Might get a x1 for christmas

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I haven't really been keeping up with the x1. I have a ps4 but I want the best of both worlds. I don't hate on either consoles. That said I was wondering if you guys can get me up to date on the x1.

My main interest is Forza 5 and Forza horizon 2. Right off the bat im going to buy those games If I get the console.

1. What other games have I missed out on exclusive wise and what exclusives are looking good in 2015?

2. Any word on the next gears of war? This would be a big reason why I would get a x1.

3. I don't want to start up any system wars drama but Is there a noticeable difference in graphics between the ps4 and x1?

4. Is xbox live still $59.99 for the year?

5. Should I get forChristmas or wait till another price drop? Do you guys think it is going to stay at $399.99 for another year?

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Now is the best time to get Xbox one it is only $350.00 for Xbox one and 2 games. Assassin's Creed Unity and Assassin's Creed 4 Black flag. So get the console and Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2. Other exclusive games are Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Killer instinct and Ryse Son of Rome. Plus Halo Master Chief Collection. Gears of War "Black tusk" is due 2016 ish. And Halo 5 in 2015. Xbox live is $59.99 per year but there are sales so you can find it cheaper.

Plus a game console is the best Christmas present ever. Xbox one is great for Christmas.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marcheegsr

@Megavideogamer said:

Now is the best time to get Xbox one it is only $350.00 for Xbox one and 2 games. Assassin's Creed Unity and Assassin's Creed 4 Black flag. So get the console and Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2. Other exclusive games are Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Killer instinct and Ryse Son of Rome. Plus Halo Master Chief Collection. Gears of War "Black tusk" is due 2016 ish. And Halo 5 in 2015. Xbox live is $59.99 per year but there are sales so you can find it cheaper.

Plus a game console is the best Christmas present ever. Xbox one is great for Christmas.

Yeah, My mom asked me what I wanted for xmas and honestly theres nothing quite like having a new console to play on Christmas day.

The thing about the bundle is that I already have ac black flag and unity on ps4. I wish I could find a sunset overdrive bundle. I guess I could always sell the ac codes and use the money towards forza 5 and forza horizon 2.

I don't hear too much about titanfall anymore but I think im going to get that game as well.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcheegsr

She just ordered me the Xbox one Sunset overdrive white edition bundle from amazon. Only 2 left. It was sold out at walmart, best buy, and gamestop. So im looking forward to Christmas. :)

Habsrule31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Habsrule31
Member since 2012 • 115 Posts

I have the Sunset Overdrive bundle and I love it! You should not be disappointed with it at all and you're getting a great game right off the bat!

Enjoy the console on Christmas morning!

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Congrats mate, best of both worlds is the best - nothing beats it. Let the ignorant fanboys fight and argue whilst we get to game on both consoles and not worry about a thing.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I figured there might be a Forza fan looking at that avatar. Hey you can wait longer but I doubt you'll see bigger discounts than we have now, anytime soon. Horizon 2's online community now is thriving. There are a multitude of online clubs that are open to the public and have great members. Just yesterday, despite having a rather large backlog of games, I spent the entire night racing online in Horizon 2. Was racing with this group of 10 guys, they were all in the same club, all clean racers, all just out cruising and having a good time, having conversations about cars....so yeah you can wait but you're just missing out right now hehe enjoy Christmas either way man

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By marcheegsr

@Alucard_Prime said:

I figured there might be a Forza fan looking at that avatar. Hey you can wait longer but I doubt you'll see bigger discounts than we have now, anytime soon. Horizon 2's online community now is thriving. There are a multitude of online clubs that are open to the public and have great members. Just yesterday, despite having a rather large backlog of games, I spent the entire night racing online in Horizon 2. Was racing with this group of 10 guys, they were all in the same club, all clean racers, all just out cruising and having a good time, having conversations about cars....so yeah you can wait but you're just missing out right now hehe enjoy Christmas either way man

Sounds like a lot of fun man, cant wait. Thanks.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

go for it with sunset overdrive bundle

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

Awesome console, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Loving my console.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By marcheegsr

Yeah got the sunset overdrive bundle coming. Got it on Amazon.ca It was 399.99. Got the 2nd last one. Now its 499.99. (Canadian prices). Would of got the AC bundle but I have those games for ps4 and I prefer the white version.

Also picked up titanfall and forza 5 for 20 each today. Looking forward to Christmas day now. Im 29 but I feel like im 15 again.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I hope u enjoy the XB1 at Christmas and you can't go wrong with Sunset Overdrive it's a fun game and I think you should consider getting quantum Break and Halo 5 and the Halo MCC too.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 marcheegsr

@sukraj said:

I hope u enjoy the XB1 at Christmas and you can't go wrong with Sunset Overdrive it's a fun game and I think you should consider getting quantum Break and Halo 5 and the Halo MCC too.

Yeah Quantum break im getting for sure.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BattleSpectre

@marcheegsr said:

@sukraj said:

Nah I wouldn't get the MCC yet, wait until it's been fixed.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 marcheegsr

@BattleSpectre said:

@marcheegsr said:

@sukraj said:

That's what I keep hearing. Im not even a really big halo fan anyways so ill probably wait till this drops heavily in price. Halo 5 is a different story though.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@marcheegsr said:

@sukraj said:

That's what I keep hearing. Im not even a really big halo fan anyways so ill probably wait till this drops heavily in price. Halo 5 is a different story though.

Are you still playing Assassin Creed Unity do you know if Ubisoft have fixed the bugs.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 marcheegsr

@sukraj said:

@marcheegsr said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@marcheegsr said:

@sukraj said:

Are you still playing Assassin Creed Unity do you know if Ubisoft have fixed the bugs.

Yea still playing the ps4 version. Still have people popping in when running around the streets. Other then that it seems fairly stable.

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#19  Edited By Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

She just ordered me the Xbox one Sunset overdrive white edition bundle from amazon. Only 2 left. It was sold out at walmart, best buy, and gamestop. So im looking forward to Christmas. :)

Congrats, hope you enjoy the new console. I was in a similar situation to you back in the summer. I had the PS4 but was looking to finally get on board the Xbox One bandwagon as well. Glad I did, from other posts it seems like you're leaning towards getting Forza Horizon 2 which I can't recommend highly enough, bought an X1 back in August mainly for that game and don't regret that decision. I'd also recommend Killer Instinct and once you get done with Sunset Overdrive and some of the open world games you have on PS4, I'd say give Dead Rising 3 a look. I didn't care for the first 2 but for some reason thought 3 was pretty good.

Next year looks great as well after the slow early months. Quantum Break, Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Crackdown and Scalebound are all games that have been announced and I'd expect to see at least 3 of those 5 in 2015. There's also the strong possibility of Forza Motorsport 6.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 marcheegsr

@Gamer46 said:

@marcheegsr said:

Congrats, hope you enjoy the new console. I was in a similar situation to you back in the summer. I had the PS4 but was looking to finally get on board the Xbox One bandwagon as well. Glad I did, from other posts it seems like you're leaning towards getting Forza Horizon 2 which I can't recommend highly enough, bought an X1 back in August mainly for that game and don't regret that decision. I'd also recommend Killer Instinct and once you get done with Sunset Overdrive and some of the open world games you have on PS4, I'd say give Dead Rising 3 a look. I didn't care for the first 2 but for some reason thought 3 was pretty good.

Next year looks great as well after the slow early months. Quantum Break, Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Crackdown and Scalebound are all games that have been announced and I'd expect to see at least 3 of those 5 in 2015. There's also the strong possibility of Forza Motorsport 6.

Yea I got forza 5 first, going to go through that and then get forza horizon 2. I did not like the first 2 dead risings but for the price it is now I might give it a try.

Really looking forward to quantum break and rise of the tomb raider.

MortisPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 MortisPenguin
Member since 2014 • 172 Posts

Did you decide to get a Xbox One for Christmas?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BattleSpectre

@mortispenguin said:

He was already getting one, it was ordered and everything. Yes he has an Xbox One as of now.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 marcheegsr

@mortispenguin said:

Yup. The sunset overdrive bundle white edition.

Its super quiet and looks sweet. The dashboard takes time getting use to but other than that Im impressed.

MortisPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MortisPenguin
Member since 2014 • 172 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

@mortispenguin said:

Its super quiet and looks sweet. The dashboard takes time getting use to but other than that Im impressed.

I am happy to hear that you got a Xbox One for Christmas. How are you liking Sunset Overdrive?

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 marcheegsr

@mortispenguin said:

@marcheegsr said:

@mortispenguin said:

I am happy to hear that you got a Xbox One for Christmas. How are you liking Sunset Overdrive?

Its plain fun. Open world shoot everything type of game with a great vibrant color scheme that brings the world to life. Only complaint is it took sooo long to download even though I have a fast internet. It was worth the wait though.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

Its plain fun. Open world shoot everything type of game with a great vibrant color scheme that brings the world to life. Only complaint is it took sooo long to download even though I have a fast internet. It was worth the wait though.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I've been playing the Halo 5 beta in my Xbone. :)

You have both systems, so it's easier for you to notice the DLs take longer on Xbone even with guys like us who have fast internet. I usually leave my machine on and do some chores and come back, lol.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 marcheegsr

Yeah also Sunsetoverdrive took really long because its a digital download. It will probably be the only digital download I get (since it came with the bundle). Im more a physical copy kind of guy. Plus I notice they install quicker. Yes my ps4 installs everything wayyyyy quicker but that's why its always good to have the best of both worlds. You can't play forza/gears of war on ps4 or uncharted/ gran turismo on xbox 1.