peter molyneux=flake.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for rushthatspeaks2
rushthatspeaks2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 rushthatspeaks2
Member since 2005 • 111 Posts

Any of you weary about Fable2 after seeing the Peter Molyneux press interview about this game?

The dude is a complete flake, his hippy dippy nature is the reason Fable1 was somewhat of a let down.

The guy announces 3 aspects of Fable2 that are supposed to impress us. The first two aspects he admits are minor, and to me completely uneventful.

Then, he announces the big deal, hold onto your hats. . .

OH BOY YOU GET TO HAVE A PET!!!!! Whooptie frigging doo.

I thought maybe he was going to announce something worth a crap, like what he promised us in Fable1, hmm maybe like the ability to go anywhere you want, no borders in the game, all your actions change the game world carve your name in a tree step on a butterfly etc..remember that?

Nah instead the big deal about Fable2 is you get a pet. I think this guy took too much acid in the 60's and now smokes too much crack. I think he has no idea what he's doing and I think Fable2 is going to be a let down somewhat.

incendiumx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 incendiumx
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts

Agreed. I enjoyed Fable 1 but i wish i had only rented instead of purchased because it had ZERO replayability and was pretty mediocre.

I'll mos def be renting fable 2 if for no other reason than a weekend of mindless distraction...

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#3 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I didn't hear him announce those things, wow, I was hoping to hear some better news. I followed Fable for years before it came out and was, of course, very disappointed.
FMJ_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 FMJ_Strike
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Think its and intresting idea but not one to center your focus on. The 3 most important points of a game are story, gameplay, and innovation. A pet would be cool but somthing better than a dog... like some sort of magic creature that would change shape depending on your alignment and skills. Small demon for evil mage, golem for a good mage, Tiger for good warrior etc. but i just hope a pet isnt the master idea for the game or were all screwed... :|
incendiumx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 incendiumx
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts

Think its and intresting idea but not one to center your focus on. The 3 most important points of a game are story, gameplay, and innovation. A pet would be cool but somthing better than a dog... like some sort of magic creature that would change shape depending on your alignment and skills. Small demon for evil mage, golem for a good mage, Tiger for good warrior etc. but i just hope a pet isnt the master idea for the game or were all screwed... :|FMJ_Strike

Didnt you know? The subtitle for Fable 2 is "Really pretty version of tamogatchi"!!!!

lagerfeldt1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 lagerfeldt1974
Member since 2006 • 68 Posts

LOL

I didn't find Fable that bad, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Particular the part where the guy you save slowly turns into a werewolf.

Over too soon though. 

Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
I didn't mind Fable 1 but agreed it was not the game that Molyneux made it out to be in all the hype and i know a number of people who weren't happy to say the least .... I'm just taking everything that guy says with a pinch of salt and see how it pans out before I part with any hard earned cash this time
david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
Well...he has been know to break promises before...we might end up with cats.
rushthatspeaks2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rushthatspeaks2

Think its and intresting idea but not one to center your focus on. The 3 most important points of a game are story, gameplay, and innovation. A pet would be cool but somthing better than a dog... like some sort of magic creature that would change shape depending on your alignment and skills. Small demon for evil mage, golem for a good mage, Tiger for good warrior etc. but i just hope a pet isnt the master idea for the game or were all screwed... :|FMJ_Strike

Thats the problem, the pet at this point seems to be the big sell for this game. Not something amazing like "you can chop down a tree and have it still be there rotting when you come back to it later. (Isn't there a game coming out or out that boasts that?)

I know what to expect with this guy at this point but come on, he has next gen technology to work with now, if a pet is the best he can come up with even early in development then I'm not as excited about this game as I was.

I did like Fable1 don't get me wrong. FOr what the game turned out to be it was pretty cool, just not ground breaking. Hopefully each map in this game is bigger than 10 feet by 10 feet. I mean Oblivion although it had borders was fully explorable, hopefully Fable2 in the least will be like that. In the most it will be what w were promised with Fable1.

leezeebub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 leezeebub
Member since 2005 • 4112 Posts

i think a dog really is the most pathetic idea ever, he must have pulled a muscle in his brain from thinking so hard.

if the pet was specific to your character like someone said earlier then that would be a little better but still pretty worthless. i dont need a pet thanks i can scout my own areas and attack my own enemies and i dont want some dumbass little peice of pixles getting in my way constantly.

i read an interveiw with petey m where he was talking about how you can throw a ball off a cliff and your dog wont follow it. yeah probably because it cant jump through invisible walls lol. you really know your audience dont you petey 

trexnine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 trexnine
Member since 2006 • 106 Posts

He is probably just telling us this to not get deeper into the game itself maybe he is just stalling and brings out cooler stuff.

or so I hope

leezeebub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 leezeebub

He is probably just telling us this to not get deeper into the game itself maybe he is just stalling and brings out cooler stuff.

or so I hope

trexnine
no, ive seen a few articles and interviews where he talks about these at great length. somehow he thinks this crappy dog idea is the best thing hes ever thought of (obviously he is very wrong)
johngmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johngmills
Member since 2005 • 4349 Posts
But don't pretty much all game designers have to be either flakey or high to think up the things they do?
leezeebub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 leezeebub
But don't pretty much all game designers have to be either flakey or high to think up the things they do?johngmills
how high do you have to be to think up a dog? thats not high thats overdosed
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
Peter Molyneux hasnt made a great game since populous 2, which was populous 1 with more stuff. What he needs is a designer who he can have as his guide to say whats insane and whats not. Ya know like "Hey, what if we make 90% of the game the tutorial?", then hed say "NO, bad Peter, Bad!"... and then we wouldnt have got B&W
Avatar image for Bluebirdsince94
Bluebirdsince94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bluebirdsince94
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts

Another of Peter M's "innovations" that he mentioned was the ability for the character to impregnate his wives and if you play a female hero, for her to get preggo. I'm having a difficult time deciding which I think is worse--the dog or my female hero being forced to say, "I'm sorry Mr. Troll, but we're going to have to continue this butt kicking later. I think my water just broke..."

sirkel28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 sirkel28
Member since 2004 • 347 Posts

Just a dog, that's it...., and I thought maybe it would be some kind of a Pokemon thing. :)

Should have it like UO or World Warcraft being able to tame wild animals. 

FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

Well, he just hypes his own stuff. I saw the interview and he said he was going to let you experience love and he gave an example of you, having a kid, you come home, and he says: 'Daddy! Daddy! You're brilliant!'

Seriously, that doesn't sound like something amazing at all. It sounds like more annoying stuff to put up with. I've yet to encounter a great RPG where there isn't so much annoying stuff you need to do that you don't want to do. This seems like one of them.

However, luckily he stated you don't have to go through any of it if you don't want to. That's why I'm excited for Fable 2. The dog seems like a neat thing in the game. And if I can just choose not to deal with the whole supposedly 'great' love deal then this game seems great to me so far. 

Si-monster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Si-monster
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts

Agreed.

I'm going to reserve judgement on Fable 2 until I've played it but as for Molyneux; hippies should keep there hemp/tofu covered mitts out of game development. I don't want to play as an evil character but if that means my in-game dog is going to be a ponce then I'm not interested.

death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts

LOL

I didn't find Fable that bad, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Particular the part where the guy you save slowly turns into a werewolf.

Over too soon though.

lagerfeldt1974

I thought that was harry potter. 

zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts
I think he's always been a bit of an excentric, but he was always thinking outside the box which has resulted in some pretty cool games. He seems to be slipping behind the times a little nowadays though.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
[QUOTE="lagerfeldt1974"]

LOL

Over too soon though.

death1505921

I thought that was harry potter.

No, there's a guy in Fable that turns into a Balverine. 

JJ4545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JJ4545
Member since 2006 • 3015 Posts

Fable 1 was crap.

Hopefully Fable 2 will be what Fable 1 was meant to be. 

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

Any of you weary about Fable2 after seeing the Peter Molyneux press interview about this game?

The dude is a complete flake, his hippy dippy nature is the reason Fable1 was somewhat of a let down.

The guy announces 3 aspects of Fable2 that are supposed to impress us. The first two aspects he admits are minor, and to me completely uneventful.

Then, he announces the big deal, hold onto your hats. . .

OH BOY YOU GET TO HAVE A PET!!!!! Whooptie frigging doo.

I thought maybe he was going to announce something worth a crap, like what he promised us in Fable1, hmm maybe like the ability to go anywhere you want, no borders in the game, all your actions change the game world carve your name in a tree step on a butterfly etc..remember that?

Nah instead the big deal about Fable2 is you get a pet. I think this guy took too much acid in the 60's and now smokes too much crack. I think he has no idea what he's doing and I think Fable2 is going to be a let down somewhat.

rushthatspeaks2

lol aye, can't stand the dude personaly.

rushthatspeaks2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rushthatspeaks2

i think a dog really is the most pathetic idea ever, he must have pulled a muscle in his brain from thinking so hard.

if the pet was specific to your character like someone said earlier then that would be a little better but still pretty worthless. i dont need a pet thanks i can scout my own areas and attack my own enemies and i dont want some dumbass little peice of pixles getting in my way constantly.

i read an interveiw with petey m where he was talking about how you can throw a ball off a cliff and your dog wont follow it. yeah probably because it cant jump through invisible walls lol. you really know your audience dont you petey 

leezeebub

Of course your dog won't follow it. That would be too fun. I'm glad he's taking advantage of next gen technology so perfectly by wasting it on stupid stuff like this.

If I wanted a pet I'd play a hunter in World of Warcraft.

ragincoley86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ragincoley86
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts

i think a dog really is the most pathetic idea ever, he must have pulled a muscle in his brain from thinking so hard.

i read an interveiw with petey m where he was talking about how you can throw a ball off a cliff and your dog wont follow it. yeah probably because it cant jump through invisible walls lol. you really know your audience dont you petey

leezeebub

The dog does change on how you build your character skill.