Muting....just another reason to love LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dlacy13g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Dlacy13g
Member since 2003 • 361 Posts

Ok first off let me say that up until last night I had NEVER muted anyone on Live.   I for the most part have always just endured the smack talk of individuals or just bailed out of a game if it was too annoying.  But last night ....I discovered the "mute player" option.  I mean I knew it was there ...but I had never actually tried it.  Not too mention I for whatever reason had never thought of it as being a mute the individual rather than the whole game.  So I never muted cause wrongly I thought I wouldn't be able to talk to others, etc.  Yeah, I know...silly of me to have thought that was the case...but what can I say.  I just really hadn't looked into the feature that completely.

Let me just say .....I LOVE THE MUTE FUNCTIONALITY OF LIVE!  I had some punk kid screaming and singing during a session of COD3.  I was completely angry at the 12yr old brat ....and had I been in front of him...I would have beat him down physically...he irritated that much.  Anyway, I think I was more irritated because I really had been enjoying that room up until the little puke started to spout off.    I was really frustrated because now I was feeling the need to leave the room cause I couldn't take it anymore...then I remembered...you can mute individuals.   In a matter of seconds my experience went back to gaming bliss as I muted the little turd. 

I know this is not a "new" function of LIVE.  Many of you probably use it, but for me it was one of those things I knew was there but hadn't ever used it before.  Using it last night was like discovering a brand new function on LIVE....and it really made a big difference.   I left my gaming session happier than I have in a long time...all because of this simple yet GREAT game enhancing feature.

Thanks for the time...I just had to throw some props LIVE's way after last night. 

You just gotta love LIVE!

kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kyle_toker
Member since 2004 • 4950 Posts
yeah its always good, ive only used it a few time though since launch
XL70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 XL70
Member since 2004 • 1196 Posts
Yay for muting.
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
Yeah, it can get out of hand when some people decide live is a recording studio and try to sing or rap, or they just say whatever crap is going through their head. I'm quick with the muting of player, especially on Halo 2 where there is the highest concentration of annoying people. Next evolution: Live should shut down a player's ability to talk if their microphone is picking up loud noises for a prolonged length of time. Would save me the trouble.
Hellcanwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 Hellcanwait
Member since 2005 • 871 Posts
Two thumbs up for muting annoying players.
Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts

Yeah, it can get out of hand when some people decide live is a recording studio and try to sing or rap, or they just say whatever crap is going through their head. I'm quick with the muting of player, especially on Halo 2 where there is the highest concentration of annoying people. Next evolution: Live should shut down a player's ability to talk if their microphone is picking up loud noises for a prolonged length of time. Would save me the trouble.jmartinez1983

Now thats an idea but instead of shutting down the players ability to talk it should send though a small/ large (delete as approprate) electric shock though the offending headset???

dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts

I had to mute gears for a match because one player was blasting hip hop music through his mic.

Another game, two guys (probably drunk/high) were smack talking the whole time we were waiting for the room to fill up. Match starts, I take them both out for three consecutive rounds, and they drop. :D

But I usually slide the volume control all the way down. How do you mute individual players? I've only been on live for a few weeks.

peno79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 peno79
Member since 2004 • 152 Posts
Kudos for muting! Now if I can just remember to do that. Some people are just too damn annoying!!!
jdwollmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jdwollmann
Member since 2006 • 613 Posts
yeah me and my brother use mute on x box live a lot and I was playing this morning on my and my brothers x box 360 and I was playing x box live on it and I was using mute and I was racing with my car and I won some credits and even got a reward saying that I earned the right to have a concept car and then while my brother was waking up after that whole thing I let him on the computer and I like the mute option because theres always a chance that theres some mean people playing on x box live and just to let you know thats a good thing.
campbell1874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 campbell1874
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts

I had to mute gears for a match because one player was blasting hip hop music through his mic.

Another game, two guys (probably drunk/high) were smack talking the whole time we were waiting for the room to fill up. Match starts, I take them both out for three consecutive rounds, and they drop. :D

But I usually slide the volume control all the way down. How do you mute individual players? I've only been on live for a few weeks.

dxy592

If you go into players profile there is an option at the bottom for Mute.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
Mute is probably the best function on XBL.