Perfect dark zero worth buying????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gam0Ph0bia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Gam0Ph0bia
Member since 2006 • 86 Posts

i played 10 top games of 360 and now i wonder if perfect dark zero is worth buying.

Helghast_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Helghast_Merc
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts
PDZ was my first game for the XBox 360, and truthfully it's okay, but nothing too breathtaking. I tried out the demo and I figured that I would buy it anyways since I am big into first person shooters. I guess the nice thing about the game at least is that you get to use different types of gadets and it has a nice variety of weapons. So unless you are a fan of the original Perfect Dark game, or you are big into first pershon shooters like me, then I say go ahead.
alushe18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 alushe18
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts

well i got the limited edition for 16 bucks, and i think it was totally worth it but u dont know if its worth buying for $30. overall i think its a pretty good game

dancinaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dancinaps
Member since 2005 • 374 Posts
Well PDZ was a decent game, if you have already played F.E.A.R, COD2 and COD3, you should give PDZ a try.
JediMoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 JediMoogle
Member since 2004 • 21123 Posts
PDZ was my first game for the XBox 360, and truthfully it's okay, but nothing too breathtaking. I tried out the demo and I figured that I would buy it anyways since I am big into first person shooters. I guess the nice thing about the game at least is that you get to use different types of gadets and it has a nice variety of weapons. So unless you are a fan of the original Perfect Dark game, or you are big into first pershon shooters like me, then I say go ahead.Helghast_Merc

Actually I disagree. If you liked the original a lot, you'd hate PDZ.
Like me.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
PDZ is pretty darn fun if you put a lot of time and effort into it, but it's easily outshadowed by other better games. back at launch, it was the best fps i think, but now it's kind of obsolete.
proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 proud722
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
Its online multiplayer was pretty fun but thats gone downhill
redhawk360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 redhawk360
Member since 2006 • 723 Posts
very simply yes
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
buy it . I loved it !!!
thefman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thefman
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts
no, hell no.  i paid 40 for it and way overpaid.  it is not worth 20.
her0_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 her0_54
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
Imo, no. It's definetley worth renting for a weekend however.
Helghast_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Helghast_Merc
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts
[QUOTE="Helghast_Merc"]PDZ was my first game for the XBox 360, and truthfully it's okay, but nothing too breathtaking. I tried out the demo and I figured that I would buy it anyways since I am big into first person shooters. I guess the nice thing about the game at least is that you get to use different types of gadets and it has a nice variety of weapons. So unless you are a fan of the original Perfect Dark game, or you are big into first pershon shooters like me, then I say go ahead.JediMoogle

Like me.

Ah, I see. I actually never played the original but I just figured that if you liked the first one, you'd like the second one. I'm not really picky when it comes to FPS games, so almost any FPS games I see out there and I play, I like alot (with the exception of a few Medal of Honor games for the console).
UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UKLTLEMON
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

Uh cant say much the demo sucked and in france it was being sold for 17 euros

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
I liked it. The multiplayer is really fun.
Gam0Ph0bia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gam0Ph0bia
Too complicated some of you sey yes some say no ! I think I better buy a sport game because i played 10 top games and now i have nothing to play.
Gam0Ph0bia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gam0Ph0bia
Too complicated some of you sey yes some say no ! I think I better buy a sport game because i played 10 top games and now i have nothing to play.
Schmidty1218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Schmidty1218
Member since 2003 • 224 Posts
buying PDZ on launch was the biggest video-game related mistake i've ever made!  total let-down. definitely not worth $60, i dare say its not worth $20 or however much its going for now.  it an extremely mediocre single player campaign and the multiplayer was somewhat fun but compared to what is available now i think it would be stupid to get it.
aRE-you-AFraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 aRE-you-AFraid
Member since 2006 • 3234 Posts

i played 10 top games of 360 and now i wonder if perfect dark zero is worth buying.

Gam0Ph0bia
If by "worth buying", you mean like fifty cents, then yes.
ringuzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ringuzi
Member since 2005 • 958 Posts
everything about this game is terrible dont buy it there are far superior shooters out there dont pay for this crap the multiplayer is just awful you jsut spawn and walk around and then you find someone and stand infront of each other shooting for 20 seconds until one of you dies the entire single player experiance is standing around waiting for the arrows to appear on the floor guidign you to your next objective you spend half the time lookign at the floor, and then theres the psycosis gun which makes the screen blurry and hurts your eyes any shooter without jump or roll or some kind of fast movement sucks
proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 proud722

Too complicated some of you sey yes some say no ! I think I better buy a sport game because i played 10 top games and now i have nothing to play.Gam0Ph0bia

If you see it for £15 or lower get it but otherwise dont bother the single player is'nt all that great and the online multiplayer which is probaly the best part has no one left on it. So unless you've got it all ready just get Gears.

Arborescence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Arborescence
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
no, hell no.  i paid 40 for it and way overpaid.  it is not worth 20.thefman
word, the game straight up sucks
proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 proud722

everything about this game is terrible dont buy it there are far superior shooters out there dont pay for this crap the multiplayer is just awful you jsut spawn and walk around and then you find someone and stand infront of each other shooting for 20 seconds until one of you dies the entire single player experiance is standing around waiting for the arrows to appear on the floor guidign you to your next objective you spend half the time lookign at the floor, and then theres the psycosis gun which makes the screen blurry and hurts your eyes any shooter without jump or roll or some kind of fast movement sucksringuzi

sounds like who ever you were facing in multiplayer were pretty crap

blaine66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blaine66
Member since 2005 • 1165 Posts
It WAS a good game online. Single player, its horrible. The story like is like getting hit in the face with a brick. However, the multiplayer is actually fun. If you like slower first person shooters and unique weapons, then pick it up. If not, well, there are way more shooters out there that are not origional that I'm sure you'll love.
redhawk360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 redhawk360

[QUOTE="Gam0Ph0bia"]Too complicated some of you sey yes some say no ! I think I better buy a sport game because i played 10 top games and now i have nothing to play.proud722

If you see it for £15 or lower get it but otherwise dont bother the single player is'nt all that great and the online multiplayer which is probaly the best part has no one left on it. So unless you've got it all ready just get Gears.

um he said he treid out the top ten Gears is in that catagory
redhawk360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 redhawk360
everything about this game is terrible dont buy it there are far superior shooters out there dont pay for this crap the multiplayer is just awful you jsut spawn and walk around and then you find someone and stand infront of each other shooting for 20 seconds until one of you dies the entire single player experiance is standing around waiting for the arrows to appear on the floor guidign you to your next objective you spend half the time lookign at the floor, and then theres the psycosis gun which makes the screen blurry and hurts your eyes any shooter without jump or roll or some kind of fast movement sucksringuzi

um try playing pdz on a harder difficulty setting and face me in multiplayer then your views will change
Pit_italy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pit_italy
Member since 2005 • 965 Posts
depends on the price. If they give you also 10 bucks it may be worthy.
treyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 treyskillz
Member since 2006 • 1576 Posts

[QUOTE="Helghast_Merc"]PDZ was my first game for the XBox 360, and truthfully it's okay, but nothing too breathtaking. I tried out the demo and I figured that I would buy it anyways since I am big into first person shooters. I guess the nice thing about the game at least is that you get to use different types of gadets and it has a nice variety of weapons. So unless you are a fan of the original Perfect Dark game, or you are big into first pershon shooters like me, then I say go ahead.JediMoogle

Like me.

same.... only good part about it is "infection" and that doesn't last

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts
its a solid game
NamanOWNSyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 NamanOWNSyou
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
VOMIT no, dude. Overhyped at launch. Terrible.
bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts
it depends... if u can get a copy for like 15 bucks then sure get it... anything more id say no...
Avatar image for M-e-t-h-o-d-206
M-e-t-h-o-d-206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 M-e-t-h-o-d-206
Member since 2006 • 1986 Posts
i hated that game more than anything. but hey to each his own
TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 TheBigTicket21
Member since 2004 • 30875 Posts
it's not bad, get it.
lombado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lombado
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts

well i got the limited edition for 16 bucks, and i think it was totally worth it but u dont know if its worth buying for $30. overall i think its a pretty good game

alushe18
$30 for a game just making a year old? I woudl say try it. I mena it did get good reviews tho.
jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
If you can get it for $15 - 20, then it's worth it. It was my first game for the 360 and it was disappointingly short. The graphics are not even that good when compared to other games that are out now (GRAW/GoW).
clubside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 clubside
Member since 2004 • 667 Posts

This topic has come up many times so my response will be shorter than usual.

Perfect Dark Zero is a good, fun shooter. It has a lot of different locations, some interesting vehicles and a corny, funny story. It also supports online co-op through the entire campaign, including cut-scenes, and you can save and pick it up again between missions. In co-op the gameplay even changes slightly on some levels as the second player assumes the role of an NPC (like the lead character's father) with different objectives.

Online multiplayer has twodifferent modes: traditional gametypes grouped under a "Deathmatch" category, and "DarkOps" which are more objective based. The game supports up to 32 players and can be a lot of fun. It also supports bots of varying difficulty.

There seems to be a lot of backlash to this game, but plenty of people enjoy it. There's no reason not to at least rent it if the new lower price isn't good enough. If anything you'll at least get to join the masses who complain they ever played it in the first place. :P

thomass60r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 thomass60r
Member since 2006 • 1928 Posts

Gam0Ph0bia
no it is not