Seems that coop games are in now.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Truvietplaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Truvietplaya
Member since 2003 • 659 Posts

Dead Rising 2 I heard was going to have co op and so is Fear 3. That sounds pretty awesome. It's good now that developers are doing this but I hope it doesn't ruin the whole single player experience if you don't have another to play with ya. I'm all in for coop playing though. I can have a bud over playing split screen.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

I think alot of games should give a co-op option, and no not just for online im saying both online and split screen couch co-op.

Couch co-op>>>>online co-op.

HawkEye1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 HawkEye1997
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
Co-op is beast. Almost every shoooter should have it
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I think alot of games should give a co-op option, and no not just for online im saying both online and split screen couch co-op.

Melpoe

I think the exact opposite direction

Split screen needs to be killed so devs can do more with games. By making a dev add split screen they have to downgrade the entire game so that it's able to be run twice on one machine.

If devs could just concentrate on online multiplayer they'd be able to push games much farther

tachikoma679

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tachikoma679
Member since 2010 • 81 Posts

[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

Jaysonguy

Split screen needs to be killed so devs can do more with games. By making a dev add split screen they have to downgrade the entire game so that it's able to be run twice on one machine.

If devs could just concentrate on online multiplayer they'd be able to push games much farther

cant disagree more i absolutely love couch co-op. ive passed up tons of FPS cause me and friend are in store browsing see an interesting looking FPS but look and see its multiplayer online only and put it back especially when couch co-op im not even asking for any extra work really both characters can play the same for all i care. just want to be able to sit there with friends and play with multiple people. dont always want to play the 12 year old online who plays 15 hours a day and rapes me.
SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#6 SSBMFighter
Member since 2005 • 3797 Posts

Couch co-op > Online.
Online cost. Couch doesn't...except for the couch...but you don't have one of thoughs...you probably shouldn't be on the computer.

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I have always enjoyed co op...splitscreen or online.

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#9 Wrecked69
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

Jaysonguy

For people who like to play games with real friends, this would blow.
SoF-Rambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SoF-Rambo
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts

I enjoy destroying friends that visit me in Rainbow Six, and Call of Duty. I want it to stay that way. No Co-op, no $ from me. Sorry.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

tachikoma679

cant disagree more i absolutely love couch co-op. ive passed up tons of FPS cause me and friend are in store browsing see an interesting looking FPS but look and see its multiplayer online only and put it back especially when couch co-op im not even asking for any extra work really both characters can play the same for all i care. just want to be able to sit there with friends and play with multiple people. dont always want to play the 12 year old online who plays 15 hours a day and rapes me.

i agree. online gaming interaction will never beat playing with friends or girl freind in same room

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I love co-op but I think they could implement it better so that it doesn't 'invade' single player (AI character posing as the second player): take Gears of War or Halo 3 for instance, it's so annoying having a stupid AI teammate following you all the time when you're playing alone, all they do is get in the way or reveal your position when you're trying to be sneaky.
i-like-pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 i-like-pie
Member since 2005 • 4070 Posts
Meh I prefer LAN co op.
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

Ive always been a fan of coop.Glad to see alot more games supporting it and these 4 player games are really an excellent decision by the devs.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

Wrecked69

I don't want 50% of a game just so people can play the same game on my TV, if someone plays that much just get another TV.

It's like couples that both game, unless you each have a TV and play online you're just wasting everyone's time

Supaman222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Supaman222
Member since 2009 • 257 Posts

Couch co-op>>>>>>>online co-op.

Melpoe

Yes. I added a few more for effect :P

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

Jaysonguy

No way...i'd take a downgrade in graphics in order to play split-screen any day. I have a lot more fun playing next to someone than over the internet.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 a55a55inx

[QUOTE="Wrecked69"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

I don't want 50% of a game just so people can play the same game on my TV, if someone plays that much just get another TV.

It's like couples that both game, unless you each have a TV and play online you're just wasting everyone's time

Just get another TV? I wish it were that simple...of course you have more to do; you need to purchase another xbox, another copy of the game, a router (if you don't have one), run a wire through the house (or purchase a wireless adapter), then figure out where to place all of this new hardware...etc... That's too much time and money to go through just for 2 people to play.
Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts

Melpoe
I couldn't agree more. You said it all. I always look for games to play co-op with my brother. Splitcreen whatever.
Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wrecked69

Jaysonguy

Is this a joke post? Just get another TV. More like just get another TV, another Xbox, another copy of the game. No thanks. How many people do you know that have side by side TVs?
XXGamerfanXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XXGamerfanXX
Member since 2009 • 1066 Posts
I want every single thing in CO-OP. Don't take out Offline CO-OP just because you don't have no friends in real life (no offense dude), which lots of my friends, and family members loves CO-OP games. Don't remove anything when it comes to CO-OP games. Just have both Online, and offline CO-OP. I love it to death.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

a55a55inx

No way...i'd take a downgrade in graphics in order to play split-screen any day. I have a lot more fun playing next to someone than over the internet.

It's not just graphics, it's also things like AI

Having a watered down game that's nowhere near where it could be is not worth it to play split screen.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Yeah a lot of developers have turned to co-op perhaps because competitive multiplayer has been done to death over the last 4 years. People care more about it NOT being in a game now than they care about it being in a game. Its been so overdone, that it has lost value as a bullet point on the back of the box, so co-op seems to be next in line. Just like with competitive mp, I don't have an issue with it as long as its not being forced in for the sake of the bullet point and is actually a natural fit.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 a55a55inx

[QUOTE="a55a55inx"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

It's not just graphics, it's also things like AI

Having a watered down game that's nowhere near where it could be is not worth it to play split screen.

Yeah, it's cool and interesting to have excellent graphics, extremely intelligent A.I., revolutionary physics, etc... but these things never keep me playing after a while. It's really about how much fun I'm having with the game. I played Halo C.E. for years...not because of the great graphics or fancy new A.I., it was because it had great split-screen co-op and multiplayer. I also wouldn't have played Left 4 Dead as much if it wasn't for the split-screen. I have never experienced the amount of fun you can have playing split screen multiplayer with a bunch of friends over your house with a game you have to play by yourself.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts

[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

Jaysonguy

Agreed. Couch co-op days are over. I'd rather have an amazing online with a game that isn't downgraded.. than couch co-op. If I wanted to play with a friend or family member, I'll just hook up with them online and I dont have to share the friggin screen. The last time I played anything split-screen were during the Goldeneye 64 days.. I was like 13 years old or something. I'm over it.
Supaman222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Supaman222
Member since 2009 • 257 Posts

Yeah, it's cool and interesting to have excellent graphics, extremely intelligent A.I., revolutionary physics, etc... but these things never keep me playing after a while. It's really about how much fun I'm having with the game. I played Halo C.E. for years...not because of the great graphics or fancy new A.I., it was because it had great split-screen co-op and multiplayer. I also wouldn't have played Left 4 Dead as much if it wasn't for the split-screen. I have never experienced the amount of fun you can have playing split screen multiplayer with a bunch of friends over your house with a game you have to play by yourself.a55a55inx

jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

Wrecked69

How? Tell your friend to stop being lazy and buy live for the xbox we all know he has. I will NEVER play split screen when given the option for xbox live co-op. It's my screen.

carlandcarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#31 carlandcarl
Member since 2004 • 1251 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

tachikoma679

Seeing as how I cant get live I love couch co-op and am sad to see there arent more games with it, I always enjoy inviting friends over for some crazy co-op action

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wrecked69

jad206

How? Tell your friend to stop being lazy and buy live for the xbox we all know he has. I will NEVER play split screen when given the option for xbox live co-op. It's my screen.

How? Because I wouldn't get to see him if we were playing over XBL together.... Are you trying to imply that you have never played video games when you go over to your friends house? I almost always play some split screen either at my house or theirs when we are hanging out together for a bit before we go out to do whatever.

You guys have got to just be bored trolls. Lol.