Picking an XBOX ONE this weekend and not-sure if I should buy Horizon 2 or Forza Motorsports 5 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

umair_s51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Edited By umair_s51

Poll Picking an XBOX ONE this weekend and not-sure if I should buy Horizon 2 or Forza Motorsports 5 ? (23 votes)

Forza Horizon 2 70%
Forza Motorsports 5 30%

So I am buying Xbox kinetic-less and was wondering which of these 2 games I should get alongside. Loved the in-store demo of Forza Motorsports 5, but I have never played any Forza before, as I am a first-time Xbox buyer.

Horizon 2 on the other hand looks interesting, and has better review scores from websites too.

So i'm confused :S

• 
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm not really into racing games, but I know Forza Horizon 1 and Forza Horizon 2 are also on 360. You could pick both FH games on 360 there save yourself a lot of money (from having to buy new $400-$500 hardware), that's what my cousin's are doing.

However, Forza 5 is a launch title only for Xbone.

They are way different. Forza 5 is a sim racer and Horizon is an arcadey racer.

I guess go with your gut.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Yeah depends on what type of racer you like best... as mentioned above ^^

I personally prefer Forza Motorsport because I like those types of racers more. But I own both, and both are great.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

By reading your post TC, I'm more inclined to recommend Horizon 2 over Forza 5. Horizon 2 is overall bigger on the fun factor imo, and while I think Forza 5 is great, it is more of a sim racer and more for the hardcore & serious racing fans overall. Also, Horizon 2 just came out and technically speaking is more impressive than F5, and the Forza community has probably shifted a bit more towards it considering it was just released.

I love both so actually I would recommend you get the other one down the road later on when it is cheaper, they are both different games....but my recommendation is you start out with Horizon 2.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

I'd recommend Horizon 2. And don't get it for the 360, even if it is cheaper. It's a different and far better game on X1.

Avatar image for firepunchgaming
FirePunchGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 FirePunchGaming
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Ok. Forza 5 is great. Forza Horizon 2 is hands down the better game. Check out my YouTube channel and subscribe. www.youtube.com/sforcessgtfc

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

If possible get a Xbox One SKU that includes Forza 5. Some Xbox one consoles come with a download version of Forza Motorsport 5 at no additional cost. So for $400.00 the Xbox one comes with a download voucher. During launch the Xbox one with Kinect came with the actual hard copy of Forza 5 included. So if you can find the Xbox one Sku with or without Kinect than buy Forza Horizon 2 in addition. Then you can have your Forza fix covered.

But if you have to choose between the 2 then go with Forza Horizon 2. If you cannot find an Xbox with the Forza 5 game code.

tmorri603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tmorri603
Member since 2003 • 407 Posts

I am no big racing game fan but if I had my pick I would go for Forza Horizon 2. It is $60 but being able to go off road is a plus for me. I don't know how much money you have but Forza 5 is almost a year old and should not cost that much.

roboed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 roboed
Member since 2014 • 79 Posts

Go for horizon. forza five is also excellent. I love all forza games but horizon 2 is my fav

Thaymez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Thaymez
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts

Forza Horizon 2 is better IMO. Forza 5 is to difficult to stay on the road all the time.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

If you are looking for a simulation racer that you need to invest time into to get really good and race on real circuits, I would suggest Forza 5. The game has had some changes to the balance of the economy (thus it feels less of a grind earning the top cars) and some extra tracks and some free cars that go towards addressing some of the review concerns.

However, if you are looking for an open world racing game where you drive to events and want to soak up a different sort of atmosphere with music playing etc and want to get into racing games for the first time, I think Forza Horizon 2 is the way to go. Some really cool events in the game and some free cars for it as well. However, this is not based on circuit racing (there are some tracks made on streets in the game, but they are not every event and not based on real tracks).

I hope this helps.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Just dont like the AI in forza 5 even though meant to be AI from the CLOUD its still annoying as hell. I have tried to play this so many times campaign mode but the AI still rubbish. No matter what speed your going one car always drives into you as i was going quite slow to see if it made any difference but no the cars still try and ram you.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts

If you like racing, both are a must!!

BronxBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BronxBomber
Member since 2003 • 13398 Posts

Have both and if you need to chose one, Forza Horizon 2. Its more fun IMHO, lots of stuff to do and I say get in and grow with the community. Look for me online as BronxBomber69.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#14 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

I prefer Horizon 2 , and don't get it for 360 . definitely get the Xbox one version which is very different and much much better !

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

I have both, they are pretty different. i do feel like Forza Horizon 2 is more "fun". It still runs on the same physics engine as Forza 5 so its real but not to real.