Profile And Game Saves Transfer Help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by scout1011 (40 posts) -

Hi, it'd be great if someone could clarify this for me.

I'm about to purchase an Xbox 360 Elite, and I'm going to sell my standard premium Xbox 360. I was thinking of using a data transfer cable to transfer my save games and profile to the new console but I've heard how unreliable this can be (people saying they end up with all their data erased).

So I've decided to go with getting a 360 memory unit, putting my profile and save games from my current 360, then transfering it to the Elite when I buy it. Is this possible?

The Microsoft website only talks about transferring save games out of a console, erasing the data from the console then putting the save games and profile back on to the same console. I want to put them on a different console. Thanks.

#2 Posted by Betaslayer (665 posts) -
I rly have no idea man but I don't think u'll be able to transfer any original xbox game data through that memory card becauze u need a harddrive for BC. although I could be wrong. hope that helps a lil if u got any original xbox game data.
#3 Posted by scout1011 (40 posts) -

I rly have no idea man but I don't think u'll be able to transfer any original xbox game data through that memory card becauze u need a harddrive for BC. although I could be wrong. hope that helps a lil if u got any original xbox game data.Betaslayer

I'm not sure if you understood me correctly... I want to transfer game saves and profiles from a normal Xbox 360, to an Elite Xbox 360. Not an original Xbox to a 360 Elite. Thanks :P

#4 Posted by teddydx (916 posts) -

[QUOTE="Betaslayer"]I rly have no idea man but I don't think u'll be able to transfer any original xbox game data through that memory card becauze u need a harddrive for BC. although I could be wrong. hope that helps a lil if u got any original xbox game data.scout1011

I'm not sure if you understood me correctly... I want to transfer game saves and profiles from a normal Xbox 360, to an Elite Xbox 360. Not an original Xbox to a 360 Elite. Thanks :P

profiles and save data are kept on the hard drive.. so just keep your HD and put it on the elite

#5 Posted by scout1011 (40 posts) -
[QUOTE="scout1011"]

[QUOTE="Betaslayer"]I rly have no idea man but I don't think u'll be able to transfer any original xbox game data through that memory card becauze u need a harddrive for BC. although I could be wrong. hope that helps a lil if u got any original xbox game data.teddydx

profiles and save data are kept on the hard drive.. so just keep your HD and put it on the elite

Lol, the Elite's HDD is 120GB. The normal one is 20GB. The main reason why I'm getting Elite is for the 120GB HDD (besides HDMI). And also I'm selling it to my friend, and the 20Gb HDD is included in that sale. I'm asking if I can move profile and saves from old 360, to a memory card, then to the new elite console.

#6 Posted by teddydx (916 posts) -
[QUOTE="teddydx"][QUOTE="scout1011"]

[QUOTE="Betaslayer"]I rly have no idea man but I don't think u'll be able to transfer any original xbox game data through that memory card becauze u need a harddrive for BC. although I could be wrong. hope that helps a lil if u got any original xbox game data.scout1011

Lol, the Elite's HDD is 120GB. The normal one is 20GB. The main reason why I'm getting Elite is for the 120GB HDD (besides HDMI). And also I'm selling it to my friend, and the 20Gb HDD is included in that sale. I'm asking if I can move profile and saves from old 360, to a memory card, then to the new elite console.

opppssss sorry... -_- my bad .. mm i dont know then sorry

#7 Posted by scout1011 (40 posts) -
It's fine man haha thanks anyway :)
#8 Posted by seajag (83 posts) -
yes you can i do it all the time at my friends house to play randed and stuff
#9 Posted by StrikeVF-1 (1 posts) -
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm Here it is from Microsoft itself. It seems to be a one time trnsfer.