One ring of death?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by A_Baker (1 posts) -

This is my bulls#!t experience with the Xbox360, first it got one flashing red light, i called MS and they told me that i my 360 was of of warranty(no 3 year warranty for one red flashing light) so it couldn't be repaired. So i called my local game shop and ask for advice and they told me to wrap it in a towel and let it fry. So I did, but it didn't fry it started to work for about week, then i got the 3rod so i called Microsoft and the sent me my coffin. so if you get one flashing red light wrap it in a towel to get the 3rods of death so you can get it repaired.

Also i mailed my xbox360 a couple of days ago and it made it to the repair centre in canada my question is how long do i have to wait? Also i live in winnipeg

#2 Posted by PiNwOrM (2030 posts) -

This is my bulls#!t experience with the Xbox360, first it got one flashing red light, i called MS and they told me that i my 360 was of of warranty(no 3 year warranty for one red flashing light) so it couldn't be repaired. So i called my local game shop and ask for advice and they told me to wrap it in a towel and let it fry. So I did, but it didn't fry it started to work for about week, then i got the 3rod so i called Microsoft and the sent me my coffin. so if you get one flashing red light wrap it in a towel to get the 3rods of death so you can get it repaired.

Also i mailed my xbox360 a couple of days ago and it made it to the repair centre in canada my question is how long do i have to wait? Also i live in winnipeg

A_Baker

That's sort of the great thing about the 360.. if you get any error, fry it, force the RROD, then get it repaired free. :D. Okay, that's not a good thing that it breaks this much, but still, it's nice to be able to get it fixed free.

I live in Ottawa, Ontario. I got my RROD a month ago, and 6 days after I made my call, I got my Xbox back. That includes waiting for the Coffin. So the wait wasn't that long, at least not here. I was expecting 6 weeks since I live in Canada, but nope, just 6 days.

#3 Posted by gameplaya4lyf (584 posts) -
Maybe the other two lights broke in the ring, and that gave you 1 light oh and mine has been gone for like 8 days now
#4 Posted by clyde46 (43542 posts) -
mines got the RRoD, waiting to ring UPS on monday so they can pick it up. Tried it this morning and it now works:? but i doubt it will work for long. So its best going back to M$.
#5 Posted by world_at_war_17 (1 posts) -
well what if i threw away my box that my xbox came in would they send me sumthin to send it back in?
#6 Posted by Assassin9039 (17 posts) -

A_Baker

i got the 1rrod to so i called ms and told them i seen 3 and sent it in :)

#7 Posted by sLiPz1984 (227 posts) -
I'm fairly certain the repair centre is in Mississauga, ON right next to TO so that might be a bit of a wait out in Winnipeg.
#8 Posted by villin09 (1 posts) -
yea man i have that same problem as also so im juss doing what you did put a towel around it and fry it! after its down would it work like u could actully play but only for awhile?