Quick License Transfer Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheMightyJake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 TheMightyJake
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Sup guys, i just have a quick question about the license transfer on the 360.

Okay, long story short i have to get a new xbox360 and im not getting until like december (2014) and i let my friends licence transfer with my account.

when i get my new 360 and use my account again will i be able to use my downloads again?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#2 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I have not done this in a long time, but what I do remember is that you need to wait a certain period before being able to transfer your liscence again, and I forget how long that period is. As far as I recall, the liscence transfer is only if you want to be able to play the game offline, so at least you should be able to play the game as long as you are connected with the profile that you purchased it originally(need to be connected to XBL). So when you get your Xbox in December , you may not yet be able to transfer the liscence back, but as long as you are conected to XBL you should be able to play the game, that's what I remember but I'm not 100% sure. Good luck.

Jumbo120788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jumbo120788
Member since 2004 • 14956 Posts

I know on xbox one multiple people can share games, my buddy has his account set as my home xbox and mine his. As long as i connected to live i can access my games, offline i can only access his and vice versus for him. I wish he'd buy more games though, I've purchased 30/36 we share

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

The question here is if you remember when you are allowed to do the license transfer. You can only transfer your license a certain ammount of times throughout the year. I bought a new console, removed my HDD and installed it in the new console, then I had to transfer my licenses and after I did an announcement appeared on my screen telling me that I could transfer lincenses only until Sept 9 2014 again. This has kept me from purchasing a new HDD. Now that I can do the license transfer I can go and purchase my new HDD.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I remember that you could only perform the License Transfer once every 6 months, if you wanted to play any Arcade games in that account before that window is over you would have to be signed into XBL, always online.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

You could just let your friend log into your account. A license transfer is only needed to tie the software to the hardware and work without being logged in.