Regular 3.5 headphone w.\ X1 Controller?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there was any way to (reasonably cheaply) get regular 3.5 headphones to work through on the Xbox One controller? I've taken a look at the official adapter but its close to the cost of the controller itself in some markets. Which is pretty crazy. At the moment I'm hooking them to the TV with a long extension cable. It works well enough but I'd rather have one less cable running from between me and the TV.

I'm not one for gaming headsets (cans in general TBH) and I happen to have a good pair of headphones already so I'm wondering if there's any good, reputable pass-through devices or converters to use 3.5 headphones directly with the Xbox One controller.

Does anyone have experience with this?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I only know of the official Xbone 3.5 adapter (XbOne Stereo Headset Adapter - linky) which they sell for Xbone which you mentioned in your OP. So, you are aware of that product.

I can tell you another user here had a similar issue in another thread just a week or so ago. He was also deciding on if he should buy the Xbone 3.5 adapter or continue using his PS4 controller for multiplats which apparently the DS4 has the 3.5 headset adapter built in.

Maybe he will post what he did. Myself, I am in a situation where I use large 7.1 Def Tech tower speakers, but I am curious what information turns up. Good luck!

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

Some markets? How many markets do you live in? Yes, you have to buy the adapter that also gives you all the volume and chat buttons.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

The headset adapter is your only choice if you want to plug headphones into your controller and use them. It would of been nice if the XB1 controller had it inbuilt like the PS4 but oh well.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

If i buy this adapter, can I use my Apple Headset to chat? Or can I only hear the sound?