No signal on TV...sound is working.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Vuurk (6258 posts) -

Just recently I've been experiencing some video issues with my 360.

I was playing my 360 yesterday and the color got all messed up. I rebooted my xbox and the problem was fixed. Now I was playing again today and the colors went wacko again. I rebooted my xbox again but this time my HDTV is just saying no signal. The sound still works normal but for some reason my TV isn't showing any picture.

I tried switching every cable around and changing it from TV/HDTV. I basically tried every possible combination and still nothing is working. I'm wondering if maybe my graphics card is ruined.

My xbox is no longer covered by the standard warranty. If my graphics card is ruined, how much would it cost to get fixed?

What about the possibility of forcing my xbox 360 to RROD and sending it in to get fixed.

Any info/help is much appreciated!

#2 Posted by RyanJ71 (32 posts) -

buy a new component cable? or possibly check the plugs to make sure no debris or dust and crap is inside it and in the plugs for the tv. Borrow a friends cable just to make sure.

#3 Posted by Vuurk (6258 posts) -
I'll try that...anyone have a similar experience to mine or have any other ideas?
#4 Posted by trangard (1 posts) -

Test your tv with another unit (dvd player etc).

Tried HDMI?

Sounds more like a TV error to me than the 360. Do you get sound in menus and stuff using the 360 controller swapping pages?

#5 Posted by Vuurk (6258 posts) -

Test your tv with another unit (dvd player etc).

Tried HDMI?

Sounds more like a TV error to me than the 360. Do you get sound in menus and stuff using the 360 controller swapping pages?

trangard
I kind of doubt it is the TV since I just got it a few months ago. Yes, I get sound when using the controller to change menus but don't see any picture on the tv at all. It just says no signal. I don't have HDMI cables for my xbox. Just the standard HD ones.
#6 Posted by Dredg11 (1266 posts) -

Just recently I've been experiencing some video issues with my 360.

I was playing my 360 yesterday and the color got all messed up. I rebooted my xbox and the problem was fixed. Now I was playing again today and the colors went wacko again. I rebooted my xbox again but this time my HDTV is just saying no signal. The sound still works normal but for some reason my TV isn't showing any picture.

I tried switching every cable around and changing it from TV/HDTV. I basically tried every possible combination and still nothing is working. I'm wondering if maybe my graphics card is ruined.

My xbox is no longer covered by the standard warranty. If my graphics card is ruined, how much would it cost to get fixed?

What about the possibility of forcing my xbox 360 to RROD and sending it in to get fixed.

Any info/help is much appreciated!

Vuurk

By the sounds of it, your GPU is crapping out. Meaning you'll either get an "E" error soon, or the RROD. Either way, MS will fix it when it happens.

#7 Posted by Bane_v2 (6104 posts) -
Try connecting something else like a DVD player to the same input the 360 is using. If you get a picture it's a problem with the 360 and I would call 1-800-4MY-XBOX.
#8 Posted by Vuurk (6258 posts) -
And what if I don't get a RROD? That's the only warranty my xbox is currently covered by.
#9 Posted by Vuurk (6258 posts) -
Any ideas?
#10 Posted by yoshi204 (2 posts) -

man, im having the same exact problem. Ive had the RROD problem since sometime last year, and 360 has been crashing on me about once a month. Fortunately i figured out a way to fix the red lights, and did it each time. BUt then 360 decides to give me more **** by showing me no pic all of a sudden.

the symptoms leading to the blank was the same. I tried putting thermal compound on the gpu, but nothing. Does anyone know how much microsoft will charge me to fix it? my warranty is totally ****

#11 Posted by mikeypu (1 posts) -
i had this exact problem. I know for definite its not my tv, at 1st the colours went odd then went off all together. At first i thought it was my tv i have since tried 3 Tvs both with multiple AV and HDMI cables with no joy. I have never had RROD and was only playing for 30 minutes prior to the problem with the xbox in the middle of the room with plenty of space. Is this just a case of ring microsoft? iv had it over a year now and have no idea where the reciept could be iv moved house twice since buying it
#12 Posted by zombiejonny (8277 posts) -

i had the same problem about a year ago and i had to send in my 360 to microsoft to get a different one. I think you have to do the same.

#13 Posted by Morning_Revival (3475 posts) -
Same thing happened to me. I bought a new Component Cable, but it still didnt work so I had to send it in.