Paying a Premium Price for a Day One Edition Console

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

G'day Gamespotters,

I would just like to throw this out there and ask the question would it be stupid of me to pay $750 for an Xbox One day One Edition console? As many of you know (here in Australia anyway) it's sold out everywhere and I mean everywhere. I've contacted all the major retailers and they all are telling me the same story and that it's pretty much impossible to get one now. Hell I even tried Microsoft.com.au

I've offered someone $750AU and haven't gotten a reply yet. Now I know for $599AU I could get the exact same thing minus the controller with Day 1 badging and the Day 1 achievement and as much as I think they're really pointless things I still want the day one edition lol. Oh and it comes with a free code for the full game Fifa 14.

Am I stupid? Would any of you pay the premium price for it? I'd like your thoughts and opinions guys :)

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre

No one? Not even one person can share their honest opinion? Maybe your silence answers my question lol.

profanityVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 profanityVP
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts

are u talking about the specific day 1 edition of the xbox one or do u just want the xbox one at launch??

as far as i know there isn't any physical difference apart from the achievements and the day one text printed on the controller,,

In sydney, all retailers are pretty much still accepting pre orders for xbox one on launch, just not the day one edition,

bumsonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bumsonfire
Member since 2013 • 250 Posts

maybe its just the 'day one edition' sold out not sure. Pre-order it at the EB Games store online, JB HI FI Online or anywhere else, im sure their is a place to get it.

BTW, im aussie aswell :)

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BattleSpectre

Thanks for the comments guys and yes sorry I should of been a little bit more specific. If I wanted too I could still get an Xbox One at launch as all major retailers are still accepting pre-orders for launch day (I live in Melbourne). It's just the Day One Editions that are sold out. Argh!! I should of just pre-ordered it when they were available I had no idea supply would be that low.

Avatar image for thenephariouson
thenephariouson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thenephariouson
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

@BattleSpectre:

Apparantly according to reports, Day 1 additions are available at ASDA

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Unless you are rich then I recommend you just get the regular Xbox 1. No point in paying more for engravings and a special achievement. I reserved mine a long time ago and I'm glad I'm getting it, but it didn't cost me anything more. Only you know the answer to this question OP, it depends how much it means to you.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BattleSpectre

I've contacted an Ebay seller and am pretty keen on proceeding with the purchase. Let's be honest the items offered in the Day One Edition are anything but special, to most they're probably useless or have very little importance. But for me it's very hard to get something out of my mind when i want it, and i think the controller would be pretty neat with it's chrome D-pad and the day one achievement, even though Microsoft have stated earns you no G-points would still be pretty awesome and exclusive IMO. What's the worst that could happen? lol

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BattleSpectre

Hehehe sorry for being an annoying twat but I have great news everyone. I am going to be the proud owner of an Xbox One Day One Edition come next week. Besides getting Fifa with it for free I am also buying Dead Rising 3. I'll see you all on the battlefield ;)

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@BattleSpectre: Good stuff.....nothing wrong with that, I know the feeling when something like this nags at you. It meant something to you and now you're happy. I know people who spend 60$/week on cigarettes, some can waste more than 100$ in 1 single nightclub outing...wasting money is relative. I got the phone call yesterday and my day 1 edition is just waiting for me.

Now we play the waiting game.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Yeah it's that price anyway in New Zealand, I'll hopefully be able to pay for one today and pick it up at midnight tonight.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BattleSpectre

This is why I love the Gamespot community, thanks guys i'm very excited :)

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

Congrats, gonna be picking up my Day One edition tonight as well. I do know what your talking about though, when you get something in your head and you want exactly whats in your head and the nagging feeling you feel lol. It's how I ended up with a Vita, it just looked sleek and cool lol.

Also, I'm a collector of Boxes too and agree that the day one box looks nice and sleek and the regular box is ugly. It's gonna look nice stacked up with my PS2,PS3,PS4,Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii-U boxes. And yes lol, I have pretty much a wall of boxes and my family thinks I'm crazy for keeping them all.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

No don't pay that much for the console. There will be 10s of thousands of these things to get at regular price.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BattleSpectre

@kuu2 said:

No don't pay that much for the console. There will be 10s of thousands of these things to get at regular price.

Not the Day One Editions mate, i rang every retailer in Australia that stocked them and they all told me the same thing, they were sold out a long time ago and finding one was impossible. So that's why i went with my eBay purchase. I get all the cool things the day one edition includes plus a free game (Fifa 14) is that worth the extra $100 i payed over retail price? Hell yes!

I hope everyone is enjoying their new Xbox and looking forward to what this next-generation has to offer. Happy gaming everyone.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@kuu2 said:

Not the Day One Editions mate, i rang every retailer in Australia that stocked them and they all told me the same thing, they were sold out a long time ago and finding one was impossible. So that's why i went with my eBay purchase. I get all the cool things the day one edition includes plus a free game (Fifa 14) is that worth the extra $100 i payed over retail price? Hell yes!

I hope everyone is enjoying their new Xbox and looking forward to what this next-generation has to offer. Happy gaming everyone.

How's the voice recognition on the system, I live in New Zealand and it is not supported for us here yet, I changed my regional setting to UK and it worked but I had to constantly repeat my words, the missus was telling me to stop yelling "Xbox" Haha. Just wondering if my problems were related to me not having a English accent. Either way when voice worked, it was amazing.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

I personally would have waited. Also, you kind of screwed yourself on a warranty by buying it on ebay. You can get the warranty from Microsoft, but you have nowhere to go if there's a problem out of the box. Can't take it back to the store or anything. For future reference, never buy a new console or anything expensive off ebay.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BattleSpectre

@sailor232 I wont lie man, buying from eBay meant I won't get mine until a week later (hopefully it's here on Monday or Tuesday). I'm just sitting back now and listening to all the positive feedback from you guys haha.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BattleSpectre

@driftingsilvia said:

I personally would have waited. Also, you kind of screwed yourself on a warranty by buying it on ebay. You can get the warranty from Microsoft, but you have nowhere to go if there's a problem out of the box. Can't take it back to the store or anything. For future reference, never buy a new console or anything expensive off ebay.

You're actually wrong. The seller is including the receipt with the sale and he purchased the console from EB games. I rang EB games before I bought it and asked even if I buy an Xbox One from a different state in Australia and have the receipt will i be covered with warranty? The clerk over the phone said yes you will, as long as you have the receipt and as long as he bought it from an EB Games store. Don't worry mate I do my homework before i throw away my money ;)

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

Just have to be careful with ebay people was my point.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@kuu2 said:

Yeah Day One editions were not plentiful.