Should I sell my Xbox One for a PS4?

#1 Posted by MamboXVII (10 posts) -

I want to get a PS4 because all my friends have one and I don't have anyone to play with on Xbox one, I have always wanted to make Youtube videos and I think that i should start now. I don't know whether i should get a Gaming PC and an Elgato or sell my Xbox One to get a PS4 so I would be able to still record my gameplay, sadly i cant buy both as my budget is £500. Thanks

PS: Whatever I dont buy now i can get at Christmas.

#2 Edited by MamboXVII (10 posts) -

Forgot to add that I still want to keep my Xbox one if any of my friends get one later on but I can sell it if neccacery.

#3 Edited by kingcrimson24 (374 posts) -

well , if I were in your place I would keep my xbox and find new friends to play with on Xbox . because I don't want to miss Quantum Break , Halo , Fable legends , Titanfall and Sunset overdrive . and maybe Gears of war , Forza and Crackdown !

if you really want to play with these friends then sell Xbox and get PS4 . but you don't want to miss out all the great games coming to Xbox one ! buy another one later when you have enough money ! or just wait and get a PS4 later .

many of my friends are going for PS4 too . but I'm staying with xbox exclusives . I don't want to watch Quantum Break on youtube and Cry , just because of my friends .

#4 Posted by MamboXVII (10 posts) -

@kingcrimson24: Thanks, I am thinking of buying a PC for christmas and getting a PS4.

#5 Edited by Venom951 (365 posts) -

Its a personal choice I wouldn't considering the gentleman above stated about the exclusives coming out this year . Its a slow start for both in terms of games but I would however just game with new people . You already shelled out the money for X1 .

#6 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

Keep your Xbox One, ask for a PS4 for Christmas then build a Gaming PC with your current budget = Win-win.

#7 Posted by Septimus99 (9 posts) -

If all your friends have a PS4 you will be better off getting one of them, unless you really like the xbox exclusives.

#8 Posted by MamboXVII (10 posts) -
#9 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8812 posts) -

I'll be your friend if you want. Add me - Gamertag- MiniVking

#10 Posted by MamboXVII (10 posts) -
#11 Posted by gajbutler (93 posts) -

E3 will make all clear.

#12 Edited by sukraj (21660 posts) -

pumped up for E3.

#13 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@sukraj said:

pumped up for E3.

Me too, I really believe that Microsoft will have the best presentation at E3 this year. With Phil Spencer focusing on the core gamers this time round, I think we'll see some very nice exclusives announced.

#14 Edited by adders99 (2564 posts) -

@sukraj said:

pumped up for E3.

Me too, I really believe that Microsoft will have the best presentation at E3 this year. With Phil Spencer focusing on the core gamers this time round, I think we'll see some very nice exclusives announced.

Yeah I have a good feeling about Microsoft at E3 this year... I mean they know to stay in competition they need to have the best so I think they will give a hell of a show!

#15 Edited by sukraj (21660 posts) -

@adders99 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@sukraj said:

pumped up for E3.

Yeah I have a good feeling about Microsoft at E3 this year... I mean they know to stay in competition they need to have the best so I think they will give a hell of a show!

Yeah I hope they surprise us with some exclusives.

#16 Posted by SolidTy (41595 posts) -

Do whatever you want man. I have them all and lots of fun can be found.

#17 Edited by ObxChillin (115 posts) -

you should go to system wars for unbiased comments, it really just depends on what games you like

#18 Edited by sonicare (53443 posts) -

Yes, you should sell your Xbox one and get 20% of its value for the resale. What a deal.

#19 Edited by brimmul777 (1061 posts) -

@sonicare said:

Yes, you should sell your Xbox one and get 20% of its value for the resale. What a deal.

Don't fall for this.

#20 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1028 posts) -

I did, very happy. Xbox one was dissapointing

#21 Posted by GH05T-666 (206 posts) -

I have both consoles and I think my PS4 is better in every way

So yes sell it and buy a PS4 or keep it and buy a PS4, what ever you do. Get a PS4

#22 Posted by MarcRecon (5402 posts) -

Keep your Xbox One, ask for a PS4 for Christmas then build a Gaming PC with your current budget = Win-win.

Pretty much!

#23 Edited by cainetao11 (15972 posts) -

If gaming with friends is the most important thing for your gaming then yes. But for me the games are most important and PS doesn't play Halo, Fable or whatever other Xbox exclusives they will be coming out with. That is why I went Xbox first. I will add a PS4, but only after I have the money.

#24 Posted by littlestreakier (2848 posts) -

I'd keep your XB1 for exclusives and get a PS4 to play with friends, if possible. I got a PS4 first this gen luckily my friends were spilt between the two so I have a few friends that I can play with.

I find playing games with people you know in "real life" more entertaining that someone random online.

#25 Posted by DejectedDalek (10 posts) -

Keep your Xbox One.

#26 Posted by brimmul777 (1061 posts) -

If you should trade in your Xbox One for a PS4,then you might as well trade in a gun in for some blanks.You won't have a gun,but you'll have some useless blanks.lol.

#27 Posted by Bishop1310 (904 posts) -

I want to get a PS4 because all my friends have one and I don't have anyone to play with on Xbox one, I have always wanted to make Youtube videos and I think that i should start now. I don't know whether i should get a Gaming PC and an Elgato or sell my Xbox One to get a PS4 so I would be able to still record my gameplay, sadly i cant buy both as my budget is £500. Thanks

PS: Whatever I dont buy now i can get at Christmas.

Personally I made the mistake last gen of selling my consoles and getting the competitor.. You'd be better off saving for the PS4 and buy it.. you lose money when you turn around and sell systems. I just purchased both this gen.

If I had to choose I'd sell my ps4 over selling my X1 though.

#28 Posted by XxAK47xX (4691 posts) -

you know what's funny. When xbox live first launched and through out the original xbox's life time time, People actually used their microphones. There was communication and you could meet people and talk back and forth. I haven't been in a game like those days since 2007. All I walk into is dead rooms with maybe a few people coughing.

#29 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@XxAK47xX said:

you know what's funny. When xbox live first launched and through out the original xbox's life time time, People actually used their microphones. There was communication and you could meet people and talk back and forth. I haven't been in a game like those days since 2007. All I walk into is dead rooms with maybe a few people coughing.

Yeah or people just stick to party chat these days with their group of friends, I don't blame them though. I refuse to use a microphone on Xbox Live, far too much immature assholes roaming around.

#30 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4163 posts) -

@brimmul777:

Spoken like a true fanboy. Perhaps you should take that crap over to System Wars with the rest of the trash.

#31 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1028 posts) -

@mamboxvii: i did that and kinda regret it, I should have just saved up for a ps4 instead of selling my X1, the X1 actually has a good list of games coming out for it.....the ps4 does too. But if none of your friends have an xbox one then just do it. Gaming is 10x more fun when doing it with friends instead of alone or with randoms.

#32 Posted by monson21502 (8053 posts) -

keep ur xbox one and just buy a ps4. you are not gonna get a very good pc for 500 bucks

#33 Posted by XOne_ShotX91 (151 posts) -

I say keep your Xbox and just buy a PS4. I want a PS4 to round out my Microsoft/Sony collection but I wont be able to afford it until I get my taxes back next year, lol.

#34 Edited by EpicBlasterMan (7 posts) -

@brimmul777:

If you should trade in your Xbox One for a PS4,then you might as well trade in a gun in for some blanks.You won't have a gun,but you'll have some useless blanks.lol.

this might just be the stupidest non-system wars post i have ever seen... they made system wars for a reason you know

#35 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@epicblasterman said:

@brimmul777:

@brimmul777 said:

this might just be the stupidest non-system wars post i have ever seen... they made system wars for a reason you know

I must admit I double face-palmed after I read it. System Wars is that-a-way -------------->

#36 Posted by pelvist (4478 posts) -

@BattleSpectre: Good idea i think ill go with that :)

If your current budget is the price of a ps4 then its a bad idea.

#37 Edited by DHMATT90 (39 posts) -

@kingcrimson24 said:

well , if I were in your place I would keep my xbox and find new friends to play with on Xbox . because I don't want to miss Quantum Break , Halo , Fable legends , Titanfall and Sunset overdrive . and maybe Gears of war , Forza and Crackdown !

if you really want to play with these friends then sell Xbox and get PS4 . but you don't want to miss out all the great games coming to Xbox one ! buy another one later when you have enough money ! or just wait and get a PS4 later .

many of my friends are going for PS4 too . but I'm staying with xbox exclusives . I don't want to watch Quantum Break on youtube and Cry , just because of my friends .

wow, it almost sounds like you're a xbox salesman.

Save money, and get both.

Last gen I only had a ps3, and didn't get to play games like HALO, gears etc I'm not doing the same mistake again lol

Humble opinion of mine though, I think the ps4 so far has got an advantage on the X1. SO FAR. ...but really, I can't pick one out of the two.

I don't know where you live OP, but if it's europe, or north america, saving money for another console is not gonna be hard at all.

#38 Posted by Fairmonkey (134 posts) -

I would. PS has VR, PS now, best quality multiplats, and killer exclusives like Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, and littlebigplanet. Plus countless of un announced titles from sonys stellar 1st party studios

#39 Posted by xgraderx (2395 posts) -

I wouldnt get rid of a console,not even to play what my friends are playing.I'd keep it and get a ps4 latter if I want one.