Oblivion hint (I wouldn't call it a cheat) that no site ever mentions...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Matmoo_Wii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Matmoo_Wii60
Member since 2006 • 361 Posts

If you have an unreasonably high bounty that you can't pay off (or don't want to pay off), or have you stolen something from Bruma and don't know what to do when the guards are breathing down your neck. Well, I have a fairly good solution to this. Fast travel to Bruma, or if you're already there then stay there and get caught by the guards. Then go to jail, yes you heard me right, go to jail. Serve your sentence and when you leave you'll find all your stolen goods will be gone! Obviously, for criminal scum like you, you and you, this isn't quite what you had in mind, so go back into the castle (make sure you have a few lockpicks with you). Once inside, make your way down to the dungeons, where you will find a guard sitting at his desk staring at you. Make your way over to the evidence box and enter sneak mode. 50% of the time he'll keep watching you, and if this happens go down the corridor a little further to the door which leads to the cells. It will need to be picked, but the door is out of the site of the guard so you can pick it no problem. Go through the door and find one of the prisoners, they will generally be Nords. Pick the cell door and open it. The prisoner will just stand there (so much for 'radiant AI') so give him a punch or two and then run up through the doorto the guard. The guard will run down the corridor and into the room to kill the prisoner, this leaves you on your own with the evidence box. The lock difficulty is 'very easy' so you should have no problems picking the lock. When you open the box all of your possessions will still be there! Take everything you want back and leave. The guards never suspect anything, and you will have a bounty of 0. A perfect way of paying off your bounty without actually paying (or losing) anything.

Trust me, it's a lot easier than it sounds.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
been done, but thanks anyway, this could potentially help a lot of people out (and even provide a few minutes fun) though i dont steal much :P
Matmoo_Wii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Matmoo_Wii60
Member since 2006 • 361 Posts
Yeh, it's just, you can do it anywhere, but Bruma is so easy when compared to the rest of them. It's as if Bethesda didn't design it properly or summin... 
kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kyle_toker
Member since 2004 • 4950 Posts
lol thats not a cheat at all... you can get your good in any jail