No love for Killer Instinct?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

It's been surprising to me that no one talks about KI on this forum.

To me, this is the most appealing title for the Xbox one on launch day, and the only game I'm getting on day one, but why is no one talking about it?

Why is it that people think it's going to be bad, or not worthy?

#2 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

Perhaps the majority of this forum is <25 years old?

#3 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19635 posts) -

I will be playing Forza day one and I am sceptical of how KI is going to work with them saying it will be season DLC otherwise I would have got it since I had the original on the SNES.

#4 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13780 posts) -

Its got nothing on the Boob Simulator ! If your game doesn't allow the characters to move side to side then you have failed as a developer. Jiggle Physics For The Win !

#5 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

@danabo said:

Perhaps the majority of this forum is <25 years old?

Yeah, that probably is the reason... I suppose old game franchises without fatalities have nothing to appeal to the new gamers... sigh.

Also, I'm excited for the version that comes with the original KI :P

#6 Edited by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

@Nintendo_Man said:

I will be playing Forza day one and I am sceptical of how KI is going to work with them saying it will be season DLC otherwise I would have got it since I had the original on the SNES.

Yeah, in the long term it can get expensive if you want all characters, but all 8 for 40 bucks is not that much really... Specially considering the price tag on new gen games!

That's actually why I'm not buying any on launch day, the week after launch I'll be travelling to USA so maybe I can buy them for much less than the price in Europe (and be able to play them off and online).

#7 Posted by marcheegsr (2847 posts) -

Not really into fighting games.

#8 Posted by Alucard_Prime (3043 posts) -

The last thing you should be doing is using Gamespot as a measure of how anticipated a game is. This site has been going downhill in the past few months, one can barely post anything these days without a Sony fan jumping out of the woodwork to proclaim how the ps4 is superior and how Sony loves its customers. I'm very much looking forward to KI, and I have posted almost nothing about this game on the gamespot forums. I recommend you go elsewhere for KI related discussions.

#9 Edited by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -
@Alucard_Prime said:

The last thing you should be doing is using Gamespot as a measure of how anticipated a game is. This site has been going downhill in the past few months, one can barely post anything these days without a Sony fan jumping out of the woodwork to proclaim how the ps4 is superior and how Sony loves its customers. I'm very much looking forward to KI, and I have posted almost nothing about this game on the gamespot forums. I recommend you go elsewhere for KI related discussions.

Well, I have been looking for some replacement to GS forums as I feel the same way you do, but haven't found anything that I like yet...

#10 Posted by bumsonfire (225 posts) -

Since when does no one like Killer Instict! Its an amazing fighting game! the best part of it is that its an Xbox Exclusive.

#11 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13780 posts) -

@ bumsonfire

Why is it being exclusive a good thing ? That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. And we're not even in system wars. Shame on you

#12 Edited by ankor77 (990 posts) -

Im 32 and remember both snes and N64 KI fondly. In fact I just rebought KI snes for my retron3. I am most excited for forza first, then KI. I just told my wife shes buying me the fight stick for christmas heh.

#13 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

@ankor77 said:

Im 32 and remember both snes and N64 KI fondly. In fact I just rebought KI snes for my retron3. I am most excited for forza first, then KI. I just told my wife shes buying me the fight stick for christmas heh.

That's the spirit!

I know I'll be getting my ass kicked online first day with KI! (I suck at fighting games) :)

#14 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@marcheegsr said:

Not really into fighting games.

Me neither.

#15 Edited by GustavoDALBEN (15 posts) -

First day purshase, looks awesome :) .

#16 Posted by XxAK47xX (4723 posts) -

i remember i purchase a killer instinct game from a garage sale for my super Nintendo, i think i paid 5 bucks for it :) i will play out the free version of the game and i will probably get the 20 dollar package that comes with all the character and not the extra costumes.

#17 Edited by TheDarkSpot (1335 posts) -

Well, I don't wanna hear anything about it because it's another overly violent fighting game. In a stupid, unnecessary way, like Mortal Kombat. I like Tekken, but I hate Mortal Kombat, for example.

#18 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

@TheDarkSpot said:

Well, I don't wanna hear anything about it because it's another overly violent fighting game. In a stupid, unnecessary way, like Mortal Kombat. I like Tekken, but I hate Mortal Kombat, for example.

Actually, the only real thing that MK and KI have in common is that they are both fighting games.

KI lacks (or at least used to) the blood, it has no fatalities (normal finishers only) and no violence in the snuff kind that MK does!

Or at least I remember it being that way, but it's been so long that I don't remember the details no more.

#19 Edited by Randolph (10542 posts) -

Day one. This is the game that sold me on the system, and got me paying enough attention to realize I wanted a lot more of the early offerings than I thought.

#20 Edited by Meta-Gnostic (977 posts) -

@_TheJoker_ said:

It's been surprising to me that no one talks about KI on this forum.

To me, this is the most appealing title for the Xbox one on launch day, and the only game I'm getting on day one, but why is no one talking about it?

Why is it that people think it's going to be bad, or not worthy?

Maybe if it was anything like the earlier KI games people would be interested. KI 2 claims to fame were 1) it's combos and 2) it's graphical style. The new KI shits on the original graphical style and the combos aren't as impressive.

#21 Posted by RJLateralus (969 posts) -

I believe Killer instinct will have the same effect as Mortal Kombat... it will be just a flash, since the first KI games were so broken I is hard to imagine how would they create a competitive game out of the KI mechanics. In my opinion the fact that it is sell in parts gives the feeling of an incomplete game and that is not good.

Also, what the other dude just mentioned is correct, the demographic of the game is for adults (not for content but the game is old).

Regardless all of this, I am excited for the game (broken or not).

#22 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19635 posts) -

Since many of us will be getting the game free with the first season characters, I expect many more people to play it now.

#23 Edited by ChiefFreeman (5524 posts) -

@danabo said:

Perhaps the majority of this forum is <25 years old?

That should have nothing to do with it. Most gamers over 25 can differentiate quality from crap. Maybe they just grew u and realized there are better fighting games available.

#24 Posted by s0ldier69 (2096 posts) -

I'm hoping this will be a day one demo available to try. I will def try it and then decide.

#25 Edited by spike6958 (4841 posts) -

I'm getting it with all characters for free, too bad I'm not getting an Xbox One.

#26 Edited by MathMattS (4010 posts) -

I'll pass on KI. I'm not into fighting games.

#27 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19635 posts) -

@s0ldier69: You can play the full game but only with Jago for free

#28 Posted by D3dr0_0 (3495 posts) -

Never was a KI fan though I did like it more than MK, but I'm mostly into SF and KoF.

#29 Posted by Splitwarrior (10 posts) -

I am pumped for the new Killer Instinct. Definitely one of the reasons I am picking up an X1 on launch. Regardless of all the characters being available at launch or not, it will be worth the purchase. I can wait for Fulgore, Spinal, ect. Sabrewulf will probably be my main anyway.