"An error has occured during the transaction. Please try again later."

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Eloton_Karitsa (9 posts) -
I've been trying to add Microsoft Points to my account, and I keep getting this message. I've tried using credit cards, and I just tried using a pre-paid card. Can anyone who's had this problem help me?
#2 Posted by Eloton_Karitsa (9 posts) -
Anyone?
#3 Posted by x-2tha-z (8896 posts) -

Maybe you should wait and try again later?

#4 Posted by Eloton_Karitsa (9 posts) -
I've been trying for a week now...
#5 Posted by x-2tha-z (8896 posts) -

Check the parental control features. Maybe something is activated that prevents points being added. If not I suggest you phone Microsoft. They'll be able to help you better than we can.

#6 Posted by Eloton_Karitsa (9 posts) -
Nah, it's still giving me the same message. I'll call Microsoft later. Thanks, anyway.
#7 Posted by x-2tha-z (8896 posts) -

I checked the xbox.com support page. Link http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=818928&lcid=1033&category=xboxlive

Your problem is listed but it just says.......

An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later.A temporary error has occurred during redemption. Please try to redeem the token again later.

Obviously this error shouldn't happen with credit card purchases because the site says it's an error with tokens. I bet you haven't tried credit cards, have you? I bet you haven't been trying for a week either. I bet you tried it earlier and got impatient so you made this topic. If you really had been having this problem for a week you would've phoned Microsoft by now.

#8 Posted by Eloton_Karitsa (9 posts) -
Yes, I have tried 4 different cards now. And I haven't called Microsoft because I haven't been on my xbox since last Sunday, which was the last time I tried to add points.
#9 Posted by Slashfan10 (1242 posts) -

Then you should try again soon because it has been later now.

#10 Posted by 1GiantLoss (9 posts) -
When u use the credit card all the info thats on the card has to be correct like the billing address name and this why i was getting that message was the 3 numbercode on the back i was put it in wrong also try adding the card to your account in the dashboard thats how i got that mesage to stop hope it helps
#11 Posted by Eloton_Karitsa (9 posts) -
For anyone that cares, I called Microsoft. They said my account had been locked because the credit card information didn't match the contact information on my gamertag. I changed it to match, and they're suppose to unlock it within the next two days.
#12 Posted by Jaysonguy (37549 posts) -

For anyone that cares, I called Microsoft. They said my account had been locked because the credit card information didn't match the contact information on my gamertag. I changed it to match, and they're suppose to unlock it within the next two days.Eloton_Karitsa

That's a nice thing they do

I didn't know they go into that much detail.

Nice to know they go the extra mile

Hope all your stuff is set in a few days