RROD Xboxs on sale on ebay

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deadbeat2381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deadbeat2381
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

I have noticed that there are several xbox 360's for sale on ebay that are broken with the RROD. I was wondering if someone bought these could they call microsoft and have them fix them for free. Would they be under warranty? I was wondering bc they are only selling for 30 bucks

g5velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 g5velocity
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts
I can only assume these are past the warranty period. Buy it and mod it to your liking if you have the skill.
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

The majority of these bricked consoles are broken due to poor modification skills on the user's behalf.

Why would they sell a broken 360 for $30, if they could send it to Microsoft and get a refurb for free.

THINK!!!!

deadbeat2381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deadbeat2381
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts
well i was just wondering if they were idiots and did not know they could call microsoft. I know of some people that got their 360's on launch and had it break after 18 months. they called microsoft and at that time the warranty was only for 1 year so they were out of luck. Once microsoft extended their warranty they had no idea, until i told them. This actually happened to someone i know 2 months ago. They were with a broken 360 for about a year
roan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 roan23
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts

well i was just wondering if they were idiots and did not know they could call microsoft. I know of some people that got their 360's on launch and had it break after 18 months. they called microsoft and at that time the warranty was only for 1 year so they were out of luck. Once microsoft extended their warranty they had no idea, until i told them. This actually happened to someone i know 2 months ago. They were with a broken 360 for about a yeardeadbeat2381

i have a friend that didn't know M$ will repair his 360 for free. i was gonna ask him, if i can have it for free or pay him 20 bucks. but because he my BF, so i told him the truth. but at ebay, sometimes they said the system broke cause RROD, and they didn't mod it, cause it from a store. Like from wal-mart or target.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

cause it from a store. Like from wal-mart or target.roan23

Wal-Mart will return ANYTHING, trust me. It's most likely that they went and bought a new 360 and just decided to sell their old one. I don't know why you wouldn't just send it in for repair, even if you bought a new one. Then you'd have two. :)

xTEFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xTEFFx
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Actually, they're not a bunch of idiots. The reason that people are actually bidding on those XBOX consoles is because they probably figured out how to fix the RROD problem that has been occurring oh too often. We have two XBOX 360 consoles and recently, we had one break. We sent it in to get it repaired but it came back with "TAMPERED" written on the side. Of course, we were confused because we've never opened our XBOX. I mean, what kind of idiot opens it, especially with our track record of them breaking, knowing it voids the warranty? So, we hoped onto YouTube to find a way to fix the RROD problem. Suddenly, I'm pretty much being attacked in my sleep - my boyfriend fixed my XBOX himself that had the RROD problem. That's why you can find people everywhere looking for them. The towel thing doesn't work, it just destroys your XBOX more. The whole running it for an hour and pushing on the sides, is only a temporary fix. You've got to open it up and it takes about an hour or so to fix it. People are doing it because 1. it's a cheap XBOX for them and 2. they fix them and resell them. Not as expensive as a brand new one, but they sell them for a decent price that still earns them a profit depending on how much they're paying for the XBOX on eBay. I've got to say, I'm glad people figured it out, because it is ridiculous how too often these consoles break. In two and a half years we've had the RROD about six times. If that one XBOX would have come back fixed, it would have been our seventh in two and a half years. We had a friend who had it for six months and got it. My brother has had his for just over a year and his has had it two or three times. Our other friends have had problems with the hard drive, power cords, the disk drive not opening, and even not reading disks. If it wasn't for Halo 3, I would have moved on by now.
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
Its worth a try.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Actually, they're not a bunch of idiots. The reason that people are actually bidding on those XBOX consoles is because they probably figured out how to fix the RROD problem that has been occurring oh too often. We have two XBOX 360 consoles and recently, we had one break. We sent it in to get it repaired but it came back with "TAMPERED" written on the side. Of course, we were confused because we've never opened our XBOX. I mean, what kind of idiot opens it, especially with our track record of them breaking, knowing it voids the warranty? So, we hoped onto YouTube to find a way to fix the RROD problem. Suddenly, I'm pretty much being attacked in my sleep - my boyfriend fixed my XBOX himself that had the RROD problem. That's why you can find people everywhere looking for them. The towel thing doesn't work, it just destroys your XBOX more. The whole running it for an hour and pushing on the sides, is only a temporary fix. You've got to open it up and it takes about an hour or so to fix it. People are doing it because 1. it's a cheap XBOX for them and 2. they fix them and resell them. Not as expensive as a brand new one, but they sell them for a decent price that still earns them a profit depending on how much they're paying for the XBOX on eBay. I've got to say, I'm glad people figured it out, because it is ridiculous how too often these consoles break. In two and a half years we've had the RROD about six times. If that one XBOX would have come back fixed, it would have been our seventh in two and a half years. We had a friend who had it for six months and got it. My brother has had his for just over a year and his has had it two or three times. Our other friends have had problems with the hard drive, power cords, the disk drive not opening, and even not reading disks. If it wasn't for Halo 3, I would have moved on by now.xTEFFx

Yeah, systems this generation have taken a huge loss, except for the Wii. The PS3 lost a ton of money as well, and they're only profiting off of the PS2. The Xbox 360 is no where near making up for the billions they lost and they're not going to be able to this generation. They'll have to come up with a better Xbox for the next generation console.

the_kidisblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 the_kidisblack
Member since 2008 • 1184 Posts

The majority of these bricked consoles are broken due to poor modification skills on the user's behalf.

Why would they sell a broken 360 for $30, if they could send it to Microsoft and get a refurb for free.

THINK!!!!

ParadiseAwaits

Good point.

moshakirby18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 moshakirby18
Member since 2006 • 1665 Posts
[QUOTE="ParadiseAwaits"]

THINK!!!!

the_kidisblack

Good point.

Poor modification skills? What's to modify?
xTEFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xTEFFx
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Yeah, systems this generation have taken a huge loss, except for the Wii. The PS3 lost a ton of money as well, and they're only profiting off of the PS2. The Xbox 360 is no where near making up for the billions they lost and they're not going to be able to this generation. They'll have to come up with a better Xbox for the next generation console.

Elann2008

I've got to say that you are right. Wii has made an incredibe profit. I was able to buy it no problem when it first came out, and have had no issues with it. But now, you try and buy it, and you cannot find it anywhere near where I live. They sell very quick, and are a very unique console. I love it. As for the PS3, I hear it's a piece of garbage. I was watching Electronic Playground and the guys from Sony were saying that they were going to start working more with the PS2 because they are getting so many more sales with it - which is kind of sad in a way. But you are definitely right, Microsoft won't be able to bounce back from all the money they have lost, mind you, I don't think that Bill Gates would care too much. I hope that they can come out with a new console that won't break every six months soon. *fingers crossed* Because this is ridiculous. But I fix RROD XBOX consoles anyway, about to be customizing them too.

Poor modification skills? What's to modify?
moshakirby18

Depends on what one means by "modification". Because some people just modify the guts, other people modify the entire cosmetic piece to it - the box itself. Like I know one person, who took the guts out of the XBOX, put them into a tower and has extra fans and stuff to prevent it from heating up. Other cosmetic modifications I've seen are people put lights inside. One of my friends did it, stupid kid opened it with warranty still on it. He better pray it doesn't break. Some people make it so that your XBOX is reverse compatible with regular XBOX games, but unfortunately for them that's already the case I believe. Some people make it so that you can played burned games. It all depends on what you are looking for when you think "modification". Because the XBOX consoles that we fix run out of warranty we're going to start fixing them and customizing the cosmetic part to them - the box and that? But the thing with the guts, even with cosmetic is that if you don't know what you're doing - you can screw up bad. Hense "poor modification skills". =]