One game you wish you could re-experience

• 155 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -
There's nothing better than experiencing a game for the very first time. Fresh out of the case. Level one. Learning how to play the game and everything. What's the one game you wish you could completely re-experience? For me it would have to be the first assassins creed. At the time there was NOTHING else quite like it, and I was completely hooked from start to finish...and now I can't get myself to play the game WHATSOEVER
#2 Posted by RepoxMan1225 (6 posts) -

For me it would either be Halo 1 or 2, or Bioshock.

#3 Posted by boredom_kills (190 posts) -

Easy... Fallout 3. I had no expectations for or knowledge of what it would be like when I started it. And that feeling, stepping out Vault 101 for first time... seeing the monument in the distance and realising that if I didn't want to go to Megaton right away, the game wasn't going to make me. Yeah... I'd LOVE to experience that again.

#4 Posted by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

Fallout 3 and Silent Hill 2

#5 Posted by Legend002 (7043 posts) -

Resident Evil 4. Every single moment in that game blew my socks off.

[edit]

On Xbox 360, Gears of War 3.

#6 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -
Loved RE4
#7 Posted by Schreek (1636 posts) -

Bioshock

#8 Posted by V4LENT1NE (12895 posts) -
Oblivion on the Xbox 360, WoW on PC.
#9 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -
I also wish I could re experience dead space all over again. I don't know WHY, but I was so hooked. Beat it like 6 times lol
#10 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

KOTOR

#11 Posted by xOMGITSJASONx (2634 posts) -

For Xbox 360 Gears of War. That game was truely next/current-gen when it released.

#12 Posted by Alex_Kroket (11 posts) -
Mass Effect 1 & 2, they were truly a fantastic experience first time around.
#13 Posted by sukraj (22308 posts) -

far cry 3

#14 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -
Agreed!! I change mine to gears as well. I remember when I first saw the graphics. My jaw just dropped. I was mesmerized
#15 Posted by nyc05 (10178 posts) -

On 360, 2 games come to mind:

• BioShock
  • Oblivion

My mouth was literally open whilst playing. My memories of those two games will live forever. I only wish I could experience them for the first time all over again.

#16 Posted by mrgab (23302 posts) -
Bioshock as my #1 choice. Also COD4 and Saints Row 2
#17 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -
Or Gears of war!
#18 Posted by Explosive_Bagel (156 posts) -
Fallout 3, no doubt.
#19 Posted by wiliswene (7 posts) -
I didn't want to go to Megaton right away, the game wasn't going to make me.
#20 Posted by badlalo59 (899 posts) -
Dead Space without a doubt.
#21 Posted by x-2tha-z (8896 posts) -
Dark Souls. Your first time through Dark Souls is incredible. There's really nothing like it.
#22 Posted by boredom_kills (190 posts) -

^^ I've had Dark Souls sitting on my shelf for a month. I REALLY need to get started on it!

#23 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -

^^ I've had Dark Souls sitting on my shelf for a month. I REALLY need to get started on it!

boredom_kills
You should!! Even if its damn hard
#24 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

Thief 2: The Metal Age.

On Xbox: Bioshock or Fallout New Vegas/Fallout 3

#25 Posted by Sn00pyBrown (1061 posts) -

Gta San Andreas

#26 Posted by a55a55inx (4162 posts) -
Metal Gear Solid (on original playstation), Halo CE and Oblivion.
#27 Posted by Primordialous (1276 posts) -

Halo 3 & Halo: Reach.

#28 Posted by insane_metalist (5992 posts) -

I bought my first 360 along with a copy of Gears of War back when it first came out. I was blown away! I thought, the game was absolutely stunning in every way possible! I didn't like the whole achievement thing but Gears of War made me like achievements, I had to get every single one of them! I just couldn't stop playing the game for years and years! It's been a little while since I played it. Just few days ago.. I started replaying the campaign! I just wish, a lot of people still played it online. So.. I have to go with Gears of War ORIGINAL! :p

#29 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -

I bought my first 360 along with a copy of Gears of War back when it first came out. I was blown away! I thought, the game was absolutely stunning in every way possible! I didn't like the whole achievement thing but Gears of War made me like achievements, I had to get every single one of them! I just couldn't stop playing the game for years and years! It's been a little while since I played it. Just few days ago.. I started replaying the campaign! I just wish, a lot of people still played it online. So.. I have to go with Gears of War ORIGINAL! :p

insane_metalist
solid choice my friend
#30 Posted by boredom_kills (190 posts) -
[QUOTE="boredom_kills"]

jgould_6

It being hard isn't what's stopping me... it's more that it's HUGE! I've recently played Far Cry 3 and Borderlands 2 so want to play a couple of shorter, less involving games before I start another life-swallower.
#31 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -
[QUOTE="jgould_6"][QUOTE="boredom_kills"]

boredom_kills

It being hard isn't what's stopping me... it's more that it's HUGE! I've recently played Far Cry 3 and Borderlands 2 so want to play a couple of shorter, less involving games before I start another life-swallower.

Hahaha makes total sense! Sometimes it's just too much!
#32 Posted by driftingsilvia (4089 posts) -

World of Warcraft, Resident Evil 1, Gran Turismo, Tomb Raider 1, Final Fantasy 7

#33 Posted by NicotineKid (1475 posts) -

KOTOR

Ilovegames1992

Yes, indeed.

#34 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

KOTOR

NicotineKid

Yes, indeed.

Loved KOTOR!
#35 Posted by con_matrix (200 posts) -

GTA IV Definitely

#36 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -

GTA IV Definitely

con_matrix
I'd have to say VICE CITY instead. I loved the crap out of that game
#37 Posted by nolzwin (362 posts) -

I can't believe no one has mentioned Red Dead Redemption ! When I unlocked Mexico and you enter on horseback with that music in the background , WOW! I seriously can not wait for the next installment. I have heard it is in development but I dont know if it will be for the 360 or the nextbox. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oWKCp102ic

#38 Posted by Hicser03 (109 posts) -

FF7, Metal gear solid, Kotor, Super Metroid and Halo CE, but if i had to absolutely choose one probs be Kotor.

#40 Posted by RichySe7en (24 posts) -
Resident Evil 4 is my greatest gaming experience with Dark Souls close behind, Oblivion deserves a mention. Packed to the absolute brim with memorable and jaw dropping moments throughout.
#41 Posted by debryson (13 posts) -

Skyrim or Knights of the Old Republic. Those two, but maybe Fallout 3 and Batman Arkham Asylum as well.

#42 Posted by PurpleSmile (1068 posts) -
some old games like Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry 3 and Metal Gear Solid 3. I wanna play it again.. you know.. makes me remember my childhood :)
#43 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -
some old games like Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry 3 and Metal Gear Solid 3. I wanna play it again.. you know.. makes me remember my childhood :)PurpleSmile
I agree with all three! God I LOVED mgs3
#44 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25609 posts) -
Halo: Combat Evolved, Bioshock, KOTOR and Resi 4.
#45 Posted by jeffkaos (4 posts) -

Easy... Fallout 3. I had no expectations for or knowledge of what it would be like when I started it. And that feeling, stepping out Vault 101 for first time... seeing the monument in the distance and realising that if I didn't want to go to Megaton right away, the game wasn't going to make me. Yeah... I'd LOVE to experience that again.

boredom_kills
That's how all Bethesda games seem to me: you start in a confining area like a Vault in FO or the Sewers in Oblivion, and learn the basics. Then you emerge into the world and can pretty much do anything. So I'd like to replay any Bethesda game again for the first time but I'd probably lean for Oblivion. There's just something about emerging from the sewers and seeing the blue sky overhead and an Alyid ruin off in the distance across the lake where a small boat is tied up to a dock several yards ahead of you. And then you turn around and see the imposing walls of the capital looming above you. LOL, having *ckoke* a hard time typing. I think some, uh, dust got in my eyes.
#46 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

WOW on PC.

On my 360 it would probably be Alan Wake.

#47 Posted by jgould_6 (53 posts) -

WOW on PC.

On my 360 it would probably be Alan Wake.

_TheJoker_
Alan wake! What an experience. I remember just smiling while playing the whole game. Completely kept my attention from start to finish
#48 Posted by outworld222 (2414 posts) -

Can you believe it's Goldeneye 007?? Such fond memories of that game.

#49 Posted by Mo-licious (595 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

KOTOR

NicotineKid

Yes, indeed.

I agree, loved KOTOR. Couch coop tho .. gotta go with Halo, GoW but kudos to Hunter The Redeemer. I played HtR with my husband and niece and even tho it was a button masher we had a blast playing it together. Good times. :)
#50 Posted by Skinon (86 posts) -

Resident Evil, The first and second ones.

I remember playing these in my school days. Awesome scary nights playing this with mates and a 24 pack of coke!