New to Xbox/360.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by enz2 (1689 posts) -

So I've never owned an Xbox before, as I had a PS2/3 instead that I had for years. Down the track, sold my PS2, and then my PS3 as I got bored with it.

I'm not familiar with the original Xbox library, same for 360, but I decided to get one for a change. Plus, I can play my favourite PS3 games again on 360 so why not.

I'm mostly looking for Action/Adventure, JRPGs, and some unique FPS, such as Vanquish or BioShock. Also, I enjoy underrated/hidden gem games such as Nier.

I know it's odd as to me the Xbox library is full of FPS, sports and WRPGs which is great for fans of those genres... but I'm not interested in those genres. Surely there's some great games out there for my type of genres?

So far I'm getting Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Deadly Premonition, Silent Hill 2, Fable?, Import Tuner Challenge, Blue Dragon, The Last Remnant, Enchanted Arms.

#2 Posted by MarcRecon (6201 posts) -

Give Alan Wake a go....looking at your taste in games I'm sure you'll like it. I don't want to say that it's unique but it does have a different vibe from the more popular survival horror games.

Even though the game is presented more like a mystery novel with really good voice acting, the gameplay and cutscences are balanced out pretty well.

#3 Posted by marcheegsr (2992 posts) -

Ya I was going to say play Alan wake.

#4 Posted by brimmul777 (1456 posts) -

What about Left 4 Dead,or the Witcher to name a few.Do you like RTS games,such as C&C or Halo Wars.Good Luck to you.

#5 Edited by limpbizkit818 (15044 posts) -

Sounds like you want to play Alan Wake

#6 Posted by enz2 (1689 posts) -

Looks pretty awesome, definitely something I'd enjoy. Thanks guys, looks like the game is up my alley. Cheers!

#7 Edited by sukraj (23818 posts) -

Alan Wake is a decent game imo.

#8 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74216 posts) -

Forza is a game you should try out if you like racing at all. Mark of the Ninja, Trials Evolution and Dust And Elysian Tale are also awesome

#10 Edited by BFKZ (1682 posts) -

Among all the jrpgs you mentioned, Lost Odyssey is the only one worth playing.

#11 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74216 posts) -

You should also get Far Cry 3

#12 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

@MarcRecon said:

Give Alan Wake a go....looking at your taste in games I'm sure you'll like it. I don't want to say that it's unique but it does have a different vibe from the more popular survival horror games.

Even though the game is presented more like a mystery novel with really good voice acting, the gameplay and cutscences are balanced out pretty well.

It is unique!

#13 Posted by Yoshi9000 (408 posts) -

A unique FPS is Prey. The weapons are very strange, but in a good way. It combines first person action with some simple but fun puzzle solving.

You might like Magna Carta 2. It's an exclusive Korean JRPG on the xbox 360. I haven't played it. It has mixed reviews. Some people say the story is clichéd and boring, others say it's awesome. I really enjoyed Nier though and that had mixed reviews.