my controller keeps disconnecting me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by chainxd001 (26 posts) -

my controller starts to malfunction and then disconnects me and once i reconnect it, in about 5 seconds or less it disconnects me again. can anyone help me?

#2 Posted by bball_freak_2 (1609 posts) -
charge or change the batteries
#3 Posted by chainxd001 (26 posts) -
ive done that but it still disconnects me, and when i try to reconnect it with new batteries, i cannot reconnect it again.
#4 Posted by bball_freak_2 (1609 posts) -
well that's weird. have you tried other controllers?
#5 Posted by chainxd001 (26 posts) -
yes i have two controllers they both do the same thing, maybe it helps to say that i am still using the energizer batteries that came with the controller i bought. also this started to happen after i went on xbox live when i played halo 3
#6 Posted by BIGJosher (1562 posts) -
Definately new batteries. How in the hell did you get them to last for a long time or did you just get your xbox? BTW it has nothing to do with a game.
#7 Posted by chainxd001 (26 posts) -
oh yeah i got my xbox just a month ago. but i put in new batteries but it disconnects me either way. and without the batteries that came with the controller i cant reconnect the controller if it gets disconnected
#8 Posted by dojodawg (219 posts) -

this happened to me.

the battery pack may be loose

next time you turn it on hold the battery pack in place

if it stays on just tape it shut

#9 Posted by chainxd001 (26 posts) -

that doesnt seem to be the case here though, ugggggggg i think i have a broken controller or somethin. damn microsoft

#10 Posted by BIGJosher (1562 posts) -
I really doubt you have a broken controller but you never now. Myne is purely custom with knife marks on it where I get bored and where I had to make the holes bigger so I could take apart my contoller because the head was too big to go in. I have also probably dropped myne a hundred times and I am missing tiny chunks of plastic all over the thing.
#11 Posted by SgtActivity (59 posts) -

I really doubt you have a broken controller but you never now. Myne is purely custom with knife marks on it where I get bored and where I had to make the holes bigger so I could take apart my contoller because the head was too big to go in. I have also probably dropped myne a hundred times and I am missing tiny chunks of plastic all over the thing. BIGJosher

oh man! custom knife marks!?

im going to go throw some of those on my controller now.

#12 Posted by coddude (6 posts) -

thats because you need new batteries

#13 Posted by BIGJosher (1562 posts) -
I was being sarcastic, but it does have knife marks.
#14 Posted by coddude (6 posts) -
take better care of your controllers ive had my xbox for a month too
#15 Posted by coddude (6 posts) -
the only thing i can think of now is buy a new controller
#16 Posted by chainxd001 (26 posts) -
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
#17 Posted by gamemaster-1234 (1170 posts) -
If u read the Manuel guide on for the Xbox then it said not to use any other batteries. If that's not the idea then u need to get Ur controller repaired or get a new one. And if those two ideas don't work then Ur xbox is busted
#18 Posted by paullywog (14149 posts) -
mine used to do that but i changed the batteries and got pissed and put the battery pack in way hard and it doesn't do it anymore.
#19 Posted by T_P_O (5388 posts) -
Mine does the same, but only if the battery pack gets hit, it might be a fault with the Pack and controller connecting, but im not sure.
#20 Posted by Matt-4542 (8002 posts) -
Are they wireless? Try to re-synce them. Otherwise, Ive got no clue. That happens to me when my battaruies are dying but you said you just changed them.
#21 Posted by MasterChief4249 (772 posts) -

Are they wireless? Try to re-synce them. Otherwise, Ive got no clue. That happens to me when my battaruies are dying but you said you just changed them.Matt-4542

of course they are wireless, otherwise he wouldnt be having to deal with batteries :P

#22 Posted by Jc1845 (8 posts) -

I have this problem too, my controller disconnects when the battery life gets to 3, are they saying I need to take out 10 hour used batteries each day?

#23 Posted by JM_MUFC (352 posts) -

I am still using the controller i got with my conole two years ago, its in perfect condition although disconnects every now and again. Easy way to solve it is get an official ms play and charge kit. got mine for £10 and no problems since...

#25 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

im not sure if this will help but try turnig the vibration off. one of my old controllers wouldnt work when vibration was on.