My XBox Keeps Bleeping and Freezing (no ring of death)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Ceafer (40 posts) -
My Xbox 360 just keeps making a pc sounding bleep then freezing at random moments e.g dashboard or in game, Just wondering if anybody knows what might be the cause of this and if i might be able to fix it myself before sending it to microsoft?
#2 Posted by Squeets (8184 posts) -

My Xbox 360 just keeps making a pc sounding bleep then freezing at random moments e.g dashboard or in game, Just wondering if anybody knows what might be the cause of this and if i might be able to fix it myself before sending it to microsoft?Ceafer

Try turning it off for a little while or moving it to a location with more airflow... sometimes it freezes or shuts off from overheating, make sure it gets air because the overheating could lead to damaged hardware...

#3 Posted by bradly_2795 (948 posts) -
You might can still save it from the grim reaper. Trying moving it to a cool place with better ventallation.
#4 Posted by stuartcee (12846 posts) -
If moving it doesnt work send it back.
#5 Posted by ChrisZewski (89 posts) -
Ran into the same problem today. The console worked fine last night when i was playing lost odyssey and i turned it on and after i loaded my last save freeze. I unooked everything, same result. tried som COD4 on live and about 3 mins into a headquarters match freeze. Even tried a game of undertow to see if it was the DVD player itself. about a min in and freeze. Haven't gotten an error message and i haven't tried clearing the cache yet. i'll try that after i get off work tonight.
#6 Posted by AtlanticRock (8122 posts) -

I was playing my Xbox fine allll weekend, then I get home from work on monday and I turned it on but the screen wouldn't come up... So i check the cables and if the switch was on HDTV, everything was fine. Turned it on again, no video. I can hear the system turn on and move around on the dashboard, but no video. So i told my friend to come with his 360 to see if it was the cords, but it wasn't his worked fine with the same cables... No Red Rings or anything...

I have to send my 360 to MS now??? Is there any way to fix this problem??? I really don't wanna go a month without gaming... ugh...

#7 Posted by NOD_Grindking (2778 posts) -

I was playing my Xbox fine allll weekend, then I get home from work on monday and I turned it on but the screen wouldn't come up... So i check the cables and if the switch was on HDTV, everything was fine. Turned it on again, no video. I can hear the system turn on and move around on the dashboard, but no video. So i told my friend to come with his 360 to see if it was the cords, but it wasn't his worked fine with the same cables... No Red Rings or anything...

I have to send my 360 to MS now??? Is there any way to fix this problem??? I really don't wanna go a month without gaming... ugh...

AtlanticRock

sorry man....sounds like your video compted out

how long you had your console?

#8 Posted by AtlanticRock (8122 posts) -
about a year, but jus got on XBL
#9 Posted by ChrisZewski (89 posts) -
Looks like the screen freeze is a harbinger of the RROD. It froze at the dash today and after i turned it back on i got three frashing red lights. this will be the second time this year already that i'll have to send the damn thing in for service. booo!
#10 Posted by sonic0491 (2508 posts) -
two of my 360s did that before rrod....
#11 Posted by FearTheRain (1470 posts) -

You have nothing to worry about. That's normal.

#12 Posted by harperton (153 posts) -
The rings are on their way!!!
#13 Posted by ExCODYbur (1 posts) -
ok... im pissed. my xbox will keep freezing everytime i turn it on. it will freeze everytime before it gets to the dashboard. i've had it for 4 months now. and ive moved it for airflow, ive taken the hard drive out i've switched tv's i've taken the game out. i have done mostly everything i can think of. but it freezes when the little X thing spins when you first turn it on. there are no ring of death but im pissed cause its an elite. help!
#14 Posted by XboxOwnsPs3 (397 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ceafer"]My Xbox 360 just keeps making a pc sounding bleep then freezing at random moments e.g dashboard or in game, Just wondering if anybody knows what might be the cause of this and if i might be able to fix it myself before sending it to microsoft?Squeets

Try turning it off for a little while or moving it to a location with more airflow... sometimes it freezes or shuts off from overheating, make sure it gets air because the overheating could lead to damaged hardware...

Off topic but I saw you on the Halo 3 tourny, Fly the Flag, just had to say it lol