Orange light on my xbox360 power supply

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Kyusss (12 posts) -
But it still works... what does that mean?
#2 Posted by gamerfreak1991 (2501 posts) -
Its supposed to be orange when it is off, but green when the console is on.
#4 Posted by GEARSofWAR360 (1405 posts) -
yep its normal it just tells u ur consoles off
#5 Posted by Zantar45 (466 posts) -

Flip over the power supply and read the label, it tells you what the three colors mean.

#6 Posted by Alpengeist (12 posts) -
It is the same thing as on a sterio or other electronic, when its off, the light changes color and usualy represents it being in standby mode. Upon turning it on it should turn Green
#7 Posted by sealedexit (68 posts) -
Take it easy its OK. I thought something was wrong with mine too, at first. Had to call a friend and confirm it was ok.
#8 Posted by Kyusss (12 posts) -

Thanks for the quick response 8)

I'm always woried about my xbox ... my first one died 2 weeks ago... I'm lucky its not the one at my appartment that crashed but the other one at my parents house

I guess I'll just try to enjoy my games

#9 Posted by Thigeic (1077 posts) -

Thanks for the quick response 8)

I'm always woried about my xbox ... my first one died 2 weeks ago... I'm lucky its not the one at my appartment that crashed but the other one at my parents house

I guess I'll just try to enjoy my games

Kyusss

Just get insurance on your 360 and you can get a new one the same day and you never have to worry about what happends, Even if you've been drunk and unlucky with your beer :)

#10 Posted by cdog13579 (2 posts) -
Hey what does it mean if it is orange and then when u plug it in to the x box360 it is still orange but starts to blink???
#11 Posted by cdog13579 (2 posts) -
what does it mean when the orange light blinks
#12 Posted by TheCrazed420 (7654 posts) -
Its a power supply. Theres capacitors in there. So the light will take a while to dim out when disconnected from power. Now if youre pulling your PS cable in and out of your 360 just to see what it does...youre probably asking for trouble. Just leave it.
#13 Posted by blsaoo (1 posts) -
My xbox 360 has the orange light on the power supply but it doesnt want to turn on. I pushed the on button on the console itself and on the remote and nothing happens. Please if anyone knows whats going on please help me.
#14 Posted by nikkitaylor (1 posts) -
my Power Supply fan is making a lot of noise I cleaned it inside and out but it still runs all the time it's there a fix
#15 Posted by nikkitaylor (1 posts) -
my Power Supply fan is making a lot of noise I cleaned it inside and out but it still runs all the time it's there a fixnikkitaylor