Several months late, but Ryse...

#1 Edited by magicalclick (22389 posts) -

Several months late and I got the Ryse for discounted value. Man, this game is like a movie CGI quality graphics. Everything is so detailed and real. Like there is this solid feel to it. Many games tends to feel flat with overly sharp edges, they just look HD-Def, but lacks that CGI quality. This game truly feel like an interactive CGI quality movie. I don't think I have seen any game that match this. Just wow. Aside from the game being short, it is still a perfect game to demonstrate the graphics capability on XboxOne. If you see this game at a discount price, I still highly recommend to buy it. Just beauuuutiful.

#2 Edited by Solarplex (52 posts) -

Member Since 2002. I will take your word for it haha! Thank You, Haven't heard much about Ryse but I will certainly check it out now.

#3 Edited by BattleSpectre (5953 posts) -

I'm waiting out on Ryse: Son of Rome, the game still costs $90 here in Australia and there's no way I'm paying that kind of money for such a short campaign. Prices don't really drop here in Australia so I'll be waiting for a long time to play this game lol.

Also thank Crytek for the graphical presentation of this game, no matter what platform they're working on they work their magic. They are one of the best if not the best company at creating the best visuals in games by far.

Only thing they need to work on is making an actual fun game with a decent lengthy campaign. Crysis 3 maxed out is beautiful and life-like but the game is boring as shit. Crytek need to improve or they should just stick to making game engines.

I feel like Ryse is more of a tech demo, they made the game just to show what the Xbox One is capable of, in my opinion there's not enough content in the game to justify it's price tag. But hey I'd love to be proved wrong on this one.

#4 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11026 posts) -

I just got it on Gamefly a few days ago and began the campaign last night. Right now Im on the last chapter. The game looks amazing honestly the combat is nice although it can get a bit repetitive. It is also short but I have found it to be very fun and the story is pretty interesting, at least past the fourth chapter. I don't see how the Gamespot reviewer gave it a 4/10. I just don't see it.

#5 Posted by magicalclick (22389 posts) -

@solarplex: Lol yeah, I am very old member and getting older.

@BattleSpectre: Look for second hand price. Although MS should give it a permanent price drop in the online store.

@Kaze_no_Mirai:

That's what I did, high five. Agree. The game can get repetitive and short. But, the game is still very enjoyable and better than other game in the score range. The hype and the SW totally destroyed it.

#6 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

The graphics look amazing so much detail pack into this game, I'm actually playing this game and it deserved more than a 4/10.

#7 Edited by WG_McFartypants (218 posts) -

Meh, it's got all the technical bells and whistles but I can't say I thought much of the art style. More importantly. I don't actually find it fun to play.

#8 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (832 posts) -

Meh, it's got all the technical bells and whistles but I can't say I thought much of the art style. More importantly. I don't actually find it fun to play.

me neither.

Just so fucking boring.

#9 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

@wg_mcfartypants said:

me neither.

Just so fucking boring.

I played the game for 3 hours and I'm getting bored with it.

#10 Posted by BattleSpectre (5953 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@vl4d_l3nin said:

@wg_mcfartypants said:

me neither.

Just so fucking boring.

Didn't you just say you were enjoying the game in your previous post, and it deserved more than a 4/10? Lol you don't have to change your mind just because others have a different opinion...

#11 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@vl4d_l3nin said:

@wg_mcfartypants said:

me neither.

Just so fucking boring.

Didn't you just say you were enjoying the game in your previous post, and it deserved more than a 4/10? Lol you don't have to change your mind just because others have a different opinion...

I played the game the other night for 3 hours and I'm getting a bit tired of it.

#12 Posted by BluFalconUltra (22 posts) -

Several months late and I got the Ryse for discounted value. Man, this game is like a movie CGI quality graphics. Everything is so detailed and real. Like there is this solid feel to it. Many games tends to feel flat with overly sharp edges, they just look HD-Def, but lacks that CGI quality. This game truly feel like an interactive CGI quality movie. I don't think I have seen any game that match this. Just wow. Aside from the game being short, it is still a perfect game to demonstrate the graphics capability on XboxOne. If you see this game at a discount price, I still highly recommend to buy it. Just beauuuutiful.

You must have never played GOW, Uncharted, Heavy Rain or Ratchet & Clank? This game is based off GOW anyway and Uncharted 4 will take it to another level. I found the game to look worst during motion compared to when standing idle and the animations were poorly done.

#13 Edited by cejay0813 (611 posts) -

I think everyone who owns an Xb1 should experience Ryse. Story is pretty basic, but the graphics are good to behold. Is it worth the original $59.99 USD... Nope but knock off 10-20 and you're looking at a decent bang for your buck. Remember, games will only improve as time goes on.

#14 Edited by rgsniper1 (9341 posts) -

I bought it on launch day and solved it like 4 days later. I honestly had fun all the way through. If I were to rate it I guess i'd say it's a 7.8 or so.

#15 Posted by Behardy24 (2709 posts) -

I will admit, the graphics are real pretty in that game.