own both machines, so your personal experience wouldn't be the same as mine. In fact, maybe you own neither and this was just a trolling effort? Shame if that was your motive.

Your opinion about what kinds of games you like and what people buy machines is also your opinion, although truth be told you would be wrong if I looked at the sales for both Xbone and PS4. The PS4 is selling like crazy and the Xbone is not doing as well which is not a secret. Again, I don't care about sales, but you brought up why people buy things. Whatever on that. What the sales on PS4 indicate to me is that maybe people do buy consoles for indies, F2P, and multiplats! Choices for gamers to play. I would say people buy machines that have more games to play and the PS4 does have more to play Right now and slated too in the future. That's a fact. Look it up.

Available now: PS4 111 games >>> Xbone's 59 Games

Future: PS4 317 games >>> Xbone 284 games

No matter how you spin it, PS4 has more games to play this fall than the Xbone does. PS4 has more games to play now than the Xbone does.

I didn't mention it, but the PS4's ($50) PS+ program gave PS4 gamers 14 free PS+ games so far since launch. The Xbone ($60) XBL GwG program gave Xbone gamers 5 free GwG games so far since launch. Both machines released in November 2013. They are almost the same age.

14 PS+ games > 5 GwG games, even though the Xbone was more expensive at launch ($500 at the time) and even though XBLGold is more expensive. Consumers usually notice better deals and I would imagine the better deals for consumers factors into the current sales we've been reading about since November's launch.

No matter how you want to spin it, there is more games available on PS4 over Xbone and that's all I ever said. You are just simply wrong to try and mislead gamers otherwise.

In any event, I don't care. I own both machines, a PC, Wii U, and all the last gen machines so whatever machine gets the games I like, I'll buy them. End of story. I personally think 2014 sucked for games and I own all the machines, but that's anecdotal as well. Your post was a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. You seem to want to argue about QUALITY and TYPE of games instead of simple counting which machine has MORE GAMES. That's all I was EVER talking about. You bumped a week old thread to be told you are wrong.

If you had said the PS4 does have more games, but I feel the Xbone's games are better!!!!! I would have said that was fine. Everyone has their own opinion. Some people think WiI U is better, others think PS4, still others think PS4/Xbone suck and are still playing on their PS360PCs. That's fine, Unfortunately you approached this all wrong with unintelligible garbage post.

I understand taste. I think exclusives are vital. I wish you had approached me more even keeled as I would have been more receptive. All I ever did was correct a misleading poster on which system had more games this fall and I remain correct.

Which machine has more games to play this fall? There is only one answer. The PS4. If the answer was Xbone, I would have said Xbone. The answer is the answer. The stats again: PS4 111 games vs. 59 games on Xbone today.

However, if you wanted to argue about the QUALITY of those games OR What KINDS of games they are. That's fine. That's a different thread maybe. I wouldn't even argue about that because it's as pointless as arguing your opinion vs. another's opinion. We all have different tastes in games. I don't care about that, I only cared about answering the question WHICH MACHINE HAS MORE GAMES THIS FALL. I answered it correctly. Any other answer is misleading.

Changing the subject is misdirection.

#42 Posted by Myron117 (5 posts) -

Personally, i think the heads at MS completely "%^%^ their launch. They were not in touch with their audience, were not listening and were not offering value for since around 2008. They did not innovate or take any chances. They sat on the arses and let the money roll in.

Right now they are seeing the fruits of their labour. "Whats the point of getting an xbox when the exclusives come to PC?" ""Whats the point of getting an xbox when the exclusive is timed?" "Whats the point of getting an xbox when The PS4 will have true exclusives and i'll just pick the multiplat with its DLC down the line?"

These are a lot of the things people are thinking. Now that Phil Spencer is running the show i am hoping to God that they invest in their studios and get new interesting Ip's out the door. Forget the Halos, Gears Forza and Fables and concentrate on everything new for 2 years. When we do receive a Halo announcement, maybe THEN people will be excited for their older exclusives.

#43 Posted by skipper847 (3165 posts) -

I have done what your asking but kept Xbox 1 and pre ordered the PS4 and destiny. you might have seen the topic on here. Like I said around 10 years is a long time and my next up date will be around 2017 when I buy a new PC. I have bought the PS4 (pre ordered) the PS4 sooner then I thought I would but I thought sod it I will buy now as don't buy anything else. Last Gen it was a couple of years between the 360 and when I bought the PS3 and giving my PS3 to my brother. I will say even though 2nd hand its your Christmas and birthday pressy in 1.

#44 Edited by Jumbo120788 (14938 posts) -

I own both and play my Xbox One substantially more...having 34 games for it versus 4 for PS4 could also be a huge factor.

#45 Edited by watchdogsrules (315 posts) -

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, if you do, you've made the WORST decision ever in your whole entire life. but xbox one is a good system though. just not as good to get over an PS4.

#46 Edited by slim70 (333 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@slim70 said:

@SolidTy said:

mesomorphin said:

----

Why do you continue to mislead people by quoting users and insisting on changing the subject? Why didn't you continue to read the thread where I spoke to the user more and found out he was trolling. Is that what you are doing, fanboy trolling? I hope not.

He said above, "because there is literally nothing coming out on ps4 except for little big planet and the driving game". Literally NOTHING? No wonder you selectively didn't quote his crazy post because anyone with a brain knows that the PS4 has more than two games releasing. As I said REPEATEDLY above: "Again, it seems you are confusing exclusives with actual pure game count."

AGAIN: "...actual pure game count". It's simple. No slicing off exclusives, or multiplats, or indies or whatever. Just count the games.

PURE GAME COUNT.

He said, "if you want to ACTUALLY play some games this fall" and gave advice to sell the PS4 machine. It was poor advice based on nonsensical logic. He insinuated the Xbone has games to play this fall and the PS4 does not have games this fall. That's not true. I had a choice. Post and correct him or let his lie remain uncontested. That was a week ago.

I posted above for users like yourself, "It's also easy to research for those that don't own both." It seems you chose not to read or research anything.

All I did was bring my experience in as a bonafide user of both machines. I shined TRUTH down on his poor post. He said 'Some games', not exclusives, just some games. I own all the machines and I happen to know that the PS4 has more GAMES than my Xbone. Anyone can look that up and find it's true. Check it out. Why do you try to mislead people by confusing them on something very simple? Maybe you are just confused and should research before posting?

Which machine has more games to play this fall, hmmm? There is only one answer. I gave the answer but if you don't believe me, look it up.

One machine has more games than the other. It's literally that simple. That was all I was answering.

As far as your opinion about indies, multiplatform games, and F2P and all that stuff. It's subjective. It's anecdotal. It's your opinion on what you play. The fact, and the only thing I came to answer, was that the mesomorphin poster asserted that one machine had games to play and one machine did not. The problem is he had it wrong as he didn't know and decided to make something up. It wasn't accurate and he was corrected.

He Was Wrong. He left knowing that and the case was closed. Now, a whole seven days later, you have revealed you are wrong for some reason. I'm not sure why. I made that post a WEEK AGO and it's old now. Case was closed. I'm surprised to find it bumped today and you finding out PS4 has more games inspired you to quote me. I don't make games for either, I just play them. I doubt you own both machines, so your personal experience wouldn't be the same as mine. In fact, maybe you own neither and this was just a trolling effort? Shame if that was your motive.

Your opinion about what kinds of games you like and what people buy machines is also your opinion, although truth be told you would be wrong if I looked at the sales for both Xbone and PS4. The PS4 is selling like crazy and the Xbone is not doing as well which is not a secret. Again, I don't care about sales, but you brought up why people buy things. Whatever on that. What the sales on PS4 indicate to me is that maybe people do buy consoles for indies, F2P, and multiplats! Choices for gamers to play. I would say people buy machines that have more games to play and the PS4 does have more to play Right now and slated too in the future. That's a fact. Look it up.

No matter how you spin it, PS4 has more games to play this fall than the Xbone does. PS4 has more games to play now than the Xbone does.

I didn't mention it, but the PS4's ($50) PS+ program gave PS4 gamers 14 free PS+ games so far since launch. The Xbone ($60) XBL GwG program gave Xbone gamers 5 free GwG games so far since launch. Both machines released in November 2013. They are almost the same age.

14 PS+ games > 5 GwG games, even though the Xbone was more expensive at launch ($500 at the time) and even though XBLGold is more expensive. Consumers usually notice better deals and I would imagine the better deals for consumers factors into the current sales we've been reading about since November's launch.

No matter how you want to spin it, there is more games available on PS4 over Xbone and that's all I ever said. You are just simply wrong to try and mislead gamers otherwise.

In any event, I don't care. I own both machines, a PC, Wii U, and all the last gen machines so whatever machine gets the games I like, I'll buy them. End of story. I personally think 2014 sucked for games and I own all the machines, but that's anecdotal as well. Your post was a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. You seem to want to argue about QUALITY and TYPE of games instead of simple counting which machine has MORE GAMES. That's all I was EVER talking about. You bumped a week old thread to be told you are wrong.

If you had said the PS4 does have more games, but I feel the Xbone's games are better!!!!! I would have said that was fine. Everyone has their own opinion. Some people think WiI U is better, others think PS4, still others think PS4/Xbone suck and are still playing on their PS360PCs. That's fine, Unfortunately you approached this all wrong with unintelligible garbage post.

I understand taste. I think exclusives are vital. I wish you had approached me more even keeled as I would have been more receptive. All I ever did was correct a misleading poster on which system had more games this fall and I remain correct.

Which machine has more games to play this fall? There is only one answer. The PS4. If the answer was Xbone, I would have said Xbone. The answer is the answer. The stats again: PS4 111 games vs. 59 games on Xbone today.

However, if you wanted to argue about the QUALITY of those games OR What KINDS of games they are. That's fine. That's a different thread maybe. I wouldn't even argue about that because it's as pointless as arguing your opinion vs. another's opinion. We all have different tastes in games. I don't care about that, I only cared about answering the question WHICH MACHINE HAS MORE GAMES THIS FALL. I answered it correctly. Any other answer is misleading.

Hissy fit much? You're just pissed because I called you out for continuing to mislead people. Most of those games are indies and if those games were really worth playing then I guess there wouldn't be so many people disappointed with their PS4 purchases eh? I have seen many posts from honest people in different forums across the internet complaining that there isn't much of anything to play on their PS4's and that they just bought into all the hype. People here in the PlayStation forum say it too. Looks to me like people aren't very happy with Sony's sudden big push for indies in this new generation.

#47 Edited by slim70 (333 posts) -

@skilledwhiteguy said:

Thanks

I would keep the PS4 and just pick up an X1 when it's doable for you that way you won't miss out on anything.

Further more, don't be fooled by fanboys claiming that the differences in multi-plats are a definite game changer because they weren't between the 360 and PS3 and it didn't stop people from buying and enjoying the PS3. Secondly, people who claim that the PS4 has far more games than the X1 they are misleading you because most of those games are indies and they know it too. If you're someone who buys a console specifically for big budget exclusives don't be fooled by these particularly devious trolls.

#48 Edited by SolidTy (42444 posts) -

@slim70 said:

@SolidTy said:

@slim70 said:

@SolidTy said:

----

PURE GAME COUNT.

Hissy fit much? You're just pissed because I called you out for continuing to mislead people. Most of those games are indies and if those games were really worth playing then I guess there wouldn't be so many people disappointed with their PS4 purchases eh? I have seen many posts from honest people in different forums across the internet complaining that there isn't much of anything to play on their PS4's and that they just bought into all the hype. People here in the PlayStation forum say it too. Looks to me like people aren't very happy with Sony's sudden big push for indies in this new generation.

You just got owned by facts and were being misleading when I presented facts to you.

You seem to be going to denial/insanity mode because you got owned so hard by FACTS:

PURE GAME COUNT.

As far as your anecdotal stories on your selective reading? That's not evidence as I presented above with facts. I have read the opposite from a lot of "honest" people as well across different forums on the internet praising their new machines over and over. lol. On top of that I own all the machines unlike you, so I'll trust the facts and my own first hand experiences over whatever it is you want to read about on your free time with your very little first hand experience. You are going to read what you want to read. It's selective and certainly a logical fallacy. LEARN: Confirmation bias, also known as myside bias. That's what you are demonstrating. How old are you? Why would you be posting about your confirmation bias? What's the point of bringing up selected post reading? This is childs-play.

"In psychology and cognitive science, confirmation bias (or confirmatory bias) is a tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions, leading to statistical errors.

Confirmation bias is a type of cognitive bias and represents an error of inductive inference toward confirmation of the hypothesis under study.

Confirmation bias is a phenomenon wherein decision makers have been shown to actively seek out and assign more weight to evidence that confirms their hypothesis, and ignore or underweigh evidence that could disconfirm their hypothesis.

As such, it can be thought of as a form of selection bias in collecting evidence."

Furthermore, you don't know those internet anonymous users or their honesty, lol. I don't either. It's pointless point to bring up selective reading on your part. I have over a dozen RL friends with both Xbone/PS4 and I talk to them weekly. I trust their opinions over yours as well. I trust my RL friends opinions on their PS4/Xbone experiences over internet people that say they love their PS4 as well. I don't know them. RL>Internet trolls (who you believe are honest or whatever). In the end, none of that matters. I was dealing with FACTS and the fact is PURE Game Count above.

All I ever offered was a pure game count as a user lied and said there were less games and that user was wrong.

That's it. You are talking about some other BS that has nothing to do with my correction and facts to that other user. Hissy fit much? Stop misleading. Stop trying to change the dialogue to internet posters you consider honest or indies. Those aren't on the menu. The facts speak for themselves (PURE GAME COUNT) and you weren't even in the conversation to begin with.

#49 Edited by gta50419 (334 posts) -

I did 2 months ago, can't say i regret it....Does WAYYYY more.

Still hate miscrosh1t though

#50 Edited by slim70 (333 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@slim70 said:

@SolidTy said:

@slim70 said:

@SolidTy said:

----

PURE GAME COUNT.

You just got owned by facts and were being misleading when I presented facts to you.

You seem to be going to denial/insanity mode because you got owned so hard by FACTS:

PURE GAME COUNT.

As far as your anecdotal stories on your selective reading? That's not evidence as I presented above with facts. I have read the opposite from a lot of "honest" people as well across different forums on the internet praising their new machines over and over. lol. On top of that I own all the machines unlike you, so I'll trust the facts and my own first hand experiences over whatever it is you want to read about on your free time with your very little first hand experience. You are going to read what you want to read. It's selective and certainly a logical fallacy. LEARN: Confirmation bias, also known as myside bias. That's what you are demonstrating. How old are you? Why would you be posting about your confirmation bias? What's the point of bringing up selected post reading? This is childs-play.

"In psychology and cognitive science, confirmation bias (or confirmatory bias) is a tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions, leading to statistical errors.

Confirmation bias is a type of cognitive bias and represents an error of inductive inference toward confirmation of the hypothesis under study.

Confirmation bias is a phenomenon wherein decision makers have been shown to actively seek out and assign more weight to evidence that confirms their hypothesis, and ignore or underweigh evidence that could disconfirm their hypothesis.

As such, it can be thought of as a form of selection bias in collecting evidence."

Furthermore, you don't know those internet anonymous users or their honesty, lol. I don't either. It's pointless point to bring up selective reading on your part. I have over a dozen RL friends with both Xbone/PS4 and I talk to them weekly. I trust their opinions over yours as well. I trust my RL friends opinions on their PS4/Xbone experiences over internet people that say they love their PS4 as well. I don't know them. RL>Internet trolls (who you believe are honest or whatever). In the end, none of that matters. I was dealing with FACTS and the fact is PURE Game Count above.

All I ever offered was a pure game count as a user lied and said there were less games and that user was wrong.

That's it. You are talking about some other BS that has nothing to do with my correction and facts to that other user. Hissy fit much? Stop misleading. Stop trying to change the dialogue to internet posters you consider honest or indies. Those aren't on the menu. The facts speak for themselves (PURE GAME COUNT) and you weren't even in the conversation to begin with.

You sling petty insults at me and then have the audacity to ask about my age?

I don't care that you own all machines it proves nothing you're still a Sony dick riding troll and you can take your misleading stats and psychology spam and stick it all far up your poop chute! Most of those games are indies PROVE ME WRONG or go crawl back under your rock you egotistical dickhead! It's obvious that you can't prove shit and it's pissing you off. Whaaa! lol!