Shall I get the XBOX ONE?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ReeceFletcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ReeceFletcher
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

My first post but simply shall I get the XBOX ONE??????

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

You are capable of making your own decisions...especially with a decision to buy a XBox One or another gaming system. My advise is to do a lot of research and comparisons regarding both platforms and make your decision based off OFFICIAL reviews and information. Do not base it off of personal reviews because a lot of people tend to be biased towards their particular platform...also known as "fanboys/girls" depending on the situation.

In my honest opinion, regarding your original question on if you should buy a XBox One? Until two months ago, I had NEVER owned a XBox. I honestly never had any intentions to. Once I started doing research and comparisons, I realized there are a lot of similarities between the two systems. There are good points, and bad points...like everything. You could always do what I did...just own both systems and you will be entitled to both sides of the console exclusive gaming that others don't get to enjoy because of their particular annoyance or favorite towards a system. It's just my opinion though, like I previously stated.

In conclusion, I am liking the XBox One more than my PS4....

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#3 aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts

BUY A XBOX ONE!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts
@TheDarkWolf86 said:

You are capable of making your own decisions...especially with a decision to buy a XBox One or another gaming system. My advise is to do a lot of research and comparisons regarding both platforms and make your decision based off OFFICIAL reviews and information. Do not base it off of personal reviews because a lot of people tend to be biased towards their particular platform...also known as "fanboys/girls" depending on the situation.

In my honest opinion, regarding your original question on if you should buy a XBox One? Until two months ago, I had NEVER owned a XBox. I honestly never had any intentions to. Once I started doing research and comparisons, I realized there are a lot of similarities between the two systems. There are good points, and bad points...like everything. You could always do what I did...just own both systems and you will be entitled to both sides of the console exclusive gaming that others don't get to enjoy because of their particular annoyance or favorite towards a system. It's just my opinion though, like I previously stated.

Yep this ^^

I also prefer Xbone to PS4... so much so that I got rid of my PS4.

BooNintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BooNintendo
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

itss probably the 2nd best gaming consoles aftre the ouya but whatever you o don't buy wii u!!!!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I own the PS4 and Xbone.

Do some research as there is a lot to cover (games, system power, features, PS+, Xbox Live Gold GWG, etc.).

I use my Xbone for exclusives and my PS4 for exclusives and multiplats. I also have PC, Wii U, and handhelds.

To be honest, last gen systems are still going strong and the new machines are getting A LOT OF last gen ports making this new generation kind of dull for me. I play my PC, PS360 more than my the newer consoles. A lot of the BEST GAMES out you can go buy on PS360 like Destiny, Call of Duty, or Madden.

I do turn on the Xbone to play the released 8 (so far) free GWG games. I also turn on my PS4 to play the released 22 (so far) free PS+ games. Although both machines are about the same age launching in Nov 2013, the amount of free games and quality of free games is not equal.

Both machines are cool in their own right, it really boils down to what you are looking for. I was shown this link the other day which may help out a new buyer like yourself. It has different tabs on the machines as well as reveals the different games released for both machines. ENJOY THE LINK.

Other than that, the exclusives and next gen games aren't worth upgrading to new gen just yet, and that's coming from someone who already owns them. I will Probably I'll feel differently next year as 2015 looks to be a good year for PS4/Xbone and 2014 was a terrible, TERRIBLE gaming year imo.

Good luck.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

of course. If I could I would own the wii u, xbox one, ps4 and a good gaming PC I would!

For now a xbox one and ps4 will have to do.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

This is my 411th post should I wipe my ass after a shit? Oh come on for **** sake! Every damn console that I ever bought was because there were games on that I was interested in playing. Personally I wish Gamespot would ban these topics because I strongly feel that they mostly serve no purpose other than to troll and incite arguments among users here.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

BUY A XBONE ONE

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

How can we answer that, seriously? IF enough games interest you on it than yes.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

You should learn to make up your own mind whether you want a XB1 or not.

tmorri603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tmorri603
Member since 2003 • 407 Posts

You need to do some research as to what system has the games you want if they are out now or in the future. You don't want to get a system and it gathers dust because it does not have games you want to play. You want to get the most fun for your investment.

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts

@boonintendo said:

itss probably the 2nd best gaming consoles aftre the ouya but whatever you o don't buy wii u!!!!

Ouya is trash, I had it for a few months and it quit working the warranty was still good on it so they gave me a new one but I resold it as brand new so at least I got my money back the games on it were terrible.

ryanweinmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By ryanweinmann
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts

It also depends on what controller you like. Me, I love the xbox controller more than the ps controller, that one of the main reason why I got an xbox one.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@TheDarkWolf86 said:

Yep this ^^

people who actually HAD both consoles (me) prefer the xbox one. its just better.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@TheDarkWolf86 said:

Yep this ^^

people who actually HAD both consoles (me) prefer the xbox one. its just better.

I have both, and right now I see myself playing the ps4 much more.

Opinions opinions man...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@dhmatt90 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@TheDarkWolf86 said:

Yep this ^^

I have both, and right now I see myself playing the ps4 much more.

Opinions opinions man...

Yep this ^^

Truth be told, last gen is still rocking at my house.

However, between Xbone and PS4, the PS4 gets more playtime.

Partially due to the 22 PS+ free games which Sony released for PS4.

On my Xbone, they only released 8 free GWG games.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i want a console with ps4 hardware, xbox one controllers and exclusives... :)

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@reecefletcher: do you like halo? Then get it. Do you like playing games like FIFA, call of duty, assassins creed? Don't get it. Get a PS4/xbox. Do you like colorful, platform shooters that have an old school feel to them? Then consider buying one for Sunset Overdrive. Although it may not be worth it to you for just one or two games.