Need help with open tray fix

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by zeb1uk (484 posts) -

I was trying to fix my xbox for the first time because it has the open tray problem, so I opened it all up and everything and I was playing with those two screws you're supposed to adjust on the laser bit, not realising that you can actually **** it up if you twist too much. So now I think I've ****ed it up because it doesn't even sound like the disc even tries spinning any more when I put one in.

So I'm just wondering is there a way to sort this out at this point or have I just gone too far? Because I've lost track of how much I've rotated both screws, which I realise was a really stupid move.

Cheers

#2 Posted by Trinitarian (1300 posts) -

I was trying to fix my xbox for the first time because it has the open tray problem, so I opened it all up and everything and I was playing with those two screws you're supposed to adjust on the laser bit, not realising that you can actually **** it up if you twist too much. So now I think I've ****ed it up because it doesn't even sound like the disc even tries spinning any more when I put one in.

So I'm just wondering is there a way to sort this out at this point or have I just gone too far? Because I've lost track of how much I've rotated both screws, which I realise was a really stupid move.

Cheers

zeb1uk
i've have this issue with my disc tray as well. However, if i mess with it for a couple mins it will eventually open. So i havent had to open it up yet as that will be my last resort. cause i'm worried ill make it were it wont open at all like in your case. Good luck. Maybe go on criages list and find those guys who fix them for 25-50 bucks. May be your best bet. That or buy a new one.