ScreamRide is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Iownu4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Iownu4ever
Member since 2015 • 39 Posts

Totally awesome game. It's honestly a joy to play and it's freaking so hilariously funny sometimes. This is a great game. It's the definition of what gaming should be about PURE FUN.

Spursnfeathers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Spursnfeathers
Member since 2015 • 34 Posts

Read it was going to be $40 at release. I was hoping for $15-$20.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Cool stuff, downloaded the demo yesterday but no chance to play it yet, will get to it shortly....looks like a fun game to play in between sessions of more serious titles....very unique title.

Edit: played it for a bit, love it.....demolition mode reminds me of an old N64 game called Blast Corps......I also laughed a lot

pathofneo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By pathofneo99
Member since 2012 • 125 Posts

Is this game coming to PC by chance? It looks like a mouse/keyboard friendly game.

gme1234555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gme1234555
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

can't wait to try the demo soon enough

Avatar image for CapnXtraObvious
CapnXtraObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 CapnXtraObvious
Member since 2012 • 506 Posts

Tried the demo and it was actually quite boring.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

I'd put $20 as a good price point. It seems like a Minecraft type game.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44144 Posts

DL'ed the demo but have yet to give it a whirl, good to hear, sounds like a bit of fun.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alucard_Prime

Got it yesterday and that's what I'm playing right now, I'm loving it......especially demolition mode.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Gamespot's review (by Kevin) sounds pretty good. I am hearing a lot of good things about this, I may give the demo a try and if I like it then I may end up getting it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

I don't doubt it's fun, looks fun, hear that it's fun, YouTube videos I've seen the people playing are having a blast. Still, the game looks like what I'd expect from a $15, $20 tops, XBLA game, one of those smaller digital only releases. I mean, I'm being superficial, and sure being fun is what most games attempt to be, I'm just hung up on the price. This just doesn't look like a game that's worth $40.

I'd like someone to tell me how it's worth $40. I'm not saying that rhetorically, I'd really like someone to explain to me how it's worth $40 because I concede I might be being too superficial about whether they think it's worth it based on appearances, because I still feel this very much looks like what's supposed to be a cheaper downloadable experience. I understand people are having fun, and that's what's important. But I just keep thinking, what if fun downloadable games like FEZ or Limbo or WHATEVER, those awesome downloadable titles we've paid $5, $10, $15, maybe $20 for over the years, what if instead they were $40, now obviously you should probably rate a game on its merits and not it's price... but seriously, $40, at some point that has to be discussed, I've no doubt Screamride is a fun game that I should definitely play, hell I definitely want to play it, but I have to ask, is $40 worth it, and if so, how?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

This dev makes a lot of rollercoaster games and kinect games over the decade.

Combining the two (Kinect and Rollercoasters) made sense since they have so much experience with both.

The 7/10 is typical for Frontier, they make games in the 6-7/10 range. In another thread I predicted this score of 7/10 and it looks about what I expected from the dev.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Alucard_Prime

@lamprey263: Value is in the eye of the beholder, go to another forum and you'll find people saying how a 5 hour long game is worth their 60$. If your initial impressions of screamride is that it carries a hefty price tag of 40$, then just go with your gut and wait for the eventual sale. I'm noticing this pattern of expensive games at launch, which gives them more freedom to do big sales later.

Myself I don't feel shortchanged with the 40$, I've already put in about 3 hours into the game and there's a lot of incentives to replay the levels and get higher scores and climb the leaderboards. There is also apparently a level editor and people can upload their creations, something which I have yet to try. I can easily see myself putting in more than 20 hours into this eventually, but more importantly I'm having a blast with it, so I'm happy with my purchase. I feel the game has more 'meat' than those you mentioned, but those are just my initial impressions, which could change over time. Ultimately I decided to get it on day 1 because I've never played a game like this before, and was looking forward to it. There is really no rush for you to get it now, waiting for a sale is not a bad idea and by then the leaderboards will have more people.