Options? M$ wont let me in MY account

This topic is locked from further discussion.

klepp0906

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By klepp0906
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts

Im exhausted, ive told this same story a half a dozen times now... but here goes once again.

I am an avid gamer. An avid gamer who was diagnosed with stomach cancer several years ago. At the time I was living at home with my father and had no insurance. My girlfriend and I held many fundraisers and garage sales to pay for my treatment. These garage sales included selling everything up to and including my motorcycle, car, tv, and all my consoles.

Here I am years later and ive beaten the cancer, ive married the woman who was my girlfriend at the time, ive purchased my own home and I even have baby number 1 on the way. I figured its time to get my toys back. With this years tax return I got an xbox one, a Playstation 4, and a Wii U.

The problem i immedately ran into was the inability to recover my password on all three. I changed ISPs when I moved out of my fathers house and I did contact them (my old ISP) but was informed that after 30 days the account is deleted. The best they could do was provide me with the credit card digits I used at the time.

Ive also changed cell phone numbers since (several times actually). Ive also changed credit card numbers (when yhou get married you tend to polish off debt, combine cards, etc).

Now let me start by saying both Sony and Nintendo have given me my account information and transferred it to my current email with very little effort. Microsoft has me tearing my hair out.

They want the console ID or they wont give me my account back. UMM I SOLD THE CONSOLE YEARS AGO!!!! Do they think people write this stuff down when they sell their property? What if it breaks? I mean... talk about insane right? To top it off, the system is automated so a computer gets to decide if ive provided enough information from YEARS AGO.

Of course they dont ask anything that is NON MALLEABLE like your SSN, DOB, NAME, ADDRESS as identifying information. They want to know the subjects of the most recent emails sent from an address from YEARS AGO that wasnt even tied to "live" at the time. It was purely a login for my xbox live gamertag on my xbox 360.

They give you another option, the custom folders you created in the inbox. SERIOUSLYI!?!

Anyways, I dont want to carry on. Ive now been locked out for 24 hours at a time 3 days in a row. When I offered to fax or email my birth certificate, my drivers license, or my social security card/number i was told "Thats not how we do things"... WHAT?!?!?!?! Im literally beside myself.

Who makes up this stuff at microsoft.. its beyond comprehension that the biggest tech company in the world has such little foresight and treats its customers this way.

I mean.. the last 5 digits off of any prepaid card I used? Yea i make a habit of filing away little paper xbox live gold cards from the better part of a decade in the PAST.

I'm to the point I dont even care about the achievement points. I dont even care about the DLC ive paid for with my own loyal money. I simply want my gamertag back and to tie it to my new/permanent email address. I have a very bad memory, due in part to several years of very powerful medication. Im also a bit OCD, however irrelevant. I want to use the username ive used all my life, the same one tied to my email, the same one used on my computer, my playstation, my wii... everything. Yet microsoft seems insistent on protecting me from ... myself?

Im sure they can see that it hasnt been logged into IN YEARS. Nor will it be ever again if they dont remove their heads from their nether regions.

So you want my console ID? Thats the end all/be all? So whoever I sold my xbox360 to years ago can just call up and get into my account eh? Or is the account supposed to be sold/come with the xbox is that the idea?

Ive tried to be civil and polite but i will do whatever it takes to get my account back. If i have to actually pony up money for legal counsel, i'll be coming for more than restitution. I know it sounds silly over an account but its the point now. I never could have imagined that i would be refused my own account even after offering up goverment issued identifying information...

So someone please help me get my account back. Ive called now, ive dealt with people in chat.. ive done the email thing.. the automated thing.

I have no xbox360 with the console ID from my account. Its LOOONG gone.

I cant get in the email - it no longer exists.

I can prove who I am beyond a shadow of a doubt to the judiciary system of our country, but thats not enough for M$? Nevermind im the ONLY person with my name in the eastern united states and my gamertag is essentially my first initial, last name, and date of birth. /sigh...

Im livid.

Help so I can use/enjoy my new xbox one. I cant deal w/ this kind of stress over something so trivial. A number to high level management above the CSR rejects would be a start. I am literally beside myself. ive offered them the type of information that would pass government scrutiny. That would be adequate to buy a 100,000 dollar car... But nope, cant get you into your xbox account. /nauseous

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

I had the same problem. Couldn't remember an email address I set it up with years ago. Ended up just starting a new account when I bought the Xbox One.

The process was just too much of a hassle and I wasn't ever going to remember the old email password. I don't care about gamerscore so starting a new account for me wasn't a big deal.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

Obvious forum spamming.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11856 Posts

How can you be literally beside yourself? Sorry I just couldn't resist.

Minus beating cancer and marrying my girlfriend, the same basic thing happened to me. After numerous conversations, transfers, dropped calls, more calls, giving my information multiple times, more transfers and some unbelievably rude operators, eventually I had to change my GT and resign up. My proposal is to let it go. I'm sure this is not the suggestion you were looking for, but this problem will only cause you grief and stress. Along with Comcast, M$ is known for their frustratingly terrible customer service.

I couldn't even re-sign up under my original GT name, I had to just start a new account.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I'm sorry you're going through this problem, I can understand how frustrating it can be especially over something so trivial. But unfortunately there's nothing we can do for you (unless you don't mind making a new account). I guess you can keep trying to fight it with Microsoft, but is it worth all that trouble?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

@busterfriendly said:

Obvious forum spamming.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Shit sucks man. Keep trying. Literally keep asking for someone higher up if they aren't able to assists you further. I kept doing this with the playstation team when my second ps3 had it's blue ray drive die and they wanted me to pay up again even after two of their products failed the exact same way. Took a bit but person after person, 6 later I had worked out 3 free games, though i still needed to pay for the repair. Be a hard ass and don't take no for an answer. It's your money they are essentially stealing from you don't let them without a fight.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@SecretPolice: Many people take large posts like this and spread them out on several sights. I know I have, and others on here have as well. So I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Unless it's the same post on 30 sites.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SecretPolice

@ribstaylor1 said:

@SecretPolice: Many people take large posts like this and spread them out on several sights. I know I have, and others on here have as well. So I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Unless it's the same post on 30 sites.

TBH, the OP was a TL;DR for me and I suppose I just did something cheap like just quoting the other guy with no comment myself. Eh, actually don't even remember doing it lol.Anyhooey, sure thing man, he gets the benefit of the doubt, good luck TC.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SecretPolice

Wow, well I read that and grats on beating the big C, Funny enough, I had an issue like that about a year or two ago. When I was signing on to XBL on 360 it was asking for my password and heck, I set the XBL up in 2001 the day it went live and been a member ever since. I went round & round also is yeah man, frustrating as all hell. The email I used in 2001 was long canceled. I went on the Xbox site and tried the whole recover password and failed, failed and failed some more. Anyway long story short, I wracked by brain for days trying all kinds of different passwords I've used though all my years and finally came up with the right one and was able to get in my account, delete that old email and replaced it with my current one.

Haven't had an issue since. Just try that same approach I guess, I hope you come up with your old password my friend, good luck.

EDIT: One more thing, Xbox customer service said they can create a password that only works for 24 hours where you can get into your account and make changes though ever time they said they sent the password to my phone as text, I never got it though they swore they were sending it, I dunno, luckily as I said, I was able to fix it up myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I have never really had this problem, so Idk? I had a 360 for a few years, and then I sold it and wasn't playing any XBox games for a good 3 years or so. And I was able to start using my XBO with my LIVE account that I used before, no problems whatsoever. If you forgot the email account you used, that is kind of on you.