Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

hello all,

I have a 1-2 questions on game sharing and my home xbox.

so, i have an xbone and my bro just got the assassins creed bundle yesterday. i woke today to have unity and black flag on my xbox one. i do have the auto update/installer on as well. ( we do not live together ether, but same city)

i did some research on game sharing and came across the "make my home xbox" button you have to select to share games.

my question is, in the video it said the second player (my brother in this case) signs in on my xbox and selects the "make my home xbox" so we can share games.

but do i also need to go under my own gamertag on my xbox and select that since it is in fact MY home xbox? and do i need to do the same selection on his xbox under my gamertag?

i know u guys always yell at the op to do research before posting but i need a quick answer as im confused on who selects the make my home xbox button.

i have a roommate with an xbox one in his room, my xbone is in the living room and my bro lives at a different house. our endgoal is to allow sharing onto my xbox and to both my roommate and my brother. im not sure if they care about sharing between themselves directly.

any help is appreciated.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

The home xbox settings let you play all your games on a particular xbox even if you're not signed in. You can only change it three times a year to prevent people juggling the setting around like it sounds like you're trying to do. Unfortunately due to a PR campaign by Gamestop and others, the game share feature got cancelled.

jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

am i only allowed one extra home console? meaning my brother added his to mine thats one, could he add himself to my roommates for #2 of the year and be done?

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

You can log into as many as you want and play your games while you're logged in, but you can only have one home console on your account.