Should I get an original Xbox or 360 for OG Xbox games?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

I know if I buy the original Xbox then it will play the games without any added glitches/issues, but then I'm limited to wired controllers and a worse D-pad compared to the Xbox 360 with a transforming D-Pad.

Also, I can get an OG Xbox for like $30 with games which is probably cheaper than a slim Xbox 360. I don't want a fat 360 because they are prone to RROD.

So what do you think I should get?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Yeah I've been wondering the same thing lately... I have a real soft spot for the original Xbox. I still have heaps of games for it but my console died last year. I was leaning towards a 360, because then I can re-play some of my favs from last gen too, but some of the original games don't work on 360.

The only problem for me with getting an original console, is how long it's going to last. They're all getting pretty old now :(

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Yeah the only problem would be some original Xbox games don't work on the 360. The original Xbox was a tank, I think it should be fine and hell it's so cheap nowadays.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'd get the original at that price.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 emgesp

@SolidTy said:

I'd get the original at that price.

Yeah, probably makes the most sense.

limination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 limination
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The original is the better option. A lot of the games on the original Xbox (or at least the ones I had) weren't compatible with the 360, and the ones that were, most ran like absolute crap.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I would get an original Xbox, many of the games won't run in a 360. What I would do is get the console and have it cleaned, checked and fixed ( in case of needing a fix ) . Game discs can be polished.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By emgesp

@raugutcon said:

I would get an original Xbox, many of the games won't run in a 360. What I would do is get the console and have it cleaned, checked and fixed ( in case of needing a fix ) . Game discs can be polished.

I'm pretty good and cleaning and fixing retro consoles. I'm guessing I'll have to clean or possibly replace the drive belt.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Get an original Xbox these days you can find them for $30.00 or $40.00 with extra controllers and some games thrown in. Or even $20.00 for just the console and 1 controller. Or you may find an Xbox 360 S console for $100.00 with a few games or extra controller thrown in. Look on craigslist or Kiijji or buy used.com. And there is always Ebay

So you can find good deals on original Xbox or Xbox 360 S slim consoles.