Ninja Gaiden 3 thoughts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ninjael (3 posts) -
Hello everyone, I have been a fan of ninja gaiden since it came out on xbox. I have enjoyed 1 and 2 so I thought about getting 3. I have seen a lot of game reviews saying that the game is horrible, but I am still curious to the thoughts of players who experienced the game. Is it really as bad as they say?
#2 Posted by Epak_ (6786 posts) -

Team Ninja broke my heart, I'm eager to see how Razor's Edge will fare though. I haven't played the original game so consider this a friendly bump. :P Have you tried the demo btw?

#3 Posted by ninjael (3 posts) -
Thanks I appreciate the bump! I have played the demo... it was a little too repetitive, but I didn't want to judge it too harshly just based on playing the demo and I wasn't sure if the critics were being to harsh or if they were pretty accurate in their judgement.
#4 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1147 posts) -
The game is horrible. Terrible story, and for some reason they decided to ditch the fun challenge for a lot of quick time events...
#5 Posted by Subtle_Ninja_X (35 posts) -
I'm really sad to hear that I absolutely loved two :( Oooh well better luck next time
#6 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

I think I gave it like 5.5 or 5? It's pretty bad, there's really easy, the levels are bland, story is terrible, controls suck and you feel like you're doing a chore finishing the game.

#7 Posted by CTR360 (7076 posts) -
i finish it its huge dissapoing too bad team ninja dont make it like the first two gorgeous games
#8 Posted by ninjael (3 posts) -
wow... I see the census here is that it is a horrible game, and its unfortunate because I really wanted to give it a chance but if its nothing like the first two then I guess I shouldn't bother. Any other games similar to ninja gaiden anyone recommends for now? I know I am changing the topic now but how is Ninja Blade?
#9 Posted by Subtle_Ninja_X (35 posts) -
wow... I see the census here is that it is a horrible game, and its unfortunate because I really wanted to give it a chance but if its nothing like the first two then I guess I shouldn't bother. Any other games similar to ninja gaiden anyone recommends for now? I know I am changing the topic now but how is Ninja Blade?ninjael
Like a child's version of Ninja Gaiden. Its cheap though (Fifteen bucks?) if you're just looking for some ninja filler
#10 Posted by Knocks (67 posts) -

I never really bought into the whole "redefining the action genre" hype. The first Ninja Gaiden reboot was an ordinary 3rd person action game with lots of dying. The gameplay never came close to the 2D trilogy.

#11 Posted by Subtle_Ninja_X (35 posts) -
Ryu just got a sweet make-over and more weapons. But in reality would you really want a game to come out again after almost 20 years and be the same 2d, chunky controlled, no save points side scroller it was in the past? Besides they made sure to appease by putting the Trilogy in the first Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) so you could get your nostalgia fix (with pretty much the same amount of dying action that was in the new one)