Modded Controllers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GhostOfSparta21 (296 posts) -

8)Hey, Moderator, before you click that mouse, read my whole post. i have seen people that have modded controllers and use them on xbox live. i do not have one and do not use one, but is this against the rules, and if detected by microsoft will your live account be banned?:D

#2 Posted by GhostOfSparta21 (296 posts) -
Anyone?
#3 Posted by doberman20 (562 posts) -
no how would they bann you for a controller. how would they even know you have a modded controller
#4 Posted by Zero_X5213 (481 posts) -
If your controller is modded for visual effects ( Lights up, Diff. Colors, Etc. ) There should be no consequences. If it's modded for turbo or anyway to give you an advantage, It's cheating and you can get banned.
#5 Posted by kamikaze_pigmy (8362 posts) -
When gears 2 comes out with the button mashing system for duels and crawling if anyone uses some sort of turbo controller then I hope they find a way to ban them.
#6 Posted by mfp16 (4551 posts) -

When gears 2 comes out with the button mashing system for duels and crawling if anyone uses some sort of turbo controller then I hope they find a way to ban them.kamikaze_pigmy

they already sell them...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5065204

#7 Posted by FUBAR24 (12185 posts) -

[QUOTE="kamikaze_pigmy"]When gears 2 comes out with the button mashing system for duels and crawling if anyone uses some sort of turbo controller then I hope they find a way to ban them.mfp16

they already sell them...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5065204

thats looks horribly unconfertable

#8 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -

Isn't there already turbo controllers for sale? The only reason they would sell is to give someone an advantage in certain games. Not fair, but I doubt there is any way for MS to know you are using a modded controller unless people report people when they suspect they are using them.

Beat'em-ups are the first games that come to mind where turbo could be a big advantage with turbo

#9 Posted by GhostOfSparta21 (296 posts) -
If you used one such as this on COD4 would it even be against the rules anyway?
#10 Posted by spray_the_dome (44 posts) -

it doesnt matter because for all they know is that your just holding the controller up to your body and clicking the trigger really fast lol..they say that stuff because they want it to be fair for everyone, get it?:)

#11 Posted by david60639 (6947 posts) -
That Walmart one is uncomfortable garbage compared to the high priced custom modded controllers people are selling.