Should I put my 360 in the freezer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Lawnboi (2650 posts) -
My fans are loud (for a few weeks) and I have tried vacuuming the vents and my basement, putting a fan up to my 360 for an hour. Now I am thinking of putting it in a freezer for 10 mins or so to REALLY cool it down.
#2 Posted by Sethran (219 posts) -
This is a bad idea in the making
#3 Posted by Lawnboi (2650 posts) -
k my 360 is CHILLIN' (sorry) in the fridge. Its this or not play SC next week.
#4 Posted by amirsafar (1349 posts) -
Remember to tell us how it went then ;)
#5 Posted by Lawnboi (2650 posts) -
IT WORKED! I put my 360 in my mini fridge for 5-10 mins and its quite as a mouse (on the dashboard), I have not played a game yet.
#6 Posted by shaunchgo (4605 posts) -
Didn't you or someone else make a similar post recently?
#7 Posted by magicalclick (23231 posts) -

Good luck on treating your X360 like this. And make sure you tell the technician that you put it in freezer if your X360 is dead.

#8 Posted by mfp16 (4551 posts) -
condensation on electroincs is a bad business. Say good bye to your 360!
#9 Posted by Chirag6 (666 posts) -
Hey aren't you that some guy that posted this same thing just last week?
#10 Posted by mrt103090 (178 posts) -

Yeah please tell me you at least put it in a trashbag or a large ziplock bag, maybe even wrapped a towel around it or something before you put it in the fridge.

#11 Posted by raylewisnfl52 (7146 posts) -
Didn't you or someone else make a similar post recently?shaunchgo
yeah i remember it it was someone else though and he got a lot of repley now this guy wants to be funny too which he is not.
#12 Posted by terdoo (5306 posts) -
Dude that was a bad idea.
#13 Posted by The_GR8_H (238 posts) -
maybe u should take better care of ur system when it comes to placement...make sure its in a well venitalated area elevated off of the floor (on a table/stand for example)...same for ur battery
#14 Posted by ciaxhieu (19014 posts) -

condensation on electroincs is a bad business. Say good bye to your 360!mfp16

yeah i mean im not very smart but even i know that this is bad

#15 Posted by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -
Nah that's just a dumb idea. Grab an ice pick and give it speed holes. They'll allow the hot air to leave. ;)
#16 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -

[QUOTE="shaunchgo"]Didn't you or someone else make a similar post recently?raylewisnfl52
yeah i remember it it was someone else though and he got a lot of repley now this guy wants to be funny too which he is not.

yup my thoughts exactly

#17 Posted by TrueProphecy22 (1740 posts) -

condensation on electroincs is a bad business. Say good bye to your 360!mfp16

QFE

#18 Posted by SirCokerThe9th (682 posts) -
wow...you do that and then post pics...cause i don't think you will.
#19 Posted by bdhoff (4104 posts) -

Sure! What could go wrong?

#20 Posted by jacob2125 (1003 posts) -
Yeah, and stick a popsicle in it.
#21 Posted by Hitchy9 (2054 posts) -
Haven't heard of condensation, have you?
#22 Posted by Soda-Jack (333 posts) -

My fans are loud (for a few weeks) and I have tried vacuuming the vents and my basement, putting a fan up to my 360 for an hour. Now I am thinking of putting it in a freezer for 10 mins or so to REALLY cool it down.Lawnboi
Yes braintrust you should put your 360 in the freezer to keep it cool. You should also lock your dog in the trunk of your car to keep it from barking. While you're having epiphanies, why not set fire to your lawn, so you won't have to mow. :roll:

#23 Posted by Packt (3380 posts) -
Take it for a bath with you while you're at it. Make sure it's plugged in. Xboxs like lots of bubbles.
#24 Posted by ljohn787 (2 posts) -

on a side note, i think you and i both know how dumb some people could be. for instance, some people still run under trees for cover during lightning storms.

anyway... i have put my xbox 360 in the freezer many times, not for too long. it's basically broken anyway, but when i do that, it starts working again. i don't care if you guys think it's stupid, it's the only thing that keeps it working.

and no, i cannot ship it back to microsoft because i bought it used and it was already registered.

#25 Posted by djrobst (2404 posts) -
yeah of course u put it in the fridge / freezer. either ur dumb or think we all are believing you. why dont u just by some external fans instead
#26 Posted by ALTAIR360 (1408 posts) -

[QUOTE="shaunchgo"]Didn't you or someone else make a similar post recently?raylewisnfl52

i still remember that :lol:

#27 Posted by slim-pagey (360 posts) -
one word- N00b!
#28 Posted by akeelyoutube (94 posts) -
My fans are loud (for a few weeks) and I have tried vacuuming the vents and my basement, putting a fan up to my 360 for an hour. Now I am thinking of putting it in a freezer for 10 mins or so to REALLY cool it down.Lawnboi
Enough with the joke threads.
#29 Posted by cell_dweller (19842 posts) -
Yea, my 360 gets a bit warm. So, to cool it off, I turn it off. No need to deep freeze it.