Opinions on HMCC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for sociopathically
Sociopathically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Sociopathically
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

What are all of your thoughts on Halo MCC for XB1, I have already pre ordered it but want to know some others thoughts/opinions on it

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I'm a fairly big Halo fan, not part of the most hardcore, but I love the series, and except for Halo 2, I pretty much played every Halo game quite a bit, and I could say not a single one of them disappointed me in any significant way.

I'm very excited for the MCC for many reasons, but I will list a few of my most important ones:

-Obviously, being able to replay these games with better graphics and 60fps, that will do wonders for an already amazing gameplay system(the 60fps part). It's not just 1 game, but 4.....that's a lot of value.

-I'm very excited for the new show and how it will lead up to halo 5, and MCC apprently gives us access to the show(it's unclear how much though, if only the premiere or more).

-I'm looking forward to replaying HAlo 1-4 back to back to get a refresher on the story, prior to Halo 5....there are a lot of details about the Halo story that I forgot or never really knew.

-For various reasons I never really got a chance to play Halo 2, and I hear it is great.....finally I will be able to discover what I have missed.

-Having all 4 games in one place that I can play online on Xbox One, that's just amazing for many reasons, not to mention I really like the Xbox One controller, and these games will give us our Halo fix until Halo 5 is released.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Halo 1 is the only game I played all the way through. I am looking forward to this collection a lot. I just went to preorder it at best buy today.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I've got it pre-downloaded & ready to go. I'm a massive Halo fan so obviously I'm very excited.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I own all the Halo's. I'm not getting this package since I already own all these games and bought them at full price ($50-$60 each, actually more $$$ since I bough the Collector's Editions). I overplayed these games and still own them if I wish to play them again. So, I'm not interested in this package even though I own an Xbone.

I buy new machines to experience new games, not replay old ones I have sitting in front of me. I really am sick of these remasters honestly.

Waiting patiently for Halo 5.

CrimsonTriden7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CrimsonTriden7
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

I am not preordering it but I will pick it up the first chance that I get.

It will be fun to play through all of the Halo games again with them being touched up graphics wise and it will help me get hyped up for Halo 5.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SolidTy

@sociopathically said:

What are all of your thoughts on Halo MCC for XB1, I have already pre ordered it but want to know some others thoughts/opinions on it

I'm a huge Halo fan, I own them all. I played the MP to death in every single one. I own the Collector's Editions. I got the helmets and the statues and the special cases. I own two original Halo green Xbox's. I own a special Xbox Halo 360.

I own an launch Xbone. I bought the 360 on launch day 2005. I bought the Xbox on launch 2001. I own every single Halo game by Bungie and the few not done by Bungie.

I'm not buying the MasterChief Collection. I already had my time with these games and played them to death. Hell, I still own them.

I bought my Xbone for new generation experiences that I haven't had before. Replaying games I paid top dollar for and played to death is not at the top of my agenda.

I might buy this collection next year for $20 if I don't have other games I'd rather buy, but I'm hoping new IPs and new games like Halo 5 will be releasing instead. One day they might release a Halo Uber 4K collection containing Halos 1-8 for Xbox 4, but I won't buy it either. I'll be patiently waiting for Halo 9.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

^ Uh, you responded twice to the same post...5 days apart. Although with an exhausting amount of additional information included this time.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidTy

@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

^ Uh, you responded twice to the same post...5 days apart. Although with an exhausting amount of additional information included this time.

Apologies, I thought this was a new thread.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I only played the original Halo halfway through then got sidetracked so I am really looking forward to playing all 4 games remastered. It's the reason I bought an Xbox One. I don't see how anyone can argue with four top quality games for the price of one that perfectly sets them up for Halo 5.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I have been excited about the game, but yesterday I finally decided to go ahead and pre-order it. Since I've done that, well now I'm even more excited. I've got not one, but two big XBO games to play within a few weeks of each other.

I think my plan is to just sit down and play through all four games at my own pace, on Normal mode, once I get the MCC. I have never played Halo 2 or 4 before, so that should be a real treat. And I didn't give enough attention to Halo CE Anniversary when I had it, so now I can complete the anniversary edition finally. But surprisingly, I'm also really excited to play Halo 3 - my first Halo game - again. Especially since Halo 3 is said to benefit from the better tech.

My LIVE expired, so I don't think online play will be on the agenda right away. Idk, we'll see. But I will already have so much sheer game content there from the get-go... That really won't be an issue for me.

AK47Ra1der

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AK47Ra1der
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I am actually really pumped for this to come out. I was pretty big into Halo 2 and it got me into competitive gaming. When I heard they were making this collection my friends and I all got very excited. Plan on doing some competitions for Halo 2 for sure. I played Halo 3 probably more than any other game, so I will be playing that a bit too. But my main focus will be Halo 2. I will be playing a lot and will beat all of the stories on legendary again to enjoy that one more time, actually never beat Halo 4 so that will at least be something new.

So yeah, overall I am pretty excited!

CrossFire245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 CrossFire245
Member since 2007 • 1085 Posts

@Ovirew: If you're looking for a good renewal deal on Gold subscriptions, cdkeys.com has them for like $39 (I know the site seems sketchy, but I read the reviews, gave it a go, and got a great deal on renewal). Just throwing it out there FYI.