not all of 11.6 million 360s are defective

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jay_k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 jay_k3
Member since 2006 • 477 Posts

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2194478/microsoft-gives-details-xbox

Recently there was an article that stated that all 11.6 million 360s were defective. This article states otherwise. It explains that there are multiple factors that can cause the redlights from occuring and not all 360s are affected by these factors. The article also states that MS is giving an extended warranty to cover the 360s that have been affected by these specific factors that cause the redlights. I guess it makes sense, but who knows.

r11011b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 r11011b
Member since 2006 • 487 Posts

I hope you're right. I have a launch 360 that's been working perfectly (knock on wood), and I've always had a good track record with consoles (the sound shorts out on my Atari...that's about it). It'd suck to have one fail at this point.

Alpha172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Alpha172
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
Before they can be released in fact or already in facts and it is black and white I would like to say all 360 is defective and bad because it is made in China.
ThaSod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ThaSod
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts
I thought they were made in Poland or somewhere in Eastern Europe
NetDuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 NetDuke
Member since 2003 • 155 Posts
i know 6 people included me.. we have all gotten a xbox360 that broke within a year. I must say i was a huge sony fan until the 360 came along.. it's best far my favorite console "i have em' all" but... the noise it makes and the failure rate kills me.. :(
ThaSod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ThaSod
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts

woops my bad-

No surprises here. Both Flextronics and Wistron, veteran manufacturers of the first Xbox, will be churning out Xbox 360s, along with newcomer Celestica. All three companies have plants in the Pearl River Delta region of Southern China.

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
You cannot blame the consoles reliability downfalls for where its built. The only people you CAN blame are the people who design it.
But, Ive just this minute packed up my launch console to get sent to MS for repair. This is the 2nd time its happened to me. What a joke.
BlaqStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 BlaqStar
Member since 2002 • 1111 Posts

^^^

I'm with you... I'm still on a launch xbox with no problems.

Elias_Vaughn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Elias_Vaughn
Member since 2004 • 395 Posts

You cannot blame the consoles reliability downfalls for where its built. The only people you CAN blame are the people who design it.
But, Ive just this minute packed up my launch console to get sent to MS for repair. This is the 2nd time its happened to me. What a joke.
VinnoT

Actually, you can. If what's been reported on recent safety issues with stuff from China is anything to go by, they're using cheaper alternatives at times. Don't dismiss it so quickly. It IS possible, just not very likely.