Seagate 5TB Expansion External Desktop Hard Drive, For X1?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43932 Posts

If anybody knows for certain if this HDD will work for my X1 I'd appreciate the feedback. It's on sale but don't know for how long.

Thanks in advance....

Seagate 5TB Expansion External Desktop Hard Drive, USB 3.0/2.0 Interface

Description

The Seagate 5TB Expansion External Desktop Hard Drive gives you plenty of room to store, secure and share your data. You'll have plenty of opportunity and few excuses to finally organize those pictures, movies, music, documents and other assorted data that you've been putting off for months. With this much storage space, you could make copies of all that data and store it separately for extra security.
The Expansion External Desktop line uses USB 3.0 as its transfer channel, giving you a robust 4.8Gbps transfer rate (your data transfer rate may vary due to processor speed, storage transfer medium and other factors). It can store more, do more and breathe easier with this kind of storage power behind you. In this crowded world, everyone needs some extra room. Give your data the space it deserves with the Seagate 5TB Expansion External Desktop USB 3.0 Hard Drive.
Simple Setup is simple and straightforward; the Expansion external hard drive installs easily by plugging in two cords. You can start saving your digital files to this hard drive within seconds of removing it from the box. Plus, it is automatically recognized by the Windows operating system, so there is no software to install and nothing to configure. Saving files is easy - simply drag-and-drop.
Speedy Take advantage of the fast data transfer speeds with the USB 3.0 interface by connecting to a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port. USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 for additional system compatibility.
Store More The Seagate Expansion portable drive is compact and perfect for on-the-go storage. Instantly add more storage space to your computer and take large files with you when you travel.

Specifications

Capacity5 TB
InterfaceUSB 3.0/2.0
Sustained Data Transfer RateUSB 3.0: 4.8Gbps
System RequirementsWindows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port (required for USB 3.0 transfer speeds or backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports at USB 2.0 transfer speeds)
MountingDesktop, Horizontal
Power RequirementsAC: 120VAC
Dimensions (W x H x D)7.07 x 4.65 x 1.48" (179.57 x 118.11 x 37.59mm)
Weight2.06lbs (0.93kg)
Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I don't know but I am certain I read 2 days ago on IGN they were talking about a sale of a Seagate 5TB external and said it was compatible with the XOne, so I recommend you google that with IGN see if you can locate that article, it might be the same one....good luck

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12054 Posts

http://majornelson.com/2014/05/21/external-storage-real-names-and-more-coming-with-xbox-one-system-update-in-june/

As long as its a 3.0 you should be OK.