Saint Row series VS GTA series

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MorrisTown2102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MorrisTown2102
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I have wanted Gta 5 for a bit now, my parents say no.(And I respect that, for all you, "Respect your parents decisions." that's not the point here) I play tons of shooting games, and all sorts of M games. I was able to snag Saints Row 3 for the free game of the month with gold. I have tons of fun on it, and it seems just like GTA. I talked to my parents, showed them the game, and they said, "This game seems fine, but you're still not getting GTA." I just went along with it. But when I told my friends who have GTA, they got very, very surprised. They said Saints Row 3 is way worse than any other GTA. So now I am confused, what's worse,(in content and all of that). GTA(any one) or Saints Row(any one)Please Help.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

In all honestly I never understood the rigorous censorship for games like GTA. If this was for things with strong horror themes like Evil Within, and movies like Saw, sinister or anything which could potentially do real harm to minors then fair enough. I would only following the ratings system for strong horror content, I cannot see the possibility let alone the probability of games like GTA causing any damage to minors.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I don't know what to tell you, I guess you could show them some gameplay via YouTube on GTA V and let them make up their own minds. I mean if they find Saints Row acceptable I don't see why they wouldn't allow you to play GTA.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

In fairness, I can kind of see the issue. Saints Row is a crazy extreme world where actions are just silly. With GTA it is a parody, but it still bases on realistic events. Things like how people are treated in that game in terms of how certain characters treat none playable characters, or the use of prostitution in that game is very different to what Saints Row offers.

As others have said, maybe show them footage but I would say on the side of caution, is it worth showing them and then them deciding maybe Saints Row is not a good idea either? Perhaps ask why your parents are not allowing you to play GTA in terms of are they looking out for you and perhaps waiting a bit longer is not a huge problem? I know it can be hard when your friends play it, but you can talk about other games and if they are using GTA as a way to mock you, then maybe look for better friends?

I don't want to criticise as I know what it can be like, I tended to not play super violent games myself when I was younger and games like Manhunt are not my cup of tea to this day, but that is a personal choice. My friends loved Postal but never threw it in my face that I did not play it. So all I am saying is, if you want to risk not being able to play Saints Row, show them GTA (as some concepts are similar and it may put your parents off allowing you to play Saints Row) but at the same time, it is not that big of a deal if you have to wait a bit longer for GTA. It is not that earth shattering anymore like when GTA 3 came out and changed expectations of games, GTAV is pretty much a similar game bar a few concept changes and new ideas. A lot of other games follow with the ideas it set out such as Just Cause, perhaps you could look at alternative games to play that your parents would be fine with you playing (like Just Cause, Saints Row, and so on)?

Anyway good luck and let us know if there is any feedback we can help with or whatever.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#4 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I find Saints Row 3 way more over the top, being more crude yet cartoony, if I had to make a call about why your parents don't want you to play GTA V is because of it's bad reputation, Saints Row 3 actually has more dense and sexual references, not counting the violence which is the base of it's gameplay