Rampage(2012 game): My idea for a revival of the 80's arcade game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheSuperMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheSuperMario1
Member since 2011 • 77 Posts
I have an idea to bring the Rampage game series to the next generation. Here it is. Rampage is a 2011 reboot to the hit video game series. It is for Xbox 360, and PS3. It is a more realistic, serious and less comical approach on the Rampage series. PLOT The game begins with 3 people named George, Lizzie and Ralph, who are working at Scumlabs, a company specializing in radiation. Then a power failure causes the radiation tanks to explode, causing them to get exposed to radiation. They survive, but all 3 soon turn into monsters, George a gorilla, Lizzie a dinosaur, and Ralph a Wolfman. Using their newfound strength and power, they decide to take down Scum-labs, who is responsible for their mutation, causing as much destruction and mayhem as possible. Gameplay Rampage is rendered in 3-D and for the first time, has huge open-world cities and enviroments. Like the Grand Theft Auto series, the game is open-ended. As with previous games in the series, destroying the city earns you points. But this time, it's not the only type of mission you need to do(to make sure it's not repetitive). You also have to fight other monsters created by Scum Labs to stop you, and defeat massive bosses such as a 100 foot robot. One story mission makes you play as George to free Lizzie and Ralph, who have been captured by Scum Labs. Just like in every rampage game, you must eat people to restore health. Choose 3 choices of monsters, George, Lizzie, or Ralph, each with their own unique stats. Like for example, George has the highest amount of physical strength out of the trio. Lizzie can breathe fire, and Ralph can get more health restored than either George or Lizzie when he eats people. Buildings topple and get damaged more realistically than previous games. Everything can be destroyed. For the first time in the Rampage series, you can destroy cities with people worldwide in 3-player matches in Xbox Live and Nintendo Wi-fi. For the first time in Rampage history, there is now a free-roaming element, where you can choose a level and a monster any time in the game(only when not in story missions) and roam free in the city and destroy things how you please. There are 5 open-world cities to destroy, like Tokyo, New York City, Los Angeles, Boston, and Hong Kong. Players can upgrade their monsters' stats using the points they earn from causing destruction, completing story and challenge missions, defeating enemies, and collecting bonus content, mostly concept art and game trailers. So, what do you think?
TheSuperMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheSuperMario1
Anyone think this is a good idea?
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

Yeah, gotta say I like it. And kudos to you for the presentation.

TheSuperMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheSuperMario1

Yeah, gotta say I like it. And kudos to you for the presentation.

driftingsilvia
Thank you.
ironmaiden925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ironmaiden925
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts

Considering how much i liked the older Rampage games, great job!

Game developers, here's your new project.

DaSpIatterMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaSpIatterMan
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
This sounds incredible, kinda like the 2009? Hulk game that was free roam, but with much more destruction and chaos!!!!
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

That sounds like it would be a fun game to play, but there is a better chance that Rampage: Total Destruction(2006) from the PS2 would be releases in an HD version than that game being made. Either way your idea does sound like it would be alot of fun.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
The only thing I would change is I would base less of the game in the US, maybe have London and Paris instead of LA and Boston, apart from that good job.
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

sounds good, good job. I recall hearing about them looking into reviving the franchise a few weeks ago, a new game and a movie based on the old games, would be awesome if they did something like what you desribe here.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Topic locked.

Please refrain from bumping old topics. Thanks.