oblivion texture problems ????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 bindip
Member since 2005 • 2585 Posts
Well i was playing oblivion and i noticed the sky wasnt nice and blue no more when it should be.........so i restarted the console went to the same place and the sky was sunny and blue.......so i played the game for a while killed some stuff go put int jail and yet again the sky was not blue or sunny it was just grey........

grey skys looked very plain so i waited and still the same i also noticed i couldnt see furthur ahead as much as i could before.

but that main problem is hte sky it just goes grey when it should i think something isnt loading or something im not sure..

there were no oblivion gates near this area.........i was around the imperial city.

this is only happing in oblivion not any other games ????? is my oblivion broke.

http://www.tweakguides.com/images/Oblivion_11b.jpg

sorta looks like the image above but its just grey

XL70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 XL70
Member since 2004 • 1196 Posts
There are different weather conditions in Oblivion - are you sure its not just cloudy skies, ready to rain?
Avatar image for residentevilboy
residentevilboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 residentevilboy
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts
Are you sure that it is broken?  What time of day is (was) it?  I have noticed that at some very specific times of day (near dawn and dusk)  lighting just sucks (its the type of lighting where it is pretty dark, and yet a torch doesnt seem to provide additional light.  Mabey this could be the issue.  I have never really payed attention to the sky honestly, could it possibly be getting ready to rain?  Fog maybe?  I have never experienced fog tho..  I hope this helps, and it would be a sham if your Oblivion is broken, 360 games are not cheap, and if its starting to wig out then chances are then it might keep wigging out.  Best of luck!
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bindip
There are different weather conditions in Oblivion - are you sure its not just cloudy skies, ready to rain?XL70

nah i no how it looks when its ready to rain or raining this is really strange its just grey skys and u cant make out the clouds etc.
XL70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XL70
That pic you linked doesn't display.
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bindip
Are you sure that it is broken? What time of day is (was) it? I have noticed that at some very specific times of day (near dawn and dusk) lighting just sucks (its the type of lighting where it is pretty dark, and yet a torch doesnt seem to provide additional light. Mabey this could be the issue. I have never really payed attention to the sky honestly, could it possibly be getting ready to rain? Fog maybe? I have never experienced fog tho.. I hope this helps, and it would be a sham if your Oblivion is broken, 360 games are not cheap, and if its starting to wig out then chances are then it might keep wigging out. Best of luck!residentevilboy

i test it at between 11 am - 3 pm when the sun and effects look the best its just a big fat grey sky and im like is that supposed to be there at this time then i wait for night time and theres no stars etc as well
XL70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XL70
[QUOTE="XL70"]There are different weather conditions in Oblivion - are you sure its not just cloudy skies, ready to rain?bindip

nah i no how it looks when its ready to rain or raining this is really strange its just grey skys and u cant make out the clouds etc.

It sounds like you need to clear the cache. Press and hold A while the game is booting up. You can let go when the "Bethesda softworks" logo comes up.
Chester02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chester02
Member since 2003 • 80 Posts
He may be right, I started a new game the other day and in the prison cell where there should be a beam of light comming up from the window (if I remember correctly) the light was purple. It was a big purple triangle and at some other point, the ground was black, completely. I don't know why, and my game is as new...
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bindip
[QUOTE="bindip"][QUOTE="XL70"]There are different weather conditions in Oblivion - are you sure its not just cloudy skies, ready to rain?XL70

It sounds like you need to clear the cache. Press and hold A while the game is booting up. You can let go when the "Bethesda softworks" logo comes up.

yea i do that..........hummmmmmm sounds very strange i mean u can play fine but oblivion looks great so a bug like this is just abit off putting ;(
budorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 budorz
Member since 2003 • 1406 Posts
it happens to me also.. im sure its the high dynamic range and its a little messed up.. barely look at the sky so your xhair is going slow and you'll notice the change at the point where it will be sunny
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bindip
it happens to me also.. im sure its the high dynamic range and its a little messed up.. barely look at the sky so your xhair is going slow and you'll notice the change at the point where it will be sunnybudorz

yea i had a feeling its HDR.........what do i do with the x hair look at the floor or something for a while ?
parshanb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 parshanb
Member since 2004 • 1347 Posts
Oblivion has some amazing graphics even thou the textures arnt that good as gears
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bindip
Oblivion has some amazing graphics even thou the textures arnt that good as gearsparshanb

yea but i think this 1 is a problem with the game
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bindip
just tryed to load it up and it said the disk is dirty when there isnt even a mark on the disk restarted the console and it works again 
lombado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lombado
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
I think you're just crazy! Its suppose to be greay sometimes.
lombado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lombado
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
just tryed to load it up and it said the disk is dirty when there isnt even a mark on the disk restarted the console and it works again bindip
sorry, i missed this. I would just get a new disc
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
just tryed to load it up and it said the disk is dirty when there isnt even a mark on the disk restarted the console and it works again bindip
That might be the problem, then. There is a defect in your disc so it's having a problem loading things on the fly.
Wardenb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wardenb
Member since 2006 • 706 Posts
get yourself a disk cleaner, not your shirt or the carpet tho..... an actual item made for cleaning disks, clean your disk, and look for any scratches that are a little deeper than you would want them, it may be theres a scratch on your disks were the skys data is stored, however you may just need to clean your case, and there is a time were the sky should GREEEYYY GREEEYYY GREEYYYY !!!!!!!!! i mean its not always sunny in Cyrodail (or how ever it is spelt)