NBA Live 07! 1000 online!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willam13_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Willam13_basic
Member since 2002 • 77 Posts
Anyone who owns a XBOX360 and the NBA Live 2007 be online February 25th at 8:00pm GMT which is 3:00pm EST & noon on the west coast. You will receive a one of a kind achievement if the amount of people in the room equals 1000. They did this once before and got 917. It was not organized at all and this time it it. Be there or be square. Stp being so skeptical it will work if you get rid of that damn attitude. Yeah I mean you.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
Kind of a cheap ass achievement...
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I smell Spam...
couse91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 couse91
Member since 2006 • 463 Posts
Hey man I tryed to get ppl on wen ppl were sayin go on like jan. 28th .. so who made this one up? I'm gonna be on for sure I want this achievement and prove EA can be defeated!!!:P haha
s3lFc0nTr0l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 s3lFc0nTr0l
Member since 2006 • 3028 Posts
but nba live is a pile of steaming s***. 2k7 is far better. sad, because i loved nba live 05 and 06
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
If NBA Live was the last game on earth I still wouldnt play it.
Hector90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hector90
Member since 2004 • 331 Posts
If NBA Live was the last game on earth I still wouldnt play it.V4LENT1NE

same here.
StatusOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StatusOne
Member since 2006 • 550 Posts
[QUOTE="Willam13_basic"]Anyone who owns a XBOX360 and the NBA Live 2007 be online February 25th at 8:00pm GMT which is 3:00pm EST & noon on the west coast. You will receive a one of a kind achievement if the amount of people in the room equals 1000. They did this once before and got 917. It was not organized at all and this time it it.  Be there or be square. Stp being so skeptical it will work if you get rid of that damn attitude. Yeah I mean you.

You sound like an early 90's sitcom show where the bully's arranging for a fight after school.
nonsoville2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 nonsoville2
Member since 2006 • 4124 Posts
[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]If NBA Live was the last game on earth I still wouldnt play it.Hector90

same here.

me 2..
JJBDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JJBDude
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I've given up with the achievement and letting a friend borrow my game, can't ne arsed to waste time for the achievement anymore.
Avatar image for Screamin_EaGLes
Screamin_EaGLes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Screamin_EaGLes
Member since 2006 • 2278 Posts
lol that achievement shows that NBA live know its losing to nba 2k.
Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts
lol that achievement shows that NBA live know its losing to nba 2k.Screamin_EaGLes
:lol: so true
jericoY2J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 jericoY2J
Member since 2006 • 1688 Posts
yup i'll try...ooohhhh..sorry silver
warcraftfan234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 warcraftfan234
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts
xbox360achivements.org/home/

Is organizing an event so people can get the achivement, so stop saying it's B.S.!
Avatar image for metroidhunter92
metroidhunter92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 metroidhunter92
Member since 2006 • 536 Posts
[QUOTE="StatusOne"][QUOTE="Willam13_basic"]Anyone who owns a XBOX360 and the NBA Live 2007 be online February 25th at 8:00pm GMT which is 3:00pm EST & noon on the west coast. You will receive a one of a kind achievement if the amount of people in the room equals 1000. They did this once before and got 917. It was not organized at all and this time it it.  Be there or be square. Stp being so skeptical it will work if you get rid of that damn attitude. Yeah I mean you.

You sound like an early 90's sitcom show where the bully's arranging for a fight after school.

rofl be there be square sounds like a threat lol and nobody plays nba live 07, nba 2k7 is better
Avatar image for metroidhunter92
metroidhunter92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 metroidhunter92
Member since 2006 • 536 Posts
[QUOTE="StatusOne"][QUOTE="Willam13_basic"]Anyone who owns a XBOX360 and the NBA Live 2007 be online February 25th at 8:00pm GMT which is 3:00pm EST & noon on the west coast. You will receive a one of a kind achievement if the amount of people in the room equals 1000. They did this once before and got 917. It was not organized at all and this time it it.  Be there or be square. Stp being so skeptical it will work if you get rid of that damn attitude. Yeah I mean you.

rofl be there be square sounds like a threat lol and nobody plays nba live 07, nba 2k7 is better
imchris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 imchris
Member since 2003 • 80 Posts
I want EA to step it up.  Not because I have any hope for NBA Live, but so 2k sports would have to answer and put even more effort into the game.  If they can release a wonderful game with little to no competition and at will it seems.  Impressive.
the_GUNN_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#19 the_GUNN_man
Member since 2003 • 2717 Posts

Anyone who owns a XBOX360 and the NBA Live 2007 be online February 25th at 8:00pm GMT which is 3:00pm EST & noon on the west coast. You will receive a one of a kind achievement if the amount of people in the room equals 1000. They did this once before and got 917. It was not organized at all and this time it it. Be there or be square. Stp being so skeptical it will work if you get rid of that damn attitude. Yeah I mean you.Willam13_basic

I wouldn't put too much into what this guy is saying. The last time they organized it they only got it in the mid 400's nowhere close to the 1,000 needed. 917 huh? What a laugh. He is just saying that number to create false hope. Normally there is maybe 200 people playing this game. So all their efforts gained about 250 extra people. I know a lot of people went out and rented the game hoping it would happen and it didn't. They have already said they are not going to go pay $5 to $7 to go rent it again. 3 1/2 weeks from now there will be even fewer regular players playing it. They will need to raise at least 800 people to get this and there isn't that many people who even care about it.

I am not trying to be so negative all I am doing id trying to get people to save thier money. Spend that rental money on a new arcade game. If they really did fall just 73 people short I would say it is worth a shot but they fell 550 people short. I talked to two different people right at the time it was supposed to happen last time and they said it was around 450 people online. Don't believe the hype.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

[QUOTE="Willam13_basic"]Anyone who owns a XBOX360 and the NBA Live 2007 be online February 25th at 8:00pm GMT which is 3:00pm EST & noon on the west coast. You will receive a one of a kind achievement if the amount of people in the room equals 1000. They did this once before and got 917. It was not organized at all and this time it it. Be there or be square. Stp being so skeptical it will work if you get rid of that damn attitude. Yeah I mean you.the_GUNN_man

I wouldn't put too much into what this guy is saying. The last time they organized it they only got it in the mid 400's nowhere close to the 1,000 needed. 917 huh? What a laugh. He is just saying that number to create false hope. Normally there is maybe 200 people playing this game. So all their efforts gained about 250 extra people. I know a lot of people went out and rented the game hoping it would happen and it didn't. They have already said they are not going to go pay $5 to $7 to go rent it again. 3 1/2 weeks from now there will be even fewer regular players playing it. They will need to raise at least 800 people to get this and there isn't that many people who even care about it.

I am not trying to be so negative all I am doing id trying to get people to save thier money. Spend that rental money on a new arcade game. If they really did fall just 73 people short I would say it is worth a shot but they fell 550 people short. I talked to two different people right at the time it was supposed to happen last time and they said it was around 450 people online. Don't believe the hype.

Exactly I dont want to sound negative either but the last time it happened the highest it got was in the 400s I dont know where he got the 917 from. Anyways dont make a mistake and rent this game youll regret it if you do
talbain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 talbain
Member since 2002 • 407 Posts

[QUOTE="Willam13_basic"]Anyone who owns a XBOX360 and the NBA Live 2007 be online February 25th at 8:00pm GMT which is 3:00pm EST & noon on the west coast. You will receive a one of a kind achievement if the amount of people in the room equals 1000. They did this once before and got 917. It was not organized at all and this time it it. Be there or be square. Stp being so skeptical it will work if you get rid of that damn attitude. Yeah I mean you.the_GUNN_man

wrong. the "last time", which was this past sunday, i personally saw it peak at 503 IN THE GAME LOBBY. this doesn't count people logged in and playing the game rather than the 503 just hanging out in the lobby. during the week they checked with ea and got some clarification as to what actually counts for the achievement. the ea reps said being logged into the game via xbl counts, which is where the 917 came from. so let me break it down for you: 503 in the lobby just hanging around + 414 more people actually playing the game online = 917...math is your friend...

also, for someone with over 60,000 achievement points, why are you so openly hostile towards the idea of trying to get this otherwise unattainable goal? i would think you would embrace it with open arms. did someone from ea kill your firstborn?

finally, that event last sunday had only a few days advance notice. in the gaming forums there were a good number of people from europe who said they had no idea such an event was taking place. now that there's almost a month's notice, there will be plenty of time to spread the word. it's going to happen this time, with or without people like you...
the_GUNN_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_GUNN_man
[QUOTE="the_GUNN_man"]

[QUOTE="Willam13_basic"]Anyone who owns a XBOX360 and the NBA Live 2007 be online February 25th at 8:00pm GMT which is 3:00pm EST & noon on the west coast. You will receive a one of a kind achievement if the amount of people in the room equals 1000. They did this once before and got 917. It was not organized at all and this time it it. Be there or be square. Stp being so skeptical it will work if you get rid of that damn attitude. Yeah I mean you.talbain

wrong. the "last time", which was this past sunday, i personally saw it peak at 503 IN THE GAME LOBBY. this doesn't count people logged in and playing the game rather than the 503 just hanging out in the lobby. during the week they checked with ea and got some clarification as to what actually counts for the achievement. the ea reps said being logged into the game via xbl counts, which is where the 917 came from. so let me break it down for you: 503 in the lobby just hanging around + 414 more people actually playing the game online = 917...math is your friend...

also, for someone with over 60,000 achievement points, why are you so openly hostile towards the idea of trying to get this otherwise unattainable goal? i would think you would embrace it with open arms. did someone from ea kill your firstborn?

finally, that event last sunday had only a few days advance notice. in the gaming forums there were a good number of people from europe who said they had no idea such an event was taking place. now that there's almost a month's notice, there will be plenty of time to spread the word. it's going to happen this time, with or without people like you...

Now you are believeing EA. Yes they will try and feed you any bull to keep playing their game. If what they said were true I would have easily got it since I played it when it first came out. When you go online it tells you total number of users online. On your other point you are wrong about the few days notice thing because I got messages for it over two weeks in advance. I am against it only that people are wasting money by renting it over and over. I persoanlly know that many of the people who went for this last weekend said they would not rent the game again. Most everyone rented the game for $5 last weekend, you expect them to do it again? $10 for a 100 point achievement? Not worth it. Buy a arcade game and get some points in that instead. This a piece of crap game that many don't own. The people who own this game probably don't care about the gamer points.

How about this, I will bring up this thread again after the 25th and I will laugh again because it won't happen. I am not being hostile towards it just realistic. I seen the master sign up sheet for this evenet and there are like 40 names on it. It is fine to go for this achievement but to have people keep renting this game is just wrong. If you own the game there is nothing wrong with trying for this achievement but if you don't own it I understand whay you are defending this. You know what? I probably lost 100 points by writing in this thread and not playing.

talbain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 talbain

do you really think ea would want to lie about having 1000 people in a game? man this has to be one of the most humiliating things in the world to them. they don't have any reason to lie. if they wanted to go that far they could have just triggered the achievement randomly so it would go away and not get the kind of press it's getting.

and i agree, to keep renting the game is dumb. i'm talking about people who own the game. if you don't, that's cool. as far as notice for the last event, i don't know how long it was. but there were a ton of people (myself included) who didn't find out until a few days before. there was another attempt back in december i think which failed as well due to lack of notice. i'm not about to waste my life trying for this achievement over and over again. 3rd time's the charm i say, and if it fails (which i do not think it will) then so be it and i move on. it's not like i'm losing sleep over it.

so again, if you want to join in and grab this elusive goal, play live 07 on 2/25 at 3pm EST. thanks

talbain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 talbain
it's starting to get some press now:

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/02/04/x360a-org-goes-for-elusive-nba-live-07-achievement/

Willam13_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Willam13_basic
Member since 2002 • 77 Posts
Here's something funny...it turns out that I own NBA 2k7 and not NBA Live 07...man! I'm dumb!
the_GUNN_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_GUNN_man

Anyone who owns a XBOX360 and the NBA Live 2007 be online February 25th at 8:00pm GMT which is 3:00pm EST & noon on the west coast. You will receive a one of a kind achievement if the amount of people in the room equals 1000. They did this once before and got 917. It was not organized at all and this time it it. Be there or be square. Stp being so skeptical it will work if you get rid of that damn attitude. Yeah I mean you.Willam13_basic

I owe the guy above an apology and I stand corrected. The NBA Live 07 did work tonight. I just wanted to stand up and say that and not try and be a coward about it. I have my girl rushing out to rent it. It deserves me right if for some reason I do not get the achievement because I have been so negative about it.