question about online FPS's

This topic is locked from further discussion.

A3sth3tik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 A3sth3tik
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts

On PS2 i used to play the socom games online. It included going on a server, u could go to different briefing rooms and then hand pick a room u wanted to go into. i was wondering if there were any games for XBL similar to this. I might just be doing sumthing wrong on R6V but i seem to only be able to join random games. i understand there are filters to find custom matches etc. but i realy like the socom-type setup. sry if im not giving enough description.

HelpItPlease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HelpItPlease
Member since 2006 • 589 Posts
I understand what you mean, because I loved the Socom set-up, and no, there are no games currently like that. But Rainbow is the best set-up out of any of the games that are out right now.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
I understand what you mean, because I loved the Socom set-up, and no, there are no games currently like that. But Rainbow is the best set-up out of any of the games that are out right now.HelpItPlease
That's a matter of opinion... I like Halo 2's sytem.
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts
I understand what you mean, because I loved the Socom set-up, and no, there are no games currently like that. But Rainbow is the best set-up out of any of the games that are out right now.HelpItPlease
*bzzt* Wrong. Halo 2 is still the king of online setup. The ease with which to find a good game in halo 2 is unrivaled by R6 or gears or anything. Out of 10 tries to find a good game (I check for connection and such stuff) I may find 1 or 2 really good games if I'm lucky.
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
[QUOTE="HelpItPlease"]I understand what you mean, because I loved the Socom set-up, and no, there are no games currently like that. But Rainbow is the best set-up out of any of the games that are out right now.11Marcel
*bzzt* Wrong. Halo 2 is still the king of online setup. The ease with which to find a good game in halo 2 is unrivaled by R6 or gears or anything. Out of 10 tries to find a good game (I check for connection and such stuff) I may find 1 or 2 really good games if I'm lucky.

The best part about Halo's system is that it did a pretty good job of ranking players and putting same skill level teams together. It can't be stressed enough how much better it is to have consistently good tight games instead of lopsided frustration that can happen a lot on R6V when a bunch of good players stack on one team. I don't know really what Socom was like, but R6V has what seems to be a pretty standard XBL match finding system. I'm personally not too crazy about it, more games using Halo 2's system would be much better.
A3sth3tik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 A3sth3tik
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts
ahh yes i have played halo 2 and the setup is great, but the thing about socom is that u can make rooms and make the room name, it was a great way to host tryouts for a clan, and/or find clan wars.
Jeff_Boldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jeff_Boldt
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts
Custom game's in halo 2, invite your friends, lock the room, start the game.
crazymunda6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 crazymunda6
Member since 2004 • 1389 Posts

On PS2 i used to play the socom games online. It included going on a server, u could go to different briefing rooms and then hand pick a room u wanted to go into. i was wondering if there were any games for XBL similar to this. I might just be doing sumthing wrong on R6V but i seem to only be able to join random games. i understand there are filters to find custom matches etc. but i realy like the socom-type setup. sry if im not giving enough description.

A3sth3tik
I know dude i used to have a ps2 and i used to play socom1, 2, 3 on it online. Their setup i believe was the best. Also it was like made for gamebattles. They should do that for say like UT3 or umm graw2.
steve_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 steve_89
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
man i still play socom 3 online all the time its the king of online stratigy games.
lord-azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 lord-azrael
Member since 2005 • 2452 Posts
[QUOTE="HelpItPlease"]I understand what you mean, because I loved the Socom set-up, and no, there are no games currently like that. But Rainbow is the best set-up out of any of the games that are out right now.11Marcel

king of noobs maybe,I prefer games with actual servers like PC