MW3 worth it or just go to BO2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Hey all, I was wondering if it'll be worth getting MW3. I eventually will get BO2, but am not sure if I want to drop the full $60 on it, especially after I just did that for Halo 4 and ended up being disappointed with it.

I know BO2 will likely have the larger community, but if anyone knows how the community went when BO1 came out and if MW2 was still active, that would be appreciated.

NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 NicAgent
Member since 2005 • 4693 Posts
Go directly to Black Ops II, don't give MW3 one second of your precious free time. MW3 is a textbook example of how a developer milks a cash cow; Black Ops II has many features that should have been in MW3, read the previews for it, there's plenty of reasons why Treyarch will soon be the leader of COD development, IW just a follower.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blueboxdoctor

Go directly to Black Ops II, don't give MW3 one second of your precious free time. MW3 is a textbook example of how a developer milks a cash cow; Black Ops II has many features that should have been in MW3, read the previews for it, there's plenty of reasons why Treyarch will soon be the leader of COD development, IW just a follower.NicAgent

This was also a concern, but since I've yet to play MW3 I wasn't sure how similar it was to the other ones. BO2 definitely looks a bit more innovative while still being COD.

BostonDieNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 BostonDieNasty
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

Hey all, I was wondering if it'll be worth getting MW3. I eventually will get BO2, but am not sure if I want to drop the full $60 on it, especially after I just did that for Halo 4 and ended up being disappointed with it.

I know BO2 will likely have the larger community, but if anyone knows how the community went when BO1 came out and if MW2 was still active, that would be appreciated.

blueboxdoctor
toys r us has 10 off any video game this week so you should buy it there
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I'm a big fan of COD but MW3 is by far the worst entry in the series. Just skip it and go to Black Ops 2.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend getting either. But, if you must, then go with BO2.

OhMandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 OhMandy
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts

Skip MW3, but honestly, if you weren't impressed with Halo 4 maybe wait and get some well-rounded feedback on BO2, I have a feeling there is going to be a bigger overlap in game experiences between these two titles than we are used to from these series.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#9 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
MW3 was absolutely dreadful. If you want Modern Warfare, get MW2 which is still very active and is a much better game. I haven't played Black Ops 2 but from the reviews I've read, it sounds awesome. I'd get MW2 or BO2 over MW3 any day.
skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

Modern Warfare 3 was a turd. Go for Black Ops 2, it's country miles better.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#11 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

there are still people playing black ops as well as mw2 waw 3 and 2 i believe are the only cod games not active as much if you want get bo2 thier both 60 bucks so its your choice

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blueboxdoctor

Well, I just borrowed BO2 from my friend while he's at work, and well, what to say, IDK if I hate it or not. Why? It won't let me connect to the online server for it. Glad I tried it before buying, as I'm not interested in dropping $60 on a game that doesn't work for me. Perhaps I'll pick up BF3 with all the maps for my 360, as it's my most played online PS3 game and I'll get the DLC. Or maybe go for MW2 and get the map packs for it.

Lord_Terrapin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lord_Terrapin
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts
You should get Black Ops II.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Depends on what style you like
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
MW3 is the worst COD i've ever played. Go straight to Black Ops 2.
skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

Well, I just borrowed BO2 from my friend while he's at work, and well, what to say, IDK if I hate it or not. Why? It won't let me connect to the online server for it. Glad I tried it before buying, as I'm not interested in dropping $60 on a game that doesn't work for me. Perhaps I'll pick up BF3 with all the maps for my 360, as it's my most played online PS3 game and I'll get the DLC. Or maybe go for MW2 and get the map packs for it.

blueboxdoctor
The Black Ops 2 servers were down for everyone last night while they tweaked some stuff, it's only temporary.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blueboxdoctor

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

skooks

The Black Ops 2 servers were down for everyone last night while they tweaked some stuff, it's only temporary.

Yeah, I found this out as I was able to get on later that night. It was just frustrating putting a brand new game into my xbox and having it not work. It was odd having to adjust from the faster pace of Halo to the slower pace of COD.

Brando778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Brando778
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
mW3 AND BO2 are really good games i have them both and i played them both but you might want to go for BO2 because it is more fun then MW3 like i said they are both really good games but u might like BO2 better ~ Brando Oh yea btw Check out the game The Sims 3 it is really fun its life
Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
I actually LOVE Black Ops 2.... The multiplayer has a been there/done that feeling to it, but the campaign is great. Spoilers- I just got to the part where you shoot Mason... I was shocked, and Im pissed. I knew something was up, but I didnt expect that.
bootybin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bootybin
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
If it were me i would trade in your Halo 4 towards BO2... I love BO2 its much better than halo 4 and bo1. The pick 10 customization option is super sweet and allows you to super customize your load out. Also the fact that you can have two bouncing bettys and that you can scavenge them... EPIC
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#21 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I don't do a whole lot with the multiplayer of COD, as it's the same with every COD game.

The campaigns of COD games are what really make them worth it, IMO, so here it is. Modern Warfare 3 does a great job of concluding the MW story if you've played and completed the first two games. When combined with MW2, it gives a vivid picture of what World War III might be like.

Black Ops II also does a great job of continuing the story of the first Black Ops. You'll see familiar characters and the game has a fantastic villain. You'll spend part of the time going in flashbacks to historic conflicts from the 80s, including Angola, Panama, and Afghanistan (the Soviet war), and the other part of the time taking on missions in 2025. The 2025 missions are futuristic without being silly.

So yeah, both games are great and are must-gets if you enjoyed the campaigns of their precursors.

Speedzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Speedzilla
Member since 2012 • 1732 Posts

Might as well go with BO2

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#23 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

MW3 is complete sh!t.

I rented it just to complete the MW story. MW3 campaign is by far the worst P.O.S. fps campaign ive played.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#24 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

Stick with Modern Warfare 1 or Black Ops 1 for the time being. Black Ops 2 may stand the test of time, but probably not.

Nintatterdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nintatterdemon
Member since 2010 • 69 Posts
Modern Warfare 1 would at least be cheaper.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
I actually preferred the MW3 multiplayer over BO2's... there are waaaayy more moments where I start shooting an enemy first and I still get killed with less bullets; pretty frustrating. And the sound of the guns and explosions seem muffled. But, it looks like the majority of the people on here prefer BO2...so maybe you will too.
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Black Ops 2
Megaflush24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Megaflush24
Member since 2003 • 173 Posts
Nothing new with either. You could draw the parallel with call of duty and madden. Same game with a different number. I liked mw3 better though.