Play Xbox 360 with mouse and keyboard?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Yosi188 (167 posts) -
Yeh.... ive been wondering can u play xbox 360 games with a USB mouse and keyborad or is there games comming out that u can do it with? Because the ps3 will be able to do thatwith UT2007and i think they can vs ppl on PC. PLZ TELL ME XBOX CAN DO THIS TOO OH SWEET JEBUS :o
#2 Posted by Alpha172 (1437 posts) -
From my point of view, I do not think you can play games with keyboard and mouse on the 360. Although you can use the keyboard to send messages by plugging it to the USB port on your 360 instead of button mashing each word using your controller.
#3 Posted by short_marine (14 posts) -

Well first off you can buy XFPS which is adapter that lets you connect your PS controller, Mouse and Keybooard. But i have news for you the mouse has really feels werid o.O, but the PS controller is great also the keyboard is great customizing basiclly any key. Heres a link of XFPS being tested : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqDHmM8a0Eg

#4 Posted by Lord_Syll (165 posts) -

Well first off you can buy XFPS which is adapter that lets you connect your PS controller, Mouse and Keybooard. But i have news for you the mouse has really feels werid o.O, but the PS controller is great also the keyboard is great customizing basiclly any key. Heres a link of XFPS being tested : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqDHmM8a0Eg

short_marine

Y would u play with a ps controller? itz too small and the arrow key hurts ur thumb after a while ... the 360 controller is way more comfortablein size, shape, andthe thumb stick with the caved-in thumb press ... and itz wireless ... wut ever i guess wouldnt make sence for ALL humans to b logical ....

#5 Posted by FunkyHeadHunter (1758 posts) -

short_marine

This is true and anyone trying to say otherwise is just mad and jelouse of the people wanting to use M/K. Both controller and M/K are very usefull tools.

#6 Posted by dronwarwick (1 posts) -
does that xfps allow for your xbox live headset
#7 Posted by sumoman25 (9 posts) -
This is how it works, you plug the xfps into your 360 using a usb port, no problem. you connect your wired controller to the xfps's first usb port. Then you choose mouse + keybaord or ps2 controller, plug either choice in. Turn on the 360 from the controller (hold down xbox button) and you need to map your stuff and all that but since your using a wireless controller to connect it to it, and you are running it through the xfps, if your wireless controller were to be sitting close to you, you could use your mic. If you have wireless mic you could definetly use it.
#8 Posted by donalbane (16376 posts) -
I wish they made the split fish frag fx for 360.
#9 Posted by sharpshooter188 (4328 posts) -
you cant. sorry. If it was simply that easy to get the accuracy of a mouse, no one would use a joystick on the 360. The "mouse" only emulates tilt direction so youd have to move the mouse to the original position to stop the tilt speed. Its not just aiming.
#10 Posted by armyman455 (914 posts) -
if you want mouse and keyboard so badly use your PC the 360 is designed for controller use for a reason
#11 Posted by adameiu (1 posts) -
is that adapter legal for xbox live or will i get banned for using it because i might buy one
#12 Posted by nonknown (24 posts) -
Well not all game are released on pc yet E.g. Halo 3 Halo Reach
#13 Posted by piranha_inc (1994 posts) -
I think there was some kind of adapter for this but I'm not really sure
#14 Posted by SelfieDK (75 posts) -
Its just not right to play with M/K on the 360.. It totally unbalances the console gaming experience..
#15 Posted by crex1111 (2 posts) -
I don't think you can play with a mouse and keyboard.
#16 Posted by CUDGEdave (2590 posts) -

I don't think you can play with a mouse and keyboard.crex1111

You can with 'Max Shooter' below,It actually work quite well once you fiddle with the sensitivity.

max

#17 Posted by Zertax (12 posts) -
You can also use the XIM3; http://xim3.com/?page_id=182 And no, you really can not be banned, if you think, FF online was playable with a mouse and keyboard by just plugging it into the USB ports, I am thinking of buying once myself. Hope this helps. JonJon.
#18 Posted by stepheng77 (23 posts) -
I wish they made the split fish frag fx for 360. donalbane
"Splitfish is bringing their FragFX powerhouse to the Xbox 360 arena in August of 2011" http://www.thecrimsoncrow.com/2011/05/splitfish-fragfx-shark-for-xbox-360-looks-promising/ I cannot wait for Halo with the Shark!!!
#19 Posted by -DirtySanchez- (32760 posts) -
why the hell would you want to? point and click gaming sucks so hard