Question for those who use headphones while gaming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

I have been thinking about starting to game with headphones recently as I have been on shift work so im gaming late at night and I am waking up my wife.....

problem is....if im wearing headphones, how am I going to be able to use the headset? some games I have played only play the voices through the headset.....is there a way to set it so it always comes out of the speakers?

heres what I'm thinking.....wear the headphones on my head to listen to the game, and simply have the headset around my nec so I can use my mic

anyone had troubles or anything with this type of situation?

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NOD_Grindking
*Bump*
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NOD_Grindking
Anyone??? :(
bearvolticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 bearvolticus
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
i forget exactly how to get there but in the xbox guide under personal settings i believe there's an audio or headset option where you can set it to come out of the headset only, the tv speakers, or both.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts
Yeah make it come out of the tv speakers so you can hear them through yoru headset as well. Though of course if you actually want to talk or discuss things yoiu'll have to pick up the xbox headset and talk through the mic.
MEATSIM001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MEATSIM001
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts
This could help http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx3/home.aspx.
Wicked_Spades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wicked_Spades
Member since 2007 • 1147 Posts
That's interesting but a lot of people don't sit close enough to their TVs to make use of headphones. It's better if you set your audio controls in your game and use like a wireless headset.
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts
I put the mic around my neck a couple times and changed the settings to "play through speakers" and then off I went. Now if I ever want to use the wirelessmic and headphones (I use the bose around ear headphones (best headphones ever, actually)) I just put the headphones right over the mic, and sometimes I keep the settings on "play through headset" and sometimes I change it. Works both ways.
IceEmpress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 IceEmpress
Member since 2006 • 578 Posts

well the way I do it is, I have a pair of head phones that are not attatched to each other only by a coord, so I take one ear of the head phone and put it in one ear, then put my head set on the other ear.

if that makes sense lol.

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts
If youre talking about music then put your headset on and then one headphone in whichever ear isnt covered by the headset. If youre talking about voice chat then I dont know how to help you there honestly.
AaaSS82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AaaSS82
Member since 2005 • 213 Posts
the best way would be to get a gaming headset. i picked up the tritton ax360 off amazon for around $100 and now prefer headphones over my speaker setup. you can chat whilst gaming and get true digital surround sound. pretty cool.
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NOD_Grindking

ok so just to clarify....I can get the voice chat audio to come through my speakers correct? Basically...im playing in our bedroom and so the TV is only about 6 feet away and I have a nice pair of bose headphones that have a looong ass cord on them so they will work fine.....

so heres what im thinking........wearing the headphones, and when I want to chat on xbl....I can just put the xbox headset around my neck....that way, the mic will be there for me to speak into....and I can still hear the other people talking through my speakers which are then connected to my headphones.....

nyyankees625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nyyankees625
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hello,

I bought these X3 Turtle Beach wireless headphones so I can game at night and not wake up my folks as I spend my free time blasting away on Xbox Live. I for some reason cannot figure out how to have the game audio and voice chat to come directly to the headphones only and NOT through the TV speakers as well. As of right now the Chat and game audio are coming through my headphones which is nice but the game audio is also coming through my TV speakers but not the chat. I would like to have nothing coming through the TV speakers and have the game audio and chat only come through the headset. Can you give me the steps to do this? I know it must be a setting on the Xbox dashboard. I know how to get the chat to come through the headset but the game audio is still coming out of the TV and the headset. I go Personal Settings and then I select Voice and it gives me the options to have the voice chat come through either: the Headset, TV speakers only, or both. I have the Voice chat coming through the headset so I don't hear it coming through the TV which is nice but I still can hear the game audio coming through the TV speakers. Right now I have the RCA plugs from the Xbox coming into the female RCA jacks which are connected to the front of my TV where I have a set of RCA ports. Not sure if this is the problem. Do you have any suggestions?

X3 Turtle Beach Wireless Headphones Product # TBS-2065

misfit_780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 misfit_780
Member since 2006 • 339 Posts

ok so just to clarify....I can get the voice chat audio to come through my speakers correct? Basically...im playing in our bedroom and so the TV is only about 6 feet away and I have a nice pair of bose headphones that have a looong ass cord on them so they will work fine.....

so heres what im thinking........wearing the headphones, and when I want to chat on xbl....I can just put the xbox headset around my neck....that way, the mic will be there for me to speak into....and I can still hear the other people talking through my speakers which are then connected to my headphones.....

NOD_Grindking

That will indeed work my friend If my memory serves me correct the way to swap the chat from going through the speakers, the headset or both is under personnel settings on the 360 guide then under audio/voice i think thats it not to sure. lol hope that helps! =]

Ted_Bundy000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ted_Bundy000
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts
go to ebay and search xbox 360 headset. They have new headsets that are gaming headphones but have a mic.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

This could help http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx3/home.aspx.MEATSIM001

Yep. I actually have those. For 100USD, they're excellent. Full cup headphones, but lightweight. It's the next best thing to active noice reduction. Good stereo sound with bass boost. Xbox Live headset is built into it. What's really great is that you can control voice and game volumes separately. Even better is that it's wireless.

nyyankees625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nyyankees625
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Ok folks you just simply need to mute the TV or turn down the volume. Then the sound will come through just the headset and not the tv. later
baneat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 baneat
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts
What I did was buy a 3m 3.5mm extension cable and run it from the TV to my couch. Then I got my wireless mic and hooked the rubber earpiece through a button on my shirt so the mic pointed towards my mouth. I set the voce to play through speakers and I was sorted.
HighNMitey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HighNMitey
Member since 2008 • 87 Posts
You might just have to do the headset and headphones differently