Resident Evil 4 HD Worth the money?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by lypotex (11 posts) -
I was looking at this game and i started to develop an interest in it and i was just wondering based on all your guys' opinions if it is worth the 20$?
#2 Posted by TheManofTin (333 posts) -

Well, if you own a Wii/Gamecube or PS2, I would recommend just tracking down a copy of RE4 for those systems since it is much cheaper than 20 dollars now. Hell, I would buy a PS2 and then buy RE4 for PS2. All that costs around only 60 dollars, plus you get an awesome console with a plethora of cheap and great games, but I'm rambling on. Resident Evil 4 is hailed as one of the greatest games of all time so I think it's worth getting.

#3 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

Not one of the best games of all times for me, but an amazing, superb game.

As the guy above me said, I would get it for a PS2/GC, it will cost you pretty much the same but you'll be getting a new console :)

#4 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -

Only if you haven't played the original version or want to play it again, as so many people do.

#5 Posted by almasdeathchild (9517 posts) -

as much as i dislike it yea it will entertain you and take up your time to do mercs and ada's stuff to unlock things

#6 Posted by Rob1447 (31 posts) -
I was wondering the same thing. Does the HD really make a difference? I played the original game on the PS2 which I absolutely loved.
#7 Posted by 19elderscroll86 (757 posts) -

Yes is absolutely it worth it. You get ont of the best games of all time in hd with all the content that was on the ps2, and achievements.

#8 Posted by Djmaster214 (3236 posts) -
I was wondering the same thing. Does the HD really make a difference? I played the original game on the PS2 which I absolutely loved. Rob1447
I too am wondering this, I'v heard its just upscaled and doesnt look as nice. And considering i can get the wii version on amazon for 9 dollars im really split
#9 Posted by CondorCalabasas (654 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rob1447"]I was wondering the same thing. Does the HD really make a difference? I played the original game on the PS2 which I absolutely loved. Djmaster214
I too am wondering this, I'v heard its just upscaled and doesnt look as nice. And considering i can get the wii version on amazon for 9 dollars im really split

The only thing HD about it is the resolution. They didn't up res the textures. Though it still looks good, I prefer it over the older versions personally.
#10 Posted by kungfool69 (2577 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rob1447"]I was wondering the same thing. Does the HD really make a difference? I played the original game on the PS2 which I absolutely loved. Djmaster214

if u want a proper HD version, get the PC version, an xbox controller, and patch the hell out of the game. then go and find the cinema mods for it. LOOKS AMAZING!

#11 Posted by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

Yes, it is worth it but all of the older versions of the game are just as good

#12 Posted by Rob1447 (31 posts) -
I think I'll stick to the original version.
#13 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8830 posts) -

Well, if you own a Wii/Gamecube or PS2, I would recommend just tracking down a copy of RE4 for those systems since it is much cheaper than 20 dollars now. Hell, I would buy a PS2 and then buy RE4 for PS2. All that costs around only 60 dollars, plus you get an awesome console with a plethora of cheap and great games, but I'm rambling on. Resident Evil 4 is hailed as one of the greatest games of all time so I think it's worth getting.

TheManofTin
Maybe he wants the achievements and not have to have it on a separate system?
#14 Posted by Bardock47 (5295 posts) -

I'm really liking it. The main campagin is cleaned up. But al the extras are the same as they were, so they got a little lazy. I found it to be worth it. I put in I think about 25 hr into the first playthrough, now I going tfor the hardest mode, so you defiantly get your moneys worth.

#15 Posted by daniel79 (236 posts) -

I played the original game on the PS2 which I absolutely loved. Rob1447

Oh, in that case, you'd hate this one. It's unbelievable how much they changed in the game. I downloaded this, give it a go and I couldnt believe how much it was like Resident Evil 4. I was gobsmacked!

..Hang on, what was the question again?

#16 Posted by fatooosh (707 posts) -
Resident Evil 6 Archives 90 dollar Product Features Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil Degeneration (DVD feature film) Resident Evil 4 HD Resident Evil CODE Veronica X HD Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
#17 Posted by Rob1447 (31 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rob1447"]I played the original game on the PS2 which I absolutely loved. daniel79

Oh, in that case, you'd hate this one. It's unbelievable how much they changed in the game. I downloaded this, give it a go and I couldnt believe how much it was like Resident Evil 4. I was gobsmacked!

..Hang on, what was the question again?

Okey, I'm convinced :lol:
#18 Posted by ydnarrewop (2137 posts) -

Get it. End of story lol :)

Happy July 4th!!!

american flagkate-upton-cover.jpg