My reaction to the launch of Halo: MCC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShinTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShinTurtle
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

found this and it describes my exact feelings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdjNmKwFxtw

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Shame about the game's issues on SP and MP.

New Halo developer 343 apologized for the many Master Chief Collection bugs and issues. They are working on something.

I posted a list of some Singleplayer and Multiplayer problems found so far in the collection before. I'll repost for others that seem surprised regarding the problems in SP and MP, since there seems to be threads all over the place.

Game Specific Bugs & Single Player:

Halo CE:

- Audio in Single Player is flawed. Loops sometimes forever/overlapping/different tracks playing at the same time/wrong sounds (More..).

- Completed Single Player games sometimes don't save.

- When playing co-op campaign, it seems impossible to finish a mission. The game is always disrupted with disconnects (More...).

H2A:

- Campaign seems to randomly crash when attempting to start a mission.

- Campaign progress won't save.

- Campaign glitch preventing the story from being completed.

H3:

- One user reports that he can't play Halo 3 at all. No single or multiplayer. Game freezes at the loading screen. As this happens only with one user so far we need more people confirming this here...

Mixed:

- Cross game singleplayer playlist skips mission (specifically Mission 6 on "Normal")

- The Master Chief Collection sometimes responds poorly to snapping. This behavior has exhibited crashing, freezing, and persistent significant frame drops.

- These are only a few things that happened to me and the players I played with last night. Please add more.

Matchmaking bugs:

- If you switch between the playlists you lose your party most of the time. You can't take your party and often don't get asked if you want to.

- Sometimes the teams get shuffled during the loading screen. E.g If you are with friends in the "red" team while voting for the map it doesn't mean you are in the same team when the game starts. "Team formulation" seems very broken (More...).

- Colors/Emblems, etc. is not available in Matchmaking and you just get a generic/random emblem.

- It doesn't give priority to your party when creating the teams. I've played about 10 Team Slayer games and most of the time was in the opposite team of my friend.

- Big Team Battle description says it's 8vs8, but it's only 6vs6.

- Rank up bug that let's you get the highest rank via a Matchmaking/Custom Game bug. Details: http://redd.it/2lyo3c

Custom Game bugs:

- Team colours shuffle after each game. And because changing team colours is now a 4-5 step process this is very annoying.

- Settings shuffle if you make some changes after the game and you have to setup everything again.

- You can't join a game after it started. It always says it's full, even if it isn't.

- The game gives the host randomly to players depending on the game. We played a few H2A games with a perfect and lag-free host. When we switched to H2C with the same players the game was suddenly unplayable, because it gave the host to someone else.

Other problems / missing features:

- Game chat randomly doesn't work for some players. Many people meet in parties.

- Players randomly disconnect from the game.

- The game freezes sometimes during the loading screen. Often after a game ends.

- You can't see the ping in matchmaking or custom game. In any game. This is really important.

- Changing the team colour is now a 4-5 step process. We were able to press "x" and could right away change the team. Now you have to press "X" to open the roster. Scroll to your gamertag and select it with "A". Then choose "Change Color" from four different options with "A". Then select the colour and leave the menu again.

- Loading times for maps seem extremely long. It also doesn't seem to preload the map like it always did.

- The roster doesn't work right. It often doesn't show anyone or only a few of the people that are online and sometimes you can't invite players. Sometimes the game get's unresponsive/freezes after using the roster or a snapped app.

- You can't see anymore who's talking in game. This used to be an important feature in previous games. Now you are in matchmaking with new players and just have to "guess".

- You can't see who is wearing a mic unless they speak.

- Less customization options for game type settings in custom games.

- There should be an option to turn off (or at least lower the volume of) the menu music. It used to be only in the main menu in the past, but now it's everywhere and just far too loud.

- The roster always shows 1/16 players for every group/friend, even if they play with more people,

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#3 WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

@ShinTurtle: HaloClub ;)

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts