Semi-vet to Oblivion - needing help...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jayjay7117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 jayjay7117
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts

Ok, this is pathetic but...

I need help.  I put Oblivion down for about 6 months (my wife and I had a baby) and I didn't play for a long time.  When it was time to pick back Xbox, I played some straight forward games like Gears of War, etc. Games that pull you through on a leash.

I finally decided I would get back into Oblivion but hooked into Xbox Live and downloaded updates.

I reluctantly decided I would start over with a new character from the beginning of the game.  I had a pretty developed character (completed Dark Brotherhood, Grand Champion, completed Thief's guild, etc).

The game feels different.  I remember following the emperor the entire beginning of the game and then deciding who/what I wanted to be.

Now I started over and it seems like I'm creating a character much sooner and going on a dungeon crawl.  Did the updates affect the game and change the beginning?

Eggsandwich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Eggsandwich06
Member since 2006 • 535 Posts
yeah the beginning part is a bit tedious, not sure if it is any different from  the original, but i always wished you couldve just gotten out of there from the getgo, i never liked the beginning
jayjay7117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 jayjay7117
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts
Bump
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
The beginning is always like that. As soon as you exit the sewers, you can do whatever you want.