Netflix on Xbox One looks horrid...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

My God, man... I thought Netflix on Windows 8 was bad... I'm not sure who in their right mind would make an app look like Windows 8 anyway. Windows 8 works great as an OS. But not as an app.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

I want to argue with you, but I can't even figure out what you're saying.

XxSpitzerXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XxSpitzerXx
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I think he may be referring to the UI of the Netflix app itself?

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

Looks fine to me, no different than Netflix looks on other devices. If you want horrible, look at Netflix on a Wii.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The-Apostle

@darthgumballs said:

Looks fine to me, no different than Netflix looks on other devices. If you want horrible, look at Netflix on a Wii.

In what way does it look the same? Netflix on 360/PS3 looks FAR better. I can actually find what I want on those devices. Haven't seen it on PS4 though....

Also, last time I used Netflix on Wii U it was slightly better than the Xbox One version.

Avatar image for empiresdownfall
EmpiresDownfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EmpiresDownfall
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

I use Netflix and Hulu on my smart tv, so I dont have to have my consoles on all day (I dont have cable) lol.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

There's a test video on Netflix... I forget the name of it but you can Google it. It shows how much bandwidth you are getting and the resolution/sound quality. I ran it on all my devices, and the Xbox One was getting the lowest bandwidth. If you complain to Xbox forums, they tell people to get a hold of Netflix, but it's clearly an Xbox One problem. The Xbox 360 gets decent bandwidth, but seemed capped at 720p. The PS4 had 108op, but not 5.1. As it stands, the PS3 gets the best bandwidth, video and audio options, so that's what I would recommend using for now. Of course, maybe they will fix it... but I have my doubts because they don't seem to even acknowledge the problem. I get sub HD all the time on the One while the same video looks great on PS3/PS4.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

ui i say not fan of it.

Either way netflix need get their thumb out of their ass and get some standards... I shouldn't move to my xbox to 360 to samsung t.v, sony t.v and website and each one looks different...

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The-Apostle

@k2theswiss said:

ui i say not fan of it.

Either way netflix need get their thumb out of their ass and get some standards... I shouldn't move to my xbox to 360 to samsung t.v, sony t.v and website and each one looks different...

Netflix said the reason the XBOX one looks the way it does is because Microsoft wants everything to look like Windows 8.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

@k2theswiss said:

ui i say not fan of it.

Netflix said the reason the XBOX one looks the way it does is because Microsoft wants everything to look like Windows 8.

netflix also lets companies to whatever hell they want to their own product.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The-Apostle

I'm getting used to it but nothing beats Netflix on PS360.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

Netflix has sucked on Xbox for a long, long time. Ever since they started the automatic play everytime you clicked on something, I started using it on other platforms.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Stick to PS360.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I Netflix on my ipad.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

The only thing I dont understand is why they have made it so unbearable to use with voice commands. Repeating next page several times just to browse is very frustrating. If kinect is as integral to the X1 as M.S would have us believe they could really do with giving Netflix a complete overhaul. The problem is, with the amount of content in an app like netflix, devoting so much space to tiled pictures of individual programs isnt particularly effective. I want as much information spread across as few pages as possible. Aesthetically It looks good, practically it leaves a great deal to be desired.

4OD has a similar design but is far easier to use with voice commands and a controller. Whilst it does have less content its still sizeable.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The-Apostle

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Netflix has sucked on Xbox for a long, long time. Ever since they started the automatic play everytime you clicked on something, I started using it on other platforms.

They stopped doing that on 360 when the Xbox One came out. Now the 360 version functions a lot like the PS3 version, just without a decent remote (like the Blu-Ray remote). God, I miss the PS3... :(

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Stick to PS360.

PS3 has higher resolution, 5.1 surround sound AND 3D movies, if you have a comparable TV. Plus, that 'ASK MAX' feature that helps you find a film to watch is entertaining and surprisingly useful. So PS3 is best if you have decent internet, surround sound or a 3D TV.

freakinFreddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By freakinFreddy
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

@The-Apostle:

Seriously! I thought the same exact thing the first time i opened it up! I was like what the fu%#?!?!?

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Well I can assure you that the netflix APP sucks balls on just about every platform it is on. I hate it on the ps3. Want a full content list? Nope. Want to search something and look at more then 10 results? Nope. want to search a particular genre? Nope. Instead you get a set of side scrolling lists with headings like what's popular on facebook or gay and lesbian movies. Most of the time more then half of each list is all ready on another of the side scrolling lists you've all ready looked at. I do enjoy their shows like house of cards but for god sakes the system they implement top find the content available is horrible.